Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 01:05 PM

537 posts, read 292,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Che Guevara was a good man who used violent tactics in a situation many of you seem to not understand. We don't have the abject poverty Guevara fought against in the United States of America. What Guevara fought for necessitated violence. Furthermore, a lot can be learned from Guevara and what happened in Cuba. When oppression reaches a certain level, people will gladly trade that in for another form of oppression. We as Americans love to delude ourselves into thinking Communism is so evil that everybody naturally opposes it while simultaneously downplaying such events as the Bay of Pigs, which of course clearly demonstrated that not everyone sees Communism the way we do. Che Guevara was a hero to many. And last time I check, revolutions involved a lot of violence. I always find it quite hypocritical when conservatives speak of how we must use our military might to make our points yet chastise others when they use theirs. In fact, if I were a conservative, I wouldn't touch the subject of Guevara with a ten foot poll.
You are right, many do not understand his violent tactics (I'm one of them). Do you understand his tactics? BTW, Hitler was a hero to many, so was Napoleon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 01:25 PM

537 posts, read 292,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
...and he also believed that maintaining an iron fist was a means to justify an end, after obtaining power, just like every other Marxist in existence. I can't believe America has people in it thinking this man was anything other than a fart in the wind.
They read a couple of books and become experts. Such ignorance.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,777,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
So Che's work at the leper colony was not "positive"?

"As an "about to be" doctor, Che takes a semester off from his studies. He and a friend, a medical technician, intend to travel on the friend's motorcycle through all the countries of Latin America ending up in Colombia.

Imagine a twenty-three year old you know setting out to see all the states of the United States but on roads as they are in wilderness areas of Utah. No I 80s.
The worst fears of Che's parents are realized. The motorcycle gives out in the middle of no where. But they are innovative young men. And they are determined to complete their journey.
By pre-arrangement they visit a doctor in Peru who directs them to a leper colony on the Amazon River.
The colony crystallizes Che's consciousness of "the other:" the lepers live on one side of the river, staff on the other side.
In preparation for their visit to the colony, the chief doctor briefs Che and his friend on the work. He takes particular care to assure the young men that leprosy is not contagious.
Crossing Amazon in an open boat the doctor hands Che and his friend latex gloves. It was a rule of the Mother Superior of the community of sisters who ran the colony that no staff might touch a leper with bare hands.
Che asks, "Why? If leprosy is not contagious why wear gloves?" The doctor says, "Just do it." Che hands the gloves back to the doctor, refusing to wear them. His first act ashore is to shake hands with a man whose hands are knurled, deformed from the disease. The man draws back, saying, "Don't you know the rule?"
In the course of his several week residency in the colony Che, by his example, transforms the relationships between the staff and the lepers.
The night before Che's departure, the staff throws a birthday party for him. As the party is ending, he walks to the river shore. Across the river he can see the lights of the leper colony. It is there he wants to celebrate his birthday.
Over the protests of his friend, Che strips off his clothes and dives into the river. Driving himself beyond his debilitating asthma, he makes it to the other side. The story of Che and the leper colony is a metaphor for the challenge facing each one of us in our own personal journey: the challenge of meeting "the other." Makes no difference whether or not we ever leave home."

The Birth Process
*cough* bull**** *cough*

Probably looked good in the movie though. I hope hollywood makes some propaganda movie about how great I am.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:58 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,217,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo46 View Post
They read a couple of books and become experts. Such ignorance.
Did you have first-hand, direct experience with Che, as opposed to reading about him? Do you have that type of "expertise"?

How about Felix Rodriguez, do you know him? He lives in Miami.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:59 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,217,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
*cough* bull**** *cough*

Probably looked good in the movie though. I hope hollywood makes some propaganda movie about how great I am.
What movie?

Old 04-25-2010, 06:06 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,296,330 times
"the black is indolent and fanciful, he spends his money on frivolity and drink; the European comes from a tradition of working and saving which follows him to this corner of America and drives him to get ahead, even independently, of his own individual aspirations."

- racist Che

Old 04-25-2010, 07:51 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,995,383 times
Ernesto "Che" Guevara may have died 42 years ago but he may be having the last laugh. The seeds of a popular revolution of Bolivia's native American majority olanted by Che have grown and flowered in the form of President Evo Morales who is an ally of Hugo Chavez's Bolivarian Movement. Morales has kicked America's Drug agents and military advisors out of the Bolivia and is backing nativist revolutionary movements in neigboring countries like Peru.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:44 PM

946 posts, read 2,605,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Hey, don't post something like this. You'll have liberals crying at the death of one of their idols. So what if he executed children in front of their fathers. he was the hero of many hollywood celebrities.
Unlike the military juntas our government supported that killed and wasted men, women and children. The world would be a better place, and our country's place in history more secure, if we refused to tolerate and support murderers and rapists in order to further our foreign goals.

As we continue to do in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia... The biggest difference between our country and a man is that if a man is guilty, he is a criminal. If our country is guilty of crimes, we want to avert our eyes and call it, "necessary to defeat terrorism." And there is no judge or jury to evaluate our actions.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 PM

948 posts, read 894,942 times
If I couldn't have pulled a trigger myself, I would have loved to sell popcorn and peanuts at that shindig.

PROGRAM! GET YA PROGRAM!!!

Old 04-25-2010, 11:56 PM

946 posts, read 2,605,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
If I couldn't have pulled a trigger myself, I would have loved to sell popcorn and peanuts at that shindig.

PROGRAM! GET YA PROGRAM!!!
I am sure there is some bloody, corrupt dictatorship in Central America that you can go try your peculiar brand of democracy in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies