Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:08 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times

Advertisements

But now the government is busy banning smoking everywhere. Even if it was legalized you would still have to hide to toke up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 09:11 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
We can make a lot of money if we legalize cannabis, so why wouldn't Republicans want in? Tax it! I'd be fine with paying an extra $2 for an eighth.
Uh...I'd be fine w/just being able to find it. It's fricking impossible. Who are these people that can buy pot freely?

Old 10-19-2009, 09:13 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
I was listening to conservative (republican) radio, which i used to listen to all the time when i was a member of the party, but over the last 11 months it has become complete garbage.

However, one of the many talking heads was discussing the legalization of "Pot" and other illicit drugs. The first thing out of this authoritarians mouth was, "I'm all for more freedoms and individual rights, but I'm completely against the legalization of any drugs."

I thought for a second, it would seem to me he is not for individual freedom at all. In fact it would seem that he's highly in favor of limiting individual freedom and pushing the power of government into the lives of citizens.

This strategy of being authoritarian and constantly having the government dictate what citizens should and should not do is a staple of the Republican Party. (The dems are guilty of it too, but they currently have the younger vote)

If any Republican pundits are reading this forum. I will say this once and only once. If you blatantly attempt to use this issue as a rallying cry for the conservative base, you will lose any (dare i say all) younger conservatives.

If you haven't notice we (i assume) are completely sick of you people using the government to impose your way of life upon other citizens.

Dorock Rule #99

If said pot head is not attempting to violate, trample, coerce, or reduce your individual right, you have no right in hell to reduce theirs.

I'm so sick of them legislating a reduction in 95% of our freedom, because 1% of the pot-heads don't work or get addicted to the drug.

It seems completely ridiculous and I'm an independent, but any Republican or Democrat that comes out with some authoritarian view on what any citizen should do with their body that is not harming others is not getting my vote in 2010. (Goes for abortion too)

PS - I'm not a pot head just want the record to show. I'm also not a pregnant 15 year old girl. I'm just against having my individual rights limited under the guise of "safety" that hasn't been empirically proven. 100% of the pot heads i know all work (everyday), are non-violent, are not lazy (for the most part), and should not be consider criminals or looked upon as criminals, simply because you disagree with their lifestyle.

GOT IT! GOOD!

*Note the Header should read Republican who Protest The End of the War on Drugs

Pot advocates: Looser guidelines leave questions - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091020/ap_on_re_us/us_medical_marijuana - broken link)

Way to extend Freedom Obama (Ron Paul would be proud of you) now get our troops out of Iraq and get rid of the Patriot Act! (No more police state! MORE FREEDOM!)
Uhhmmm...dorock, i dont know perhaps you have been enjoying just little too much of the green stuff before posting. I dont think legalizing pot is even on the radar in the next 2 elections. Your premise that the republicans better legalize pot or go down in flames (or is that up in smoke), because they will lose the stoner vote, is just.............are you stoned or what?

Old 10-19-2009, 09:29 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,292,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Uhhmmm...dorock, i dont know perhaps you have been enjoying just little too much of the green stuff before posting. I dont think legalizing pot is even on the radar in the next 2 elections. Your premise that the republicans better legalize pot or go down in flames (or is that up in smoke), because they will lose the stoner vote, is just.............are you stoned or what?

Silas777 i guess you completely missed the part in my post where i explicitly stated i'm not a pot smoker, but a freedom fighter.

Let me say this and please read along (out loud) preferably.

I Dorock99 do not smoke put, but believe in the extension of individual rights and the promotion of freedom. Thus, I'm for all individuals having the most individual freedom. I do not like individuals who impose their views upon other individuals, especially when it is done through the creation of unfair/unjust laws. More specifically individuals that impose limits on other individuals freedom when the individuals in question are not interfering, violating, or impeding on the authoritarians own right to freedom.

This goes for anything

Abortion and Same Sex Marriage to name a few highly controversial issues, that limit individual freedom.

What about individual freedom did you not comprehend in anything i said?

Or were you so obsessed with attempting to discredit me by name calling and making a rather weak argument in favor of pushing your own personal views upon others with the help of the state?

"any Republican or Democrat that comes out with some authoritarian view on what any citizen should do with their body that is not harming others is not getting my vote in 2010" -dorock99

Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
My mistake, I guess I just took the title of your thread..."Republicans who protest the War on drugs will lose in 2010" literally!

Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
I was listening to conservative (republican) radio, which i used to listen to all the time when i was a member of the party, but over the last 11 months it has become complete garbage.

However, one of the many talking heads was discussing the legalization of "Pot" and other illicit drugs. The first thing out of this authoritarians mouth was, "I'm all for more freedoms and individual rights, but I'm completely against the legalization of any drugs."

I thought for a second, it would seem to me he is not for individual freedom at all. In fact it would seem that he's highly in favor of limiting individual freedom and pushing the power of government into the lives of citizens.

This strategy of being authoritarian and constantly having the government dictate what citizens should and should not do is a staple of the Republican Party. (The dems are guilty of it too, but they currently have the younger vote)

If any Republican pundits are reading this forum. I will say this once and only once. If you blatantly attempt to use this issue as a rallying cry for the conservative base, you will lose any (dare i say all) younger conservatives.

If you haven't notice we (i assume) are completely sick of you people using the government to impose your way of life upon other citizens.

Dorock Rule #99

If said pot head is not attempting to violate, trample, coerce, or reduce your individual right, you have no right in hell to reduce theirs.

I'm so sick of them legislating a reduction in 95% of our freedom, because 1% of the pot-heads don't work or get addicted to the drug.

It seems completely ridiculous and I'm an independent, but any Republican or Democrat that comes out with some authoritarian view on what any citizen should do with their body that is not harming others is not getting my vote in 2010. (Goes for abortion too)

PS - I'm not a pot head just want the record to show. I'm also not a pregnant 15 year old girl. I'm just against having my individual rights limited under the guise of "safety" that hasn't been empirically proven. 100% of the pot heads i know all work (everyday), are non-violent, are not lazy (for the most part), and should not be consider criminals or looked upon as criminals, simply because you disagree with their lifestyle.

GOT IT! GOOD!

*Note the Header should read Republican who Protest The End of the War on Drugs

Pot advocates: Looser guidelines leave questions - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091020/ap_on_re_us/us_medical_marijuana - broken link)

Way to extend Freedom Obama (Ron Paul would be proud of you) now get our troops out of Iraq and get rid of the Patriot Act! (No more police state! MORE FREEDOM!)

AMEN!!!!! When I saw that the Admin agreed not to enforce medical marijuana use in the legalized states, I looked at is a good step forward even though I'm not a pot smoker. Then of course, the Repug law enforcement had to come on the news to say that they plan on defying it. Why are they always trying to destroy individual freedom?

Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,292,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
My mistake, I guess I just took the title of your thread..."Republicans who protest the War on drugs will lose in 2010" literally!

fair enough no harm no foul

Old 10-19-2009, 10:15 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,743,613 times
So you are a young Libertarian? If so perhaps there is a future for this nation.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:47 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,997,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Uh...I'd be fine w/just being able to find it. It's fricking impossible. Who are these people that can buy pot freely?
There are hundreds of dispensaries in LA County alone. I'm one of those people that can buy freely. It's a great time to be in the Wild West.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:26 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,483,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
AMEN!!!!! When I saw that the Admin agreed not to enforce medical marijuana use in the legalized states, I looked at is a good step forward even though I'm not a pot smoker. Then of course, the Repug law enforcement had to come on the news to say that they plan on defying it. Why are they always trying to destroy individual freedom?
Republicans hate individual freedom, that's axiomatic. Probably because if you burn off your excess energy smoking pot, you'll have less to expend in the evil wars they dream up.

I hate Republicans. They are simply evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies