Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 05:57 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times

Advertisements

Man accused of raping girl met on MySpace | police, girl, casteneda - News - The Orange County Register This is the exact reason parents should monitor their children's internet usage and take a more active role in their lives.This dirtbag gangbanger should be given the capital punishment considering his prior arrest record.What is society comming to when we keep letting predators like this out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 06:00 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
OMFG. This is so freaking nasty. What has the world come too? How the HELL can you rape a 12 year old?!

Old 02-20-2010, 06:06 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
He was a member of Mara Salvatrucha-13 by the looks of his tattoo.

He's probably done far worse than simply what's mentioned on his rap sheet.

Since this country would rather punish those that use recreational drug more harshly than those who injure, rape, and destroy the lives of innocent people, my guess is he'll be back out on the street relatively quickly with his name on a website. Big whoop. Let's just send him to the chamber and reduce our overpopulation and the cost/burden on our law enforcement.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:17 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
He was a member of Mara Salvatrucha-13 by the looks of his tattoo.

He's probably done far worse than simply what's mentioned on his rap sheet.

Since this country would rather punish those that use recreational drug more harshly than those who injure, rape, and destroy the lives of innocent people, my guess is he'll be back out on the street relatively quickly with his name on a website. Big whoop. Let's just send him to the chamber and reduce our overpopulation and the cost/burden on our law enforcement.
public hangings would be nice !!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 06:24 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Default A most heinous crime indeed

And this man should be subjected to the most severe punishment available, and it doesn't have to be legal as far as I'm concerned. Freaks like this should be locked away.

Now that I've gotten the obvious out of the way, I must pose another question. Will there be any punishment for the parents? What! Yes, I said it, will there be any action taken against the parents? Because I feel this is partly their
fault. A 12 year old child should not have a MySpace page. They are quite simply not equipped to deal with the things that may be thrown their way, and still niave enough to fall for some freak child molester's games. There is no reason for a child to be left unsupervised on a computer at that age, and sites like Myspace and Facebooks should be off limits. As a parent, it is your responsibility to protect your child. And believe me, technology has not helped us with this job. It has in fact made it harder. But somewhere along the lines I feel the parents should atleast be made to take a child safety course featuring online safety. And they should be encouraged to supervise their children on the computer at all times until they are old enough to trully handle themselves on the net.

Thank you all for reading and I hope this little girl will get over this ordeal.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:32 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Man accused of raping girl met on MySpace | police, girl, casteneda - News - The Orange County Register This is the exact reason parents should monitor their children's internet usage and take a more active role in their lives.This dirtbag gangbanger should be given the capital punishment considering his prior arrest record.What is society comming to when we keep letting predators like this out.
That's awful. I'm glad they caught the perpetrator. The common sense rules about not talking with or going off with strangers seem to have been tossed to the wayside with online dating and social websites. Parents really need to monitor their child's internet activity even if they need to restrict the child from using the internet in their bedrooms.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:50 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
And this man should be subjected to the most severe punishment available, and it doesn't have to be legal as far as I'm concerned. Freaks like this should be locked away.

Now that I've gotten the obvious out of the way, I must pose another question. Will there be any punishment for the parents? What! Yes, I said it, will there be any action taken against the parents? Because I feel this is partly their
fault. A 12 year old child should not have a MySpace page. They are quite simply not equipped to deal with the things that may be thrown their way, and still niave enough to fall for some freak child molester's games. There is no reason for a child to be left unsupervised on a computer at that age, and sites like Myspace and Facebooks should be off limits. As a parent, it is your responsibility to protect your child. And believe me, technology has not helped us with this job. It has in fact made it harder. But somewhere along the lines I feel the parents should atleast be made to take a child safety course featuring online safety. And they should be encouraged to supervise their children on the computer at all times until they are old enough to trully handle themselves on the net.

Thank you all for reading and I hope this little girl will get over this ordeal.
Ever heard of a public library?

Old 02-20-2010, 11:21 PM

306 posts, read 355,053 times
Oh My God!

I am absolutely shocked!

Shocked! I tell you!

People still go to My Space?

SRSLY?

Old 02-20-2010, 11:42 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Bad parenting can apply to the Ward and June Cleavers of this world. The parents who are seemingly good parents but are too squeamish to discuss topics like sex, rape, and drugs with their children. You have to be blunt with your kids and not be concerned that they are not ready or mature to discuss certain subjects because I guarantee your kids are doing things or know things that you think they wouldn't know. You have to be blunt and tell your daughters there are predators in these chat rooms and you could be raped. Yes, you have to direct and clear. If you baby your kids, you are doing them a disservice.

Monitoring your kids can only go so far. You can't be there all the time. The best defense is to empower your kids by educating them and making certain they understand what could happen in these situations.

I remember when I was a teenager, I was in Paris, France on a family vacation. My cousin and I thought about sneaking off when our parents planned on going to a show in the evening. My uncle was smart and knew what was up. Our hotel was near the red light district and we thought it would be fun to sneak off into some strip clubs. We were 18. My uncle was clever and realized we would likely sneak off so he looked us both in the eye and told us "You guys don't know how it works here. You can go into one of these places, some women sit at your table and before you know it, a $300 bottle of champagne shows up at your table even though you didn't order it and you are required to pay for it otherwise you will get beaten up or worse. And because you are young Americans, they know you are vulnerable." My cousin and I didn't go near a strip club that night. To this day, I'm grateful my uncle was blunt with us.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 02-20-2010 at 11:52 PM..

Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 AM

125 posts, read 212,921 times
I say take the "Weapon" that he used to rape her and hang him by it until it fell off, them turn over what is left to the parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies