Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2009, 07:38 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I understand they don't find Fox News favorable since it provides a conservative angle to news however I fail to see the strategy in trying to limit Fox access and openly criticize them. It seems that action would boost Fox's ratings and reflect poorly on the White House as being petty and not honoring the concept of a free press. Those who have read my posts and know my reputation understand that I'm fairly centrist who has criticized Fox News and Glenn Beck in the past so I'm not being biased. I just don't understand what the White House seems to gain by doing this?
It boils down to the fact that Fox is extremely Bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 08:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/us...er=rss&emc=rss

Quote:
In a sign of discomfort with the White House stance, Fox’s television news competitors refused to go along with a Treasury Department effort on Tuesday to exclude Fox from a round of interviews with the executive-pay czar Kenneth Feinberg that was to be conducted with a “pool” camera crew shared by all the networks. That followed a pointed question at a White House briefing this week by Jake Tapper, an ABC News correspondent, about the administration’s treatment of “one of our sister organizations.”

Later that week, White House officials said, they noticed a column by Clark Hoyt, the public editor of The New York Times, in which one of the paper’s managing editors, Jill Abramson, described her newsroom’s “insufficient tuned-in-ness to the issues that are dominating Fox News and talk radio.” The Washington Post’s executive editor, Marcus Brauchli, had already expressed similar concerns about his newsroom.
Whoever in the WH advocated this strategy, should be fired.

They are losing...big time.

So really....they seem to be upset that Fox pounded the Van Jones story and the ACORN story, real stories, btw, while the other outfits ignored them.

So this is what they are after......the other "news" outfits to not pay attention to radicals, corruption, lies and scandals surrounding obama.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:04 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Fox has a Court Decision, that they sought, they are NOT NEWS

Old 10-22-2009, 08:06 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
It boils down to the fact that Fox is extremely Bias.
They are?

Wow, so then MSNBC, ABC and CNN are NOT?

Which way do you want it?

Obama is after Fox, mainly Beck and Hannity for exposing his czars and not listening to his marching orders on what the public gets to know.

He cannot stand it that Fox wont walk in line like his little robots do.

Fox will kick his sorry butt on this one, wait and see.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:09 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
I suppose Obama and I are the only two people not losing sleep over this issue. Obama doesn't care what I watch and I don't care what he watches. He would do better to watch his polls and I would do better to spend less time on C-D.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Obama is after Fox, mainly Beck and Hannity for exposing his czars and not listening to his marching orders on what the public gets to know.
It really is amazing. They can't tell the difference between the "news" - 10-4, and commentary/opinion, 5-10.

But they have nothing but glowing praise for Shultz, doberman and maddow, who are left of left and obama butt-kissers.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
I found this..Helen Thomas, from what I read, is about as liberal as you can get and she even has harsh words for the Obama administration "trying to lead them around by the nose".

She said this back in July and even spoke out against the staged Town Halls held by Obama.
So while it's becoming obvious now with the "war on Fox", this has been brewing among journalists for some time.

Bozell: When Even Helen Thomas Denounces Obama Media Manipulation, You Know It's Out of Control | NewsBusters.org

snippet:
"At yesterday’s White House briefing, CBS’s Chip Reid and Hearst Newspapers columnist Helen Thomas confronted Press Secretary Robert Gibbs over how "very tightly controlled" the media are by the Obama Administration. After the briefing, CNSNews.com reports that many members of the press corps went out of their way to thank Thomas for making her stand."

Old 10-22-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Fox has a Court Decision, that they sought, they are NOT NEWS
Here, let's fix that line for you:

Fox has a court decision that they sought; they are NOT NEWS.

Now just cut and paste.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:17 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It really is amazing. They can't tell the difference between the "news" - 10-4, and commentary/opinion, 5-10.

But they have nothing but glowing praise for Shultz, doberman and maddow, who are left of left and obama butt-kissers.
It doesn't matter if they are NOT LEGALLY NEWS. You can try to ignore that all you want. They have voluntarily given up their seat at the table

Old 10-22-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It doesn't matter if they are NOT LEGALLY NEWS. You can try to ignore that all you want. They have voluntarily given up their seat at the table
You have a link for that ? They are not part of the Press Corps anymore ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies