Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2009, 02:40 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Someone who has been sentenced to death, has chosen to forfeit their life, according to the law. That person had a life, unlike a pre born baby that is murdered in the name of "choice" and squandered it. A hypocrite be someone who is for abortion and against the death penalty.
I am pro choice and pro death penalty.

Also, someone who was sentenced to the death penalty has not CHOSEN to give up there life.

I believe a hypocrite is someone who is pro life and for death penalty and (believe it or not) eats meat. They constantly say ALL life is sacred but then go and eat that big hamburger. Doesn't the animal deserve to live too? Why would you kill an animal? They have feelings and feel pain too. They have families.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:40 PM

193 posts, read 191,858 times
Quote:
Someone who has been sentenced to death, has chosen to forfeit their life, according to the law.
Tell that to the guy convicted and murdered by the state for burning his children to death. Oh, and if you are ever falsely arrested and convicted for something you didn't do I will be sure to repeat your own words to you before they fry you.

It is better to let 100 guilty go free than to imprison one innocent man.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:41 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Also, someone who was sentenced to the death penalty has not CHOSEN to give up there life.

I believe a hypocrite is someone who is pro life and for death penalty and (believe it or not) eats meat. They constantly say ALL life is sacred but then go and eat that big hamburger. Doesn't the animal deserve to live too? Why would you kill an animal? They have feelings and feel pain too. They have families.
So, you support abortion, but think that eating meat is murder?

Old 10-04-2009, 02:41 PM

193 posts, read 191,858 times
Quote:

Then you better not walk on the grass. Who knows how many grasshoppers and crickets you kill. Bad bad bad.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
You did not answer my question.

And no, I am just stating an argument. I don't not think eating meat is murder. If all life is sacred and you are very concerned about the pain the fetus may be feeling during an abortion procedure, then why do these same people eat meat?

The animals life was sacred too. Werent you concerned about their pain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halleda View Post
Then you better not walk on the grass. Who knows how many grasshoppers and crickets you kill. Bad bad bad.
I agree. Isn't their life sacred? Prolifers always tell me that ALL life is sacred.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
You dont think it is?

I cant speak for Theliberalvoice but "supporting abortion" doesnt mean you're not aware that it kills a living being.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:

And no, I am just stating an argument. I don't not think eating meat is murder. If all life is sacred and you are very concerned about the pain the fetus may be feeling during an abortion procedure, then why do these same people eat meat?

I agree. Isn't their life sacred? Prolifers always tell me that ALL life is sacred.
Sorry, didn't mean to ignore your questions. You're right, I did say that all life was sacred, I should have specified all human life, my bad. I do not believe that humans and animals are equal; that being said, animal cruelty sickens me, but I have no problem with eating animals.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:50 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:

Old 10-04-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You dont think it is?

I cant speak for Theliberalvoice but "supporting abortion" doesnt mean you're not aware that it kills a living being.
I'm not sure I follow your question; sorry.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to ignore your questions. You're right, I did say that all life was sacred, I should have specified all human life, my bad. I do not believe that humans and animals are equal; that being said, animal cruelty sickens me, but I have no problem with eating animals.
I am not trying to pick on you or anything but I often wondered what prolifers thought about animals. They say all life is sacred and then do not care when they eat an animal that (more than likely) has been murdered. Their life was taken against their will.

Animal cruelty sickens me too. I could never imagine doing some of the things to anyone or animals that I see some people do. Sad. Sure, you might believe animals and humans are not equal. Even I agree to a point. If I had a choice to save a human versus an animal, I would try to save both but in the end go with saving the Human. But if I can stop animal abuse, I do.

No apology needed at all.

PS-Sonrise, I sent you a DM. Let me know if you got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies