Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:53 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oh come on, you really think if this was some cute blond college girl accusing 6 black folk of raping her, torturing her, and holding her against her will, the legal, media, and public perception would have been the same?
It has already happened. Google Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom and then ask yourself "why haven't I heard about this on the news or anywhere?"

There is something very weird going on in our country where heinous black-on-white crime is not discussed openly, but mere allegations of heinous white-on-black is widely reported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I imagine this is going to be an extremely complicated case to figure out. The woman is mentally retarded. She was previously taken care of by her mother, and since her mother's death now has a caregiver. She is now stating that some of her injuries were self-inflicted, and some were inflicted by her boyfriend.
Yes, this does sound like a very weird case and probably not similar to the Tawana Brawley hoax, which was perpetrated by a cogent young woman and motivated by pure hatred of whites and encouraged by Fat Al.

In this case, it sounds like the woman just doesn't know which end is up and therefore isn't necessarily intentionally lying or deceiving. For all we know, the accused are also mentally retarded, low IQ, messed up on drugs, and THEY may not even know what they did or didn't do. In other words, every party involved could be guilty or innocent of specific accusations and it will take a lot of investigating to sort it out.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:05 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Really? There was a headline that said "evil whites"? I must be following the wrong news channels.

I wonder if she will eventually speak to the media.
The point really, in each case, race should have been a non-issue. A crime was (or was not) committed, the race of the perpetrators and victim shouldn't be an issue. Yet the media chose to focus on that portion of the crime.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:15 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
The bigotry was a nice touch too, don't you think?
I always know when I've hit on the truth, the first thing paranoids do is scream racism. Unfortunately, because of its rampant overuse by knee-jerk reactionaries, they've rendered the word utterly meaningless.

Not surprising you still haven't discussed any of the valid points made, either in my post or others' posts, preferring instead to hide and wear your blinders ("I have no idea what you're talking about"). Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Typical.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:17 AM

What I would like to know is why the accused all pled guilty. ? Does anyone have any insight into that?

Also, one of the news articles made her sound rather lucid and logical. Perhaps her mother's death stimulated her conscience. ?

Again, strange case. Who knows the truth?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Well, I do remember this crime being on the national news. The alleged perpetrator's faces blared across the TV.

Why did they plead guilty? Maybe they knew that they had no chance. Poor white trash vs. a young girl, the biased justice system and hate crimes legislation? I probably wouldn't take my chances either.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:23 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I always know when I've hit on the truth, the first thing paranoids do is scream racism. Unfortunately, because of its rampant overuse by knee-jerk reactionaries, they've rendered the word utterly meaningless.

Not surprising you still haven't discussed any of the valid points made, either in my post or others' posts, preferring instead to hide and wear your blinders ("I have no idea what you're talking about"). Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Typical.

Actually I have. Black's do share a dip in the racism pool, the difference is its not done out in the open which is why the media has not reported on it. Several posters have stated statitics on the amount of black men that have raped white women, but not one person have provided statitics on if those same black men have targeted any other races. Your OPINION is valid, you just haven't made a point.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:24 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
What I would like to know is why the accused all pled guilty. ? Does anyone have any insight into that?

Also, one of the news articles made her sound rather lucid and logical. Perhaps her mother's death stimulated her conscience. ?

Again, strange case. Who knows the truth?

She was never lucid ...it was always pointed out that she was slow.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:24 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Woman recants story of West Virginia abuse - CNN.com

I remember hearing this story back in 2007. Rev. Al was all over this one.
And your point is............?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
No matter how many Duke lacrosse/Columbia noose hoax/Professor Gates/Knoxville massacre black-on-white crime stories that go on, the biased liberal media will never, ever admit that black racism exists and that it's a huge problem in the black community. It hurts race relations and Americans as a whole. Black racism is just as much a problem as white racism, which Jimmy Carter claims lurks in every white American's heart (despite the fact that a majority of whites voted for Obama and many whites were born after the civil rights era). From my own experience, I have found that black racism is far more prevalent and out in the open and even accepted.
And I said racism exists in all forms, but to state that black racism is far more prevalent is a highly contentious statement. And I asked for examples, which you have not yet given.

Quote:

Typical.
See above.

Quote:
They must not teach english in your neck of the woods.
By the way, in my neck of the woods such a statement would be called called closed-minded, AKA bigotry.

Quote:
I always know when I've hit on the truth, the first thing paranoids do is scream racism.
Despite my extensive education in the Queen's English, I have no idea what you mean by this.

I am more than happy to discuss this topic with you, but all you have done is throw out insults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies