Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 02:08 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Olbermann says over and over "You're nuts" and some people take it for granted that he is right. Even when he is making fun of Beck and trying to sound like him but being only Olbermann trying. I took nearly 5 minutes watching what was making me sick and you can't take five minutes of Beck to tell me the lies he told yesterday. Stop looking for Olbermann to tell you which lies he told since Olbermann is using only your attack the messenger method without knowing what the messenger is saying.

Did you notice the attack the messenger type that came in directly behind you? He has refused to watch Beck, at all, for over 6 months when I tried to get him to do so. Just attacked the messenger and went off looking for things to do more of it as you did here.

was there another thread started where a poster denounced Becks show yesterday as a lie? Maybe i missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 02:10 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
3 pages 22 posts and not one person can point out a lie from his show

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
What's your point. That he didn't lie one day? Are we supposed to be impressed?
My point is that he said so many things that surely some of them must be lies and not one lefty has taken the time to click the mouse to learn what lies he told. I am afraid that I don't ever see him lying a lot and neither did the White HOuse back in the Van Jones days. How about all the lies he told about ACORN and the fake take back the money the Congress did back then?

Aw hell, what am I doing trying to tell a non-watcher that he doesn't lie other than in the minds of the administration and their blind followers.

Can't you see anything here that may be causing them to try to silence him? No? Open your eyes and take a chance and watch him sometime.

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
<snip>I took nearly 5 minutes watching what was making me sick

http://www.politicalcartoons.com/car...2df6bdb7d.html

Old 10-22-2009, 02:13 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
3 pages 22 posts and not one person can point out a lie from his show

22 post and i'm waiting to see who actually accused Becks show from yesterday of lying...Maybe you could point to it.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
If you don't get sick watching Olbermann trying to find Beck's lies then there is very little sense in talking with you. I won't leave you out, though, because there is always the chance you will wake up or take a chance and see a few minutes of him.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:17 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
If ANYONE were to lie as much as many of you seem to believe Glenn Beck does......then why in the hell is he....and especially Fox News.....NOT being sued into oblivion for slander, libel and the millions of other things you Libs. believe they are guilty of?
Huh?
Answer truthfully and without another stupid attempt of a put down as juvenile as life was on the playground during recess!
Is this something you think is possible or not?
Seriously?
I believe because to win a slander or libel suit you have to prove that the individual being sued knew that the information was incorrect.

Defamation, Libel and Slander Law
Under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, as set forth by the U.S. Supreme Court in the 1964 Case, New York Times v Sullivan, where a public figure attempts to bring an action for defamation, the public figure must prove an additional element: That the statement was made with "actual malice". In translation, that means that the person making the statement knew the statement to be false, or issued the statement with reckless disregard as to its truth. For example, Ariel Sharon sued Time Magazine over allegations of his conduct relating to the massacres at the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps. Although the jury concluded that the Time story included false allegations, they found that Time had not acted with "actual malice" and did not award any damages.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:19 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Roysoldboy, if you love Beck that much just ask him to marry you. I think he is mormon though so that might not go over that well.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
If you don't get sick watching Olbermann trying to find Beck's lies then there is very little sense in talking with you. I won't leave you out, though, because there is always the chance you will wake up or take a chance and see a few minutes of him.
'oldboy you have to be the most faithful Beck cultist EVAH!

Old 10-22-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Vs people like you who are paid to attack conservatives on message boards?
LOL thanks for the laugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies