Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 10:18 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I think the problem is Republicans dont want Obama reelected in 2012. Every single basic idea that Obama has proposed has been met with heavy backlash from townhall rallies. How do you make change if your walking on eggshells? how do you make change when a large group people want you to fail?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...a-fail-11.html

The far right (Palin supporters) are on an agenda to put Obama in a place where he wont be reelected. And its sad because they are hurting America in the process.
I also don't believe Obama is the problem, I think he and Bush and Clinton are all just puppets of the same NWO globalist puppet master. The puppet master is the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 10:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Obama has had to alter some of his plans --
Yes like when he was running for election and talked about re-doing NAFTA because jobs for Americans was supposedly important - however he quickly reminded the Canadian government he wasn't serious, it was only just for votes he said something like that.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:36 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,121 times
Americans can be rather amusing, you would prefer to have Bush back to invade a few more countries ?

I wonder how many on the right would be keen on a military draft if their arse was going to end up in a slit trench.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:39 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
How much are you willing to pay for it? You realize that the citizens of every nation with UHC or similar pay for it through payroll taxes of some fashion. It is not free. Would you support a new 8% payroll tax to guarantee healthcare to all Americans?
When are people going to realise that by paying for a health system is paying for THEIR health system. So many idiots on here seem to think that they are just paying for other people...NO you are paying for your own health care but all Americans are also included. Is that a bad thing to be able to pay less than you do now and be able to cover EVERY American. That is a good thing NOT a bad thing. I pay taxes in America and would not mind paying more for a great health service that covers all Amricans.
My Father, who is 88, was taken into a National Health Hospital in the UK two days ago with heart problems. He has had every test possible, given great treatment and is now on the mend. He said to me today how amazing his care is and how it is worth every penny of tax that he has paid over the years. He is now getting the rewards of many years of paying into the system. He also said it is worth every penny and he would have paid higher taxes for such a great service and peace of mind.
Obama is doing the right thing in getting the health system changed in America...pity the voters are so easily swayed by the medias lies about public funded healthcare. Obama is doing everything he promised, it is the voters who have flip flopped.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:46 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,999,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I think the problem is Republicans dont want Obama reelected in 2012. Every single basic idea that Obama has proposed has been met with heavy backlash from townhall rallies. How do you make change if your walking on eggshells? how do you make change when a large group people want you to fail?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...a-fail-11.html

The far right (Palin supporters) are on an agenda to put Obama in a place where he wont be reelected. And its sad because they are hurting America in the process.

I think McCain is darn glad he didn't win. Likewise I'm doubtful if Barry's narcacism will allow him to run again in 2012. Hillary on the other hand is always ready. Maybe a Palin/Hillary show down...now that may be quite entertaining.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:01 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
When are people going to realise that by paying for a health system is paying for THEIR health system. So many idiots on here seem to think that they are just paying for other people...NO you are paying for your own health care but all Americans are also included. Is that a bad thing to be able to pay less than you do now and be able to cover EVERY American. That is a good thing NOT a bad thing. I pay taxes in America and would not mind paying more for a great health service that covers all Amricans.
My Father, who is 88, was taken into a National Health Hospital in the UK two days ago with heart problems. He has had every test possible, given great treatment and is now on the mend. He said to me today how amazing his care is and how it is worth every penny of tax that he has paid over the years. He is now getting the rewards of many years of paying into the system. He also said it is worth every penny and he would have paid higher taxes for such a great service and peace of mind.
Obama is doing the right thing in getting the health system changed in America...pity the voters are so easily swayed by the medias lies about public funded healthcare. Obama is doing everything he promised, it is the voters who have flip flopped.

With all respect to my friends across the pond, the UK tax system would be laughed out of Congress here in the US as far too regressive. In the US, the upper-middle class and the rich pay the majority of the taxes - almost 90% of all taxes in fact.

Yes, it is our health system. I think that everybody should have to pay for it. Obama started out reform by stating there would be no cost to most Americans, and that he was going to pay for it by taxing the rich and cutting costs. Does that sound like everybody is going to pay for "their health system"?

Old 10-03-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Americans can be rather amusing, you would prefer to have Bush back to invade a few more countries ?

I wonder how many on the right would be keen on a military draft if their arse was going to end up in a slit trench.

Depends on what countries.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes like when he was running for election and talked about re-doing NAFTA because jobs for Americans was supposedly important - however he quickly reminded the Canadian government he wasn't serious, it was only just for votes he said something like that.
The trade agreements we have are obscene and for Bush's terms they were on steroids. I will never forigive Clinton for these outrageous agreements. Obama has moved in the right direction with China on this issue and I hope to see more of this type of thing. Maybe if people here demanded to "Buy American" we would get bak to where are supposed to be in the manufacturing sector. Americans want cheap crap from China and continue to shop at Un-American places like Walmart. We are reaping what we have sown.

U.S. to Impose Tariff on Chinese Tires

WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration will put steep import duties of 35% in the first year on Chinese passenger and light truck tires, responding to what the U.S. International Trade Commission determined to be a surge of Chinese tire exports that has rocked the domestic U.S. tire industry and displaced thousands of jobs, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk announced Friday night.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125283952859406521.html

Old 10-03-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The trade agreements we have are obscene and for Bush's terms they were on steroids. I will never forigive Clinton for these outrageous agreements. Obama has moved in the right direction with China on this issue and I hope to see more of this type of thing. Maybe if people here demanded to "Buy American" we would get bak to where are supposed to be in the manufacturing sector. Americans want cheap crap from China and continue to shop at Un-American places like Walmart. We are reaping what we have sown.

U.S. to Impose Tariff on Chinese Tires

WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration will put steep import duties of 35% in the first year on Chinese passenger and light truck tires, responding to what the U.S. International Trade Commission determined to be a surge of Chinese tire exports that has rocked the domestic U.S. tire industry and displaced thousands of jobs, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk announced Friday night.

U.S. to Impose Tariff on Chinese Tires - WSJ.com
In other words he broke his promise to not raise taxes on anybody earning less than $250,000.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:58 PM

757 posts, read 803,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I agree. As evidenced on this very forum, any & every single thought, word, idea that Obama & his administration has either done or proposed has been met w/insults, cattiness, judgment, etc. I can't even imagine being him right now, that must truly suck. The people in this country have shown themselves to be immature selfish little brats who have no thought for anything but how to beat someone down. I'm embarrassed to actually live here w/the behavior that I've witnessed. All I can say is that this administration has risen above this immaturity & the more they do that, the worse you people look, not that you could look any worse.
These forums don't necessarily reflect most of America. They are dominated by political partisans. Myself included. In reality, Obama's personal approvals are 20 Pt's higher than his job approvals. Some people may not like his policies, but clearly most people like the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies