Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:28 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times

Advertisements

...God forbid, this country were attacked on a major scale,like on 9/11? Do you all think those that are rambling on & on against the president would actually HELP an enemy of the US, just to take out Obama?
This seems really "out there", but given the crap I read online , it really doesn't seem all that crazy anymore. I really wonder if the Anti- Obama people are that full of hate, that they might actually betray the US, or even try to instigate it on their own?
What think you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 10:31 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
...God forbid, this country were attacked on a major scale,like on 9/11? Do you all think those that are rambling on & on against the president would actually HELP an enemy of the US, just to take out Obama?
This seems really "out there", but given the crap I read online , it really doesn't seem all that crazy anymore. I really wonder if the Anti- Obama people are that full of hate, that they might actually betray the US, or even try to instigate it on their own?
What think you?
No, what a bizarre thought on your part. To think that people would so dislike Obama that they would let other people die is beyond the pale.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
No, what a bizarre thought on your part. To think that people would so dislike Obama that they would let other people die is beyond the pale.
Doesn't seem very bizarre to me. I have seen so much craziness & blatant HATRED since the election towards the POTUS that I have never before seen in my 40 years, it literally scares me.

A pic for you, Pom... my Wolfie,as a tiny pup, before he somehow turned orange! He's about 6 months old now! !

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/Dorothy11/100_7073.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-02-2009, 10:54 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
I wouldn't be surprised. The fringe element is scary...A census worker gets murdered after Bachman's Census bashing, a journalist encourages a coup, Rush Limbaugh says that schools buses should be segregated, people think our president is trying to indoctrinate children and are comparing him to Hitler. It was not too long ago that angry, fearful, and uneducated mobs of people hung black people from trees, burned their houses down, unleashed dogs and fire hoses on them all driven by fear of integration and equality. The thought that some Americans would want the president to be harmed is not too far fetched based on the division, fear and lies that drive the fringe element today.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Doesn't seem very bizarre to me. I have seen so much craziness & blatant HATRED since the election towards the POTUS that I have never before seen in my 40 years, it literally scares me.

A pic for you, Pom... my Wolfie,as a tiny pup, before he somehow turned orange! He's about 6 months old now! !
OMG! How cute is that pomeranian?! Mine passed on. She was so sweet and so smart. I think they make the best pets but I cannot bring myself to get another one. She was so special to me. On topic, I have faith in my fellow man and woman.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:02 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
What think you?
Wasn't McCain's advisory during the campaign that said that an attack would help McCain?

Old 10-02-2009, 11:16 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
What think you?
When people think like this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Be of great cheer. He [Obama] is fast becoming the Epic Failure.
anything is possible.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:19 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
What think you?

Well I will try to respond to this left winger insanity. Why would our enemies help anyone get rid of hussein obama. He is their friend.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Well I will try to respond to this left winger insanity. Why would our enemies help anyone get rid of hussein obama. He is their friend.
THIS is why I am worried for this country. The predjudice & ignorance that is leading Americans to Fear & Hate their own president!!! Is this just stupidity? I worry that the TRUE enemies of America are feeding on this type of ignorance & hatred.
I keep coming back to "United we stand, divided we fall."

Here is my Wolfie tonight... no more a Wolf Sable, but an ORANGE, my fav' color!!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/Dorothy11/100_9112.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-02-2009, 11:37 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
What think you?
Die-hard partisans will always toe a party line.

Remember all of those that hated Bush before 911?

They hated him afterwards, too. Many even blamed him for it. Go figure.

There's extremeists of every stripe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies