Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:53 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,220,300 times

Advertisements

He only had 8 years to get it down..........Obama's only had 8 months....LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 11:02 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Nope...not one. Not one single one.

That is not true. Homes are more affordable than every right now.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 PM

689 posts, read 742,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Where are all the posters who already complained that Obama is not keeping campaign promises? Surely you have an intolerance of broken campaign promises regardless of which candidate broke them. Any comment about GWB's broken campaign promises? Aren't you just as outraged?

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...-promises.html
I'm not a fan of either one. Does that count? Or...do we need to keep saying "Bush did it" to deflect attention away from the stupidity that's currently going on? See...when a politician talks about "change" I just assume that means "change for the BETTER". I was all for change. I was actually pretty optimistic even though Obama has always talked without saying anything. As time goes on, it has become rather apparent that he doesn't know what he's doing at all. This still wouldn't be such a big deal (IMO) if he would have surrounded himself with people who do. But alas...he surrounded himself with a bunch of idiots. Part of being a good leader is surrounding yourself with people who...make you look good (to speak honestly). He couldn't even do that right. He even said to judge him by the people he surrounds himself with. Uh...okay. I will.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:58 AM

183 posts, read 114,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I made this point in a different thread. If Obama has done nothing thus far and conservatives are for less government, why are conservatives dogging him so much?

Spending nearly a trillion borrowed dollars to reward supporters while the unemployment it was supposed to help reduce skyrockets isn't doing nothing and it certainly isn't reducing the size and scope of government.

Now they want to cap and tax and Obama care?

How we gonna pay for all this?

Old 10-05-2009, 06:01 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
GWB made these promises to America during his 2004 speech at the RNC. Which, if any, of these promises did he keep?

"My plan begins with providing the security and opportunity of a growing economy. We now compete in a global market that provides new buyers for our goods, but new competition for our workers. To create more jobs in America, America must be the best place in the world to do business."

"To create jobs, my plan will encourage investment and expansion by restraining federal spending, reducing regulation and making the tax relief permanent."

"To create jobs, we will make our country less dependent on foreign sources of energy."

"To create jobs, we will expand trade and level the playing field to sell American goods and services across the globe."

"In a new term, I will lead a bipartisan effort to reform and simplify the federal tax code."

"In these areas,(we will create American opportunity zones) we'll provide tax relief and other incentives to attract new business and improve housing and job training to bring hope and work throughout all of America."

"In a new term, we must allow small firms to join together to purchase (health) insurance at the discounts available to big companies."

"We will offer a tax credit to encourage small businesses and their employees to set up health savings accounts and provide direct help for low-income Americans to purchase them. These accounts give workers the security of insurance against major illness, the opportunity to save tax-free for routine health expenses, and the freedom of knowing you can take your account with you whenever you change jobs."

"We will provide low-income Americans with better access to health care. In a new term, I will ensure every poor county in America has a community or rural health center."

"To make health care more affordable and accessible, we must pass medical liability reform now."

"In a new term we will change outdated labor laws to offer comp-time and flex-time. Our laws should never stand in the way of a more family-friendly workplace."

"Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, "Welcome to my home."

Transcript of Bush's 2004 RNC speech.

Text: President Bush's Acceptance Speech to the Republican National Convention (washingtonpost.com)
Which of the things on that list did you support? It appears to me that the Dems opposed everything on that list. Might that be the reason he didn't succeed?

Old 10-05-2009, 06:31 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Which of the things on that list did you support? It appears to me that the Dems opposed everything on that list. Might that be the reason he didn't succeed?
The Dem's have control of Congress and the WH and still can't get nothing done. LOL!

Old 10-05-2009, 06:35 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,325,731 times
You liberal and democrat whiners just can't wean yourselved off GWB, can you. Your guy won. He's screwing up the country. Deal with it, and quit blaming the other guy.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:36 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,919 times
Gee...I could have sworn that we elected a new president last November..I guess even the liberals don't want to talk about Obama since he is such a loser....

Old 10-05-2009, 07:08 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Obama is doing so poorly the only thing they have to go to back to the well and go after Bush.

The racist thing did not work so now they go back to Bush.

Liberals live backwards, no wonder we are falling apart so quickly in America.

Dont liberals have anything to look forward to in life other then going after Bush?

Why do liberals hate America and Bush so bad?
No need to ask that, some people already know.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:12 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I made this point in a different thread. If Obama has done nothing thus far and conservatives are for less government, why are conservatives dogging him so much?

Because they're hypocrites.

You know, like less government except when more government advances their agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies