Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 02:11 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
All they need is the same benefits. Married is a religious term that means the union of a man and woman. They need to pick a different term.
I'm not religious, does that mean I'm not "married"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 04:47 AM

261 posts, read 944,088 times
Default Just MY Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
I would think they would welcome it, as many men have a favorable view of two hot chicks making out, as opposed to a flannel wearing spikey haired lesbo, it is winning acceptance for them.
I would rather watch the spikey haired lesbo vs. the hottest barsexual drunk girl, at least in my mind the spikey lesbo is going to take that home and have something possibly more meaningful or substantial vs. the "hot" barsexual who is just adding to the STD pool.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:49 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
True- I am trying to come up with a reason that is wrong.

I guess I just do not see why lesbians would be bothered by it.

Could the reason be that "they know they aren't going to be able to get in on the action"?

Old 10-25-2009, 07:32 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
If 2 chicks want to play with each other for attention, why is that anybody else's business? Gays want people out of their lives, but find it perfectly okay to step in and preach their beliefs on topics and say how others should act sexually?

Old 10-25-2009, 08:51 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
True- I am trying to come up with a reason that is wrong.

I guess I just do not see why lesbians would be bothered by it.
Your typical lesbian is dog ugly. They obviously resent the hotness factor of the girls in question because if they themselves were more attractive they too might have other options. As it is they're limited to other dog ugly 'lesbians'.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:14 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I guess my take on the article was that if these drunk girls in bars are really exploring their sexuality and struggling to determine their true selves, the majority of lesbians and bisexual women would offer understanding and support, but if they are doing it because it is drunk, mindless fun, or used to pick up guys, it minimizes the struggles of the majority of gay people. It equates to wearing a "black" suit for fun. Some people may think it's funny or cute, but most will think it insensitive. For most in the LGBT community, coming out often results in immense sacrifice and loss. Rejection by family and friends, loss of employment, lack of equality, and ongoing prejudice from the community (and this board) are all too common. To be able to live and love openly is a wonderful journey most hate to see minimized by drunk teens and tweens who are not gay or bi, just drunk and being silly.

"It's like this. Every female in the world....every last one of 'em...is really bisexual. There ain't no lesbians, know why? If a chick really was a lesbian why do they keep using vibrators shaped like Johnsons? Why do they strap stuff on and pretend they're guys? Why do they wear our clothes and go out with other so-called lesbians? Why does one always have to be the "man" in the relationship? Man, all women are bisexual. Deep down, every woman. It's just that 90% of them are either afraid to admit it or ain't realized it yet."

-- little old man from Pasadena

Old 10-25-2009, 10:44 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
"It's like this. Every female in the world....every last one of 'em...is really bisexual. There ain't no lesbians, know why? If a chick really was a lesbian why do they keep using vibrators shaped like Johnsons? Why do they strap stuff on and pretend they're guys? Why do they wear our clothes and go out with other so-called lesbians? Why does one always have to be the "man" in the relationship? Man, all women are bisexual. Deep down, every woman. It's just that 90% of them are either afraid to admit it or ain't realized it yet."

-- little old man from Pasadena
Many valid questions here that I have often asked myself. The 'lesbian community' has always been known for a contemptuous attitude towards men. Men are inferior, etc etc etc. Yet, so many lesbians who disparage men this way try and emulate male appearance, demeanor, manner of dress, a 'macho' attitude, riding Harleys with their '*****' on the back, waffle stomper boots, wallets with chains, buzz haircuts. Whatever trips yer trigger I guess, but, why spout off about what 'losers' we men are, and then try to act and look like a man? Indeed, right down to faking our natural ....equipment. It IS confusing at times, this gender identification thing.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:59 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Many valid questions here that I have often asked myself. The 'lesbian community' has always been known for a contemptuous attitude towards men. Men are inferior, etc etc etc. Yet, so many lesbians who disparage men this way try and emulate male appearance, demeanor, manner of dress, a 'macho' attitude, riding Harleys with their '*****' on the back, waffle stomper boots, wallets with chains, buzz haircuts. Whatever trips yer trigger I guess, but, why spout off about what 'losers' we men are, and then try to act and look like a man? Indeed, right down to faking our natural ....equipment. It IS confusing at times, this gender identification thing.
I will say this. I had a "lesbian" friend for a while, who seemed to just enjoy posing naked for me, all the time. She spent more time in the buff with me than she did with her "girlfriends". Big time flirt, no hesitation with it either. Mighty funny.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:00 AM

507 posts, read 678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Your typical lesbian is dog ugly. They obviously resent the hotness factor of the girls in question because if they themselves were more attractive they too might have other options. As it is they're limited to other dog ugly 'lesbians'.
You obviously don't know many lesbians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The man hating thing is a stereotype. I honestly don't know any lesbians that hate men. There is also this new term flying around called a "lesbro." They basically represent the straight male friends they many lesbians have. So yeah, I think you might be a little off on that one. Lesbians, just like all other people, fill a spectrum. Just like you have straight girls who are tomboys and dress more masculine, you also have many many lesbians that dress very feminine. However, walking down the street you would never know that they are gay, so it's easy to believe that all lesbians are butch.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:09 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
As far as I'm concerned all PDA's are for the benifit of those around them and because they seek attention. I don't care what sexuallity is involed. It's all adolecent and immature and it's funny that anyone who does it would complain about anyone else doing it for any reason.
I don't care about anyones sexuality but some people spend FAR TOO MUCH TIME trying to analyze it, define it, and draw lines around it. Stupid people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies