Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
Just think about it. This country was created by the bravery and awesomeness of real men, not the whiny complaining little people that whine about health care, poverty, taxes and the like. The bankers in this country are the real heroes! They do what they want, just like the Constitution provides. When they were given federal bailout money, what did they do? Did they meekly listen to the government? You may argue that it was because the government did not tell them what to do with the money. But the real point to be learned is that the bankers boldly gave themselves bonuses, and went and stimulated the economy by buying yachts, mansions and sports cars. I ask you, would yachts, mansions and sports cars have been purchased if the money was wasted on the poor? The obvious answer is no, they would not be. Bankers are great Americans, and everyone else should follow their example.
Uh............... Oops! Sorry. Wrong finger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 04:06 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Default Bankers are the only real men left in this country

Everyone must hanker for the butchness of a banker
It's accountancy that makes the world go round, round, round
You can keep your Marxist ways
For it's only just a phase
For it's money money money makes the world go round.

Youtube - Monty Python - The Money Song

Old 10-15-2009, 04:40 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Bankers are the only real men left in this country

Yikes! I thought the real men were glen beck, shawn hannity, bill o'reilly, dick what's his name, liz cheney, ann coulter, (oh wait, those are supposed to be women) Hmmmm, maybe they have gonads?

Old 10-15-2009, 09:05 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Uh............... Oops! Sorry. Wrong finger.
That's o.k., you probably aren't a banker. A banker would know which finger to use while he is smiling at you and winking.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
How about if we do as the OP suggests, and follow the example of the independent minded, looking-out-for-number-one bankers of America?

My first move is to say, well guess what? I prefer to have my money in my hands, not in your bank! So I'm closing all my accounts. Now, let's see...my 300 million fellow Americans see the eminent sense in this strategy, and forthwith divest themselves of banks.

And who do we have to thank for this glorious new era of independence? The bankers! I propose that one street in every city throughout the new, banker-free US of A be renamed Banker Avenue, to commemorate this now-extinct breed of humanity.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:45 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Default Bankers are the only real men left in this country

Ahhhhh yes, the bankers are the "REAL MEN",
they know how to ruin a business making bad loans.

Bank of America suffers $2.2 billion loss - Oct. 16, 2009

Old 10-16-2009, 07:15 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
I wonder what makes me suspect that the OP wasn't entirely serious in the creation of this thread. Do you suppose it could be that he designates himself as a "Caribou Barbie Inspector?"

Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
Quote:
Just think about it. This country was created by the bravery and awesomeness of real men, not the whiny complaining little people that whine about health care, poverty, taxes and the like. The bankers in this country are the real heroes! They do what they want, just like the Constitution provides. When they were given federal bailout money, what did they do? Did they meekly listen to the government? You may argue that it was because the government did not tell them what to do with the money. But the real point to be learned is that the bankers boldly gave themselves bonuses, and went and stimulated the economy by buying yachts, mansions and sports cars. I ask you, would yachts, mansions and sports cars have been purchased if the money was wasted on the poor? The obvious answer is no, they would not be. Bankers are great Americans, and everyone else should follow their example.
I like the thought of revolting against them better.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:21 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I wonder what makes me suspect that the OP wasn't entirely serious in the creation of this thread. Do you suppose it could be that he designates himself as a "Caribou Barbie Inspector?"
Are you denigrating my job now? I am going to report you to President Elect Palin.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:47 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:

The real shame with our current situation in America is that corporate insterests just don't have enough influence. It's a tough business climate for the Fortune 500. We taxpayers owe them so much more than a couple of measly bailouts that hardly cover the cost of a few executive bonuses.

</sarcasm>

p.s. Abbey is cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies