Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,562 times

Advertisements

What has this world come to?

Laraque apologizes for alcohol ad slammed as sexist

Yet another example of rabid, lunatic Political Correctness slowly eating away at society. Like a parasitical blob slowly crawling, slowly seeping into everything and paralyzing free thought and independant thinking.

Georges Laraque is hockey player (mostly an enforcer) for the Montreal Canadians. He does this commercial for an energy drink (which along with caffiene, also contains alcohol).

Now, the National Hockey League has a bylaw which prohibits their NHL players from taking part in any advertising of alcohol-based products (geee....wonder if that pertains to cologne advertisements ). So I understand why the NHL got involved.

But then you have Alexa Conradi and the Federation des femmes du Quebec sticking their noses in there and blabbering nonsense, such as " "This is one more example of sexist advertising," said Alexa Conradi, of the Federation des femmes du Quebec.

"Why is it that when we're trying to market a campaign toward men aged 20 to 35, we always use this kind of ad? What does that say about our concept of masculinity?

"That's a very limited concept of masculinity, to always feature half-naked girls at angles where you don't see their whole body, but focus on their bums and breasts."

Ummmm.....Hello, Alexa? Have you ever met a man? Do you know any men?

Okay, let me see if I have this straight. You own a company that makes this energy drink. You created this product, use your finances to manufactor the product and choose advertisement concepts for your product.

But Alexa Conradi and her nosey littlef ascists .....the Federation des femmes du Quebec are going to dictate what kind of content can and should be used in the advertisement of YOUR product? Based on perceived "sexism"?

What is the point of this type of manipulation?

Does Alexa and her Federation des femmes du Quebec sisterhood believe they can condition men to be something other than what we are? You know, men.

Do women like Alexa believe that they're building a "better" man?

Or is this all about "exploiting women"?

How is it exploitation when the women willingly apply for these type of jobs, are well paid for it and work in a controlled, safe environment?

Oh wait, I see. It's exploits some kind of abtuse and obscure concept of an individual woman's body, which claims and dictates that one woman's body is representative of all women's bodies. Huh?

What a crock.

Or maybe Alexa believes she is saving these poor, victimized women ....from themselves? By eliminating this type of advertisement these women are free from standing in line (and in waiting rooms); as they await auditions for the next evil and dasterdly advertisement that exploits women's bodies.

Frees them up so they can go educate themselves and search for jobs that don't exist. I have news for you Alexa, there are a lot of everyday women, models and actresses who do these types of ads/advertisements; as a means to pay their way through college. Or to simply pay the bills.

Some are single women. Some have children they need to feed and clothe.

Yeah, good job Alexa. You just threw a bunch of women's incomes under the bus. All for your wonderful, little radical, manipulative Rabid-PC agenda.

Well done, Alexa.

Another thing.

Men are men. Generally speaking, we like to see "boobs and buns". We can be intellectual, sensitive and caring. But we still love boobs and buns. That ism the way we are wired.

Any man who claims otherwise is either lying through his teeth, or is a homosexual.

it's not exploitation. It's admiration and appreciation

Remember that next time Brad Pitt (or insert latest, greatest male sex symbol) takes off his shirt in a movie or in a TV commercial.

Oh, and who do you think buys all those magazines that have a gazillion scantly clad men advertising men's cologne? Yeah, it's women.

YouTube - GEORGES LARAQUE VS OCTANE GIRLS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 08:09 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Oh who cares? I can't believe you people are so emotionally void that you get so upset about PC things? Being PC is not eroding away society, good god. Why don't we just get back to the days when people freely insulted everyone else in public, tv, etc. & be damned if the victims get insulted, right?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:13 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh who cares? I can't believe you people are so emotionally void that you get so upset about PC things? Being PC is not eroding away society, good god. Why don't we just get back to the days when people freely insulted everyone else in public, tv, etc. & be damned if the victims get insulted, right?
Yeah who needs their rights. More control.

Who appointed liberals the ones that gets to control others? Worry about your life. I'll worry about mine.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:

Thank you for proving my point.

Emotionally void...hahahaha....What crock of nonsense.

Yeah, the Overly-PC are the only people who have emotions

Overly-PC agendas are one of main reasons for the mess this country has become. And other countries, too.

It is the agenda that always puts the so-called rights of criminals, thieves, murderers, pedophiles and rapists; before the victims of their crimes and attocities.

Yeah, go ahead.......talk to me about victims

Old 10-14-2009, 08:29 AM

Holy crap, people are insane. Ok, I am done w/this, I refuse to try to discuss things w/people who have no sense of logic.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Holy crap, people are insane. Ok, I am done w/this, I refuse to try to discuss things w/people who have no sense of logic.

Funny you talk of sense of logic, when you're the one using extreme black and white scenarios.

Apparently, according to you. It's either this extreme, manipulative, fascist thought control approach; or we go back to " the days when people freely insulted everyone else in public, tv, etc. & be damned if the victims get insulted, right? "

Especially when extreme, overly-PC agendas have clearly show a pattern of defending and making excuses for criminals, thieves, murderers, pedophiles and rapists. At the cost of severe disrespect for the victims of their crimes.

You want to talk about insulting victims? Nothing insults victims more than the overly-PC/overly-liberal making excuses, jutifications and pleas for sensitivity for the criminals that just destroyed their lives. Or the lives of loved ones (which destroys their lives, too).

Old 10-14-2009, 08:56 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,105 times
It's no different than religious groups decrying violence and sex on TV. Everyone is allowed an opinion. Not just Glenn Beck.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Funny you talk of sense of logic, when you're the one using extreme black and white scenarios.

Apparently, according to you. It's either this extreme, manipulative, fascist thought control approach; or we go back to " the days when people freely insulted everyone else in public, tv, etc. & be damned if the victims get insulted, right? "

Especially when extreme, overly-PC agendas have clearly show a pattern of defending and making excuses for criminals, thieves, murderers, pedophiles and rapists. At the cost of severe disrespect for the victims of their crimes.

You want to talk about insulting victims? Nothing insults victims more than the overly-PC/overly-liberal making excuses, jutifications and pleas for sensitivity for the criminals that just destroyed their lives. Or the lives of loved ones (which destroys their lives, too).
I'm not being black & white at all. Yes, there are some instances where people cry foul over very stupid things because they're overly sensitive. I'm not denying that. What I have a problem with is this increasing number of people who could give two hoots about insulting another person, they seem to view it as a game. "Let's see who can be the most offensive & then if the target of our game calls us out on it, we'll turn around & call them overly sensitive & we're sick of this PC drivel."

Old 10-14-2009, 09:18 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,768,692 times
Canada is one the most PC countries in the World.
They dont have the freedom of speech as a right but do have a..
Multi-cultural doctrine and any talk of limiting immigration is strictly taboo.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I'm not being black & white at all. Yes, there are some instances where people cry foul over very stupid things because they're overly sensitive. I'm not denying that. What I have a problem with is this increasing number of people who could give two hoots about insulting another person, they seem to view it as a game. "Let's see who can be the most offensive & then if the target of our game calls us out on it, we'll turn around & call them overly sensitive & we're sick of this PC drivel."
My thread starting post was as much about this ridiculous "sexism" concept, because of T & A commercials; as it was about the overall PC inititive and agenda.

What you're talking about is simple common courtesy, respect and manners.

People had and showed a lot more respect and manners, when the overly, extremist Liberal agenda was NOT heavily entrenched in our laws, policies and society. And that's a fact.

You will find a lot of people acting out and purposely being nasty, rude and defiant in the face of overly, extremist PC nonsense.

And there's a reason for that.

The overly, extremist-Liberal PC agenda is a fascist approach to thought control and eliminating independant thinking. The freedom to express oneself.

People are sick of it all. This PC agenda has infested our society and regardless of your inability to see it or acknowledge it. It has done severe damage to our society.

We would have been much better off teaching children good manners, how to be polite, respect and common courtesy. Rather than poisoning our society with over-protection and empathy for criminals, protection and cash rewards for stupid people who do stupid things and giving jobs to people based on ethnicity and gender; rather than qualifications for the job.

As well...... this absurd overly, extremist-Liberal PC agenda that poisoned our school systems and dictated that there can be no winners in sports and no competition. No one wins....no one loses

This alone is responsible for raising the softest, weakest, emotionally unstable and emotionally under-developed bunch of spineless jellyfish; this country has ever seen. Kids who have physically grown into adult bodies, but can't even handle even the slightest and most benign of adversities and challenges in life.

We are human beings. Not cute little bunnies.

Learning to deal with competition, personal attacks, adversity, conflict and confrontations; is an integral part of our maturing process. Why do you think kids and teenagers always verbally rip on each other? It is how we learn to deal with and handle emotional situations and attacks. It builds mental toughness, teaches how it feels to be on the other end of it and teaches us that if we're going to dish it out; we must learn to take it, too.

These days, we have a lot of grown adults who only know how to deal it out. Thety can't take anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies