Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:38 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,243,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I find it interesting that the mantra of the left when it comes to abortion is, "keep the government off of my body", yet when it comes to insurance they want the government to control their body. So, pro choice when it comes to murdering pre born baby's, but no choice when it comes to health insurance. Got it.
Mandatory insurance coverage is not controlling your body. It's not forcing you to do, or not do, something with your body. So your comparison isn't accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,657 posts, read 8,725,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Maybe you should retain Orly Taitz.
Way to add to the conversation, your post was knowledgeable and thought provoking. I hadn't considered your point of view.

14 posts, read 14,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Riiight....righties scream about keeping government out of private medical decisions yet want to make abortion illegal.
So, you now see the problem. Both the left and right politicians are nothing but a bunch of hooligans... I cannot stand either party Purplelove. I hope that you feel the same. Somehow, I feel that you'll defend your party regardless.

8,998 posts, read 14,810,672 times
Quote:
So you're against illegal immigration?
Yes.
I just don't care for all the hate speech people have for illegal immigrants.

I don't mind opening up our borders for more people provided they go through the proper legal channels. We can definitely use some international talent in terms of trying to get more primary physicians in this country.

Also, let's not act like ONLY illegal immigrants use the emergency room in place of a visit to a family doctor. We have our own citizens doing this because they cannot afford health insurance, they don't have health insurance due to a job loss (because we have such a crazy system that ties employment to health insurance coverage and if you lose your job...you're screwed) or they have been denied health insurance do a pre-existing condition.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
but won't you have to hire some liberal trial lawyer to represent you??? And my guess is that he will be familiar with the concept of sovereign immunity and will have read the federal tort claims act of 1948. You should too before you go spending any of this anticiptaed loot setting yourselves up in some remote cabin in the mountains of montana...
saggy!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 07:39 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,190,313 times
Quote:
Of course he would. He must purchase insurance or pay a fine. In other words, no choice. As I stated in my op; expect a huge class action law suit, if this goes through.
Why don't you outraged righties file a class action suit against Insurance companies that can charge ANYTHING they want? Right now, if you want health insurance you have NO choice, you pay what they want and then HOPE you can get your bills paid.....nice choice!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel2Reel View Post
So, you now see the problem. Both the left and right politicians are nothing but a bunch of hooligans... I cannot stand either party Purplelove. I hope that you feel the same. Somehow, I feel that you'll defend your party regardless.
I don't really have a party.
I'm all over the political map.

I can agree with some Republican positions, some Democratic positions, some Green Party positions, and some Libertarian positions.

A lot of times my views change quite a bit.

When it comes to health care, I'm open to single payer or something like Germany has. I'm not saying single payer is the end all be all, every health system has their flaws but the U.S. can learn a lot from other countries when it comes to health care.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 PM

436 posts, read 875,493 times
Quote:
You don't get it.....It's his choice to be irresponsible. He does not want health insurance. He's super healthy, eats a Greek Mediterranean diet, doesn't smoke or drink, exercises regularly, and he wants to pay cash if he does go to the doctor.
I am pondering about your risk in the future as a son/daughter of such an "irresponsible" dad.

Maybe he don't need any insurance in general.

Pretty innovative concept.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why don't you outraged righties file a class action suit against Insurance companies that can charge ANYTHING they want? Right now, if you want health insurance you have NO choice, you pay what they want and then HOPE you can get your bills paid.....nice choice!!!

Funny how if a health insurance company cancels your policy, "Oh well, you should have filled it out right" or "They're a private company" but then if they have to buy health insurance suddenly it's oh so horrible.

I still agree no one should HAVE to buy health insurance but I do think we need some kind of system that covers the majority (95%+) of our citizens. We can't have some citizens with health insurance and some without it.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You don't have to buy insurance; under this bill, you will have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies