Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Anita Dunn listed Mao as one of her top 2 favorite philosophers; should she be fired?
Yes;why the heck is a an outspoken advocate of a brutal communist dictator working in the WH? 44 65.67%
No; she should be allowed to admire Mao, Hiltler, Stalin, Dahmer, etc. Free speech, y'know? 23 34.33%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 06:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,183,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I didn't say that I did. But, from where he was as Commander in Chief, I'm sure he was viewing it more in a way to understand the insanity of Russia and China leaders!!

Unlike, Ms. Dunn who quoted as it being her FAVORITE PHILOSOPHER, President Bush, did not quote it that way!!
"And then the third lesson and tip actually come from two of my favorite political philosophers, Mao Zedong and Mother Teresa -- not often coupled with each together, but the two people that I turn to most to basically deliver a simple point, which is, you're going to make choices."

Obviously -- well, obviously to most folks -- neither one of them was a political philosopher. It's an attempt at making a joke and drawing attention to her point, because the two are such an incongruous pairing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 06:36 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,717,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"And then the third lesson and tip actually come from two of my favorite political philosophers, Mao Zedong and Mother Teresa -- not often coupled with each together, but the two people that I turn to most to basically deliver a simple point, which is, you're going to make choices."

Obviously -- well, obviously to most folks -- neither one of them was a political philosopher. It's an attempt at making a joke and drawing attention to her point, because the two are such an incongruous pairing.
Yeah, because psychopathic dictators are sooooooooooooooo hysterical. Did you know that Mao and Hitler use to tour the Baltics as a vaudeville act before they decided to get into politics?

You are the epitome of an ideological lemming. Pathetic.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:57 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,242,361 times
Anyone who can overlook her stupid statement deserves the representation they currently have.
The rest of us can be embarrassed FOR her...if only out of respect for all the people who have died for this country.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Yeah, because psychopathic dictators are sooooooooooooooo hysterical. Did you know that Mao and Hitler use to tour the Baltics as a vaudeville act before they decided to get into politics?

You are the epitome of an ideological lemming. Pathetic.
Aww. Beck lied and you bought it hook, line and sinker. Plus you put up a poll showing how shallow and self-serving is many posters' commitment to the US Constitution. The typical RW approach, a personal attack, doesnt change that. I explained what Dunn was getting at by the deliberately incongruous pairing; if you dont understand it that's not my fault.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Aww. Beck lied and you bought it hook, line and sinker. Plus you put up a poll showing how shallow and self-serving is many posters' commitment to the US Constitution. The typical RW approach, a personal attack, doesnt change that. I explained what Dunn was getting at by the deliberately incongruous pairing; if you dont understand it that's not my fault.
What did Beck lie about? I never quoted Beck once; don't need to, the video is there for anyone to see. You are either unwilling or incapable of critical analysis if it involves a radical leftist; hence your lack of credibility. Lemming.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
What did Beck lie about? I never quoted Beck once; don't need to, the video is there for anyone to see. You are either unwilling or incapable of critical analysis if it involves a radical leftist; hence your lack of credibility. Lemming.
Critical analysis of a misread? Lol. Glenn Beck: sorry, I thought Sanrene´s video was yours. You continue the namecalling: you seem EXTREMELY upset.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:59 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,335,661 times
Maoan philosophy.

YouTube - Bird is the Word

Bubabubabubabubabuba
bubabuba ooo mao mao mao
buba ooo mao mao mao
bubabuba ooo mao mao mao
buba ooo mao mao mao
bubabuba ooo mao mao mao
buba ooo mao mao mao
bubabuba ooo mao mao mao
buba ooo mao mao mao

Old 10-17-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Critical analysis of a misread? Lol. Glenn Beck: sorry, I thought Sanrene´s video was yours. You continue the namecalling: you seem EXTREMELY upset.
Not upset at all, you radical leftists are showing your true colors. Again, what did Beck lie about? Specifically?

Old 10-17-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Not upset at all, you radical leftists are showing your true colors. Again, what did Beck lie about? Specifically?
Well, you could read your thread.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:22 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,421,865 times
This woman spoke publicly about embracing Mao Tse Tung's philosophy in spite of the fact that the man was a mass murderer. If Obama does not fire her, he is an even bigger fool than I pegged him to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies