Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:14 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,827 times

Advertisements

Poll: Americans' belief in global warming cools *| ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/poll-americans-belief-in-169483.html - broken link)

people are waking up to the hoax of man made global warming...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 12:33 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
From your source:

"The poll was released a day after 18 scientific organizations wrote Congress to reaffirm the consensus behind global warming. A federal government report Thursday found that global warming is upsetting the Arctic's thermostat.

But while the evidence appears clear, only about a third, or 36 percent of the poll respondents feel that human activities — such as pollution from power plants, factories and automobiles — are behind a temperature increase. That's the first decline since 2006."

The article clearly states that BELIEF in human impact on global warming/climate change is down despite scientific evidence to the contrary. It does not in any way say anything about the phenomenon being a hoax. Just wanted to make sure we're being clear.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:39 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
From your source:

"The poll was released a day after 18 scientific organizations wrote Congress to reaffirm the consensus behind global warming. A federal government report Thursday found that global warming is upsetting the Arctic's thermostat.

But while the evidence appears clear, only about a third, or 36 percent of the poll respondents feel that human activities — such as pollution from power plants, factories and automobiles — are behind a temperature increase. That's the first decline since 2006."

The article clearly states that BELIEF in human impact on global warming/climate change is down despite scientific evidence to the contrary. It does not in any way say anything about the phenomenon being a hoax. Just wanted to make sure we're being clear.
I just wanted to highlight this for ya Tony&Claire89:

From your source:

Is that clear enough? Or would you rather read your own links before posting them from now on?

Old 10-22-2009, 12:42 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
This is making MANY people rich if it were not for the money being made you would not hear diddly about GW. I have read both sides and I am not sure what the deal is but I do know this whole buying carbon credits and business being able to buy and trade how much crap they can put in the air seems more like a scam.

Basically if I have enough money I can do whatever and pump whatever I want into the air. What a joke just like this whole GW stuff.

From the article:
Quote:
Under cap-and-trade, a price is put on each ton of pollution, and businesses can buy and sell permits to meet emissions limits.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:43 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Poll: Americans' belief in global warming cools *| ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/poll-americans-belief-in-169483.html - broken link)

people are waking up to the hoax of man made global warming...
I'm a liberal and I never bought into this "man made" global warming crap, I thought of Al Gore as a fraud when he started pushing this nonsense.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:43 PM

737 posts, read 1,177,128 times
Someone can also believe that eating Burger Kings Quad Stacker 3 times a day is good for their heart...

Good luck with that

Old 10-22-2009, 12:45 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
When an agenda's popularity heats up, it's a good thing because you can spin it positively. When an agenda's popularity dies down, just allude to flies eating **** or people eating McD's. Spin it like a top.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:46 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
What the global climate does is completely independant of what people believe or don't. It is dependant on atmospheric physics and chemistry. The latter is influenced by human activities.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:49 PM

737 posts, read 1,177,128 times
In so many cases there is a clear difference between "belief" and "fact"

You can believe that Obama is a secret Kenyan but that doesn't make it true
You can believe that 9/11 was an inside job but that doesn't make it true
You can believe that climate change science is a scam but that doesn't make it true

Old 10-22-2009, 12:50 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
This is a great site that debunks global warming sceptics.

Their latest B.S is that Global temps have leveled off over the last ten years.

They are correct in that sense.

Now look what that proves...........

NYT’s Revkin pushes global cooling myth (again!) and repeats outright misinformation. « Climate Progress

You know someone wise and smart would know that unless they are able to go though vast amounts of scientific data and expose themsleves to all the arguments and counter arguments you cannot have first hand knowledge who is right?

I don't have that knowledge or background. .........so I'll go with the 99% of scientists who make it a career to study just this very thing.

You can go with Hannity and Rush Limbaugh.....LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies