Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 06:27 PM

776 posts, read 1,277,098 times

Advertisements

Ha! What are the odds that this thread will see noon tomorrow before being locked?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:30 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,955,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
The point is, if I can do it with no parental assistance why can't blacks? Nobody is forcing them to stay in the gutter, there are lots of opportunities in America the last time I checked. Excuses excuses.
"Why can't blacks"? I know plenty of black college graduates and high school students on their way to college.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:34 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,353,097 times
Exclamation Racism is a relative term to many people

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Let's see,...white trash, trailer park trash, stupid redneck, and then throw in the typical insults for geographical location or ethnic or national heritage like Irish, Italian, Jew, etc. Naw, it never happens.
Agree w ith Sailordave. Also growing up as a white kid in a black neighborhood there was plenty of white racism going on!

Old 10-13-2009, 06:40 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,315,110 times
Redneck, anybody?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:41 PM

9,797 posts, read 11,191,060 times
If a culture is not motivated, that's the core problem. Cultures that are motivated, family oriented seem to do very well.

Some of the Asian cultures started out with negative stereotypes from a bunch of simple minded people. Mysteriously, they worked their butts off and climbed the ladder. Now the stereotypes are that they work hard, smart, and are honest. That sure was a turn in 20 short years.

The black culture is viewed negatively (NOT black people). Ask any successful black and he or she will agree.

While we are at it, if you don't want to be judged, pull the stocking off your head and pull-up your darn pants. Attempt to talk clearly. It's also o.k. for you to judge me if I have tattoos up and down my body and have a pony tail down to my a_ss. It's not that hard to get ahead in this country. Black, yellow, or white.

I don't dispute that Black's have had a tough life in generations past. But culturally it's time to get motivated and keep your families together. I know, let's be compassionate and give people money for sitting on their butts which allows the family to stay broken-up.

Gee..... Maybe welfare is part of the problem???

Old 10-13-2009, 06:42 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,497,027 times
what do you call archie bunker, a one of a kind?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:46 PM

9,797 posts, read 11,191,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
what do you call archie bunker, a one of a kind?
Archie was blind and therefore color blind. Want proof?? He married Edith didn't he???

Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin are portrayed as your typical lazy insensitive white man; however, most whites find it hilarious. They aren't offended by it at all.

The Peter Griffin and Archie Bunker stereotypes haven't brought the white man down. They are still here getting in the face of minorities or secretly bringing them down with whatever passive-aggressive/double-binding policies and systems that they can brainstorm.

Last edited by artsyguy; 10-13-2009 at 06:59 PM..

Old 10-13-2009, 06:57 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,445,429 times
This is 2009 and we have a Black President if that is not enough proof that blacks CAN achieve anything if they actually try I don't know what else you need. There is absolutely no excuse for blacks or any other group for that matter not to succeed. The problem seems to be lack of caring enough to even try, just stay in the "victim" role, well you will get no were fast like that. Suck it up, realize that nothing comes easy and get to work.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
There is 304,059,724 people in The United States and we've only had ONE half-black/half-white president since the bill of rights was created. That is just pitiful. We haven't had one Hispanic, Hebrew, or Asian President either. What is worse is that we have never had a Native American President. What say you to all of that?

The 304, 058, 724 living in the United States do not all agree with you. A lot of them have very negative beliefs about racial minorities ingrained into their belief system. These racists aren't going to spurt out their hateful beliefs like Fred Phelps does. They are going to keep it a secret for the most part. That problem will effect black people considering they are the minority group. Also what do you say to the Jasper killing in Texas?

You also don't know whether the black people care or not. You are not black. You do not know what they go through.

Some of the few black people that I know who are in positions of authority or power are two-faced sell outs to Anglo conformity. They are just as racist as the ones who brainwashed them. The blacks that don't kiss up and conform to Anglo society are pushed aside and forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
This is 2009 and we have a Black President if that is not enough proof that blacks CAN achieve anything if they actually try I don't know what else you need. There is absolutely no excuse for blacks or any other group for that matter not to succeed. The problem seems to be lack of caring enough to even try, just stay in the "victim" role, well you will get no were fast like that. Suck it up, realize that nothing comes easy and get to work.

Last edited by artsyguy; 10-13-2009 at 07:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies