Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 05:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If liberals want to talk about blood...why don't they talk about all the blood and lives (already 4 this yr) of innocent black people just going to school in Chicago and Obama send a couple of people to talk about it in the most fancy hotel in Chicago instead of going into that neighborhood and talk to these people them self....

Obama can't make up his mind and put our troops in more danger every day he is waiting...what about that? Just leave them out there and go raise money for Chris Dodd...wow!
You're off topic in your own thread...check the title, it's not about Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 06:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
Perhaps he is trying to make the right decision and that is taking some time. Or do you think he should make some half a$$ed decision just to make you repubs happy? Personally I would rather the decision be made with as many facts as possible then just toss more bodies on a war without thinking through the consequences. Unlike Bush, he is actually using facts and data presented to him rather than a gut feeling.
He adopted the policy in March. He implemented it with his new general. What has changed in the situation? The Taliban are gaining influence and strength, thanks to obama, AQ is still there and ready to come back in when the US leaves.

I'll tell you what changed - his political will and courage.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:44 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He adopted the policy in March. He implemented it with his new general. What has changed in the situation? The Taliban are gaining influence and strength, thanks to obama, AQ is still there and ready to come back in when the US leaves.

Ahhh, your hope for the "destruction of America" springs eternal it seems from the above post.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:46 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Not sure what changed but perhaps something did and now he is taking it more slowly. I would rather he just took all troops out of both Iraq and Afghanistan but if he is not going to, I want him to take his time and formulate a good plan with the help of his military advisors.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:49 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This clown has taken the Democrat party to an all time low. The only outlet out there that will give him a forum is MSNBC. More embarrassing is the fact that Matthews lets it slide right by. Remind me again which isn’t really a news organization.

Grayson on Cheney: Watching blood drip from his teeth | Radio Vice Online

To me both should resign or get fired, impeached...whatever you want to do with them as long as they are no longer working for a network and the other looney working for the people with such a behavior!
Wasnt Matthews a conservative not too long ago? What happened to him?

Old 10-24-2009, 07:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
Not sure what changed but perhaps something did and now he is taking it more slowly. I would rather he just took all troops out of both Iraq and Afghanistan but if he is not going to, I want him to take his time and formulate a good plan with the help of his military advisors.
I read that additional troops wouldn't arrive until March either way. In General Eaton's own words...

"the only time Cheney and his cabal of foreign policy 'experts' have anything to say is when they feel compelled to protect this failed legacy. While President Obama is tasked with cleaning up the considerable mess they left behind, they continue to defend torture or rewrite a legacy of indifference on Afghanistan. Simply put, Mr. Cheney sees history throughout extremely myopic and partisan eyes."

Eaton said he appreciates the "profound deliberations" that Obama and military commanders are having about Afhgan war strategy, and would "dismiss men like Cheney who inject partisan politics"

Retired General calls Cheney ‘incompetent war fighter’ | Raw Story (http://rawstory.com/2009/10/general-calls-cheney-incompetent-war-fighter/ - broken link)

Old 10-24-2009, 07:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
I think we should listen to obama's very own generals on the subject, McCrystal and Patreus, who happen to agree with Cheney - support the generals you put in place to implement YOUR policy.

Eaton is a hack, trying to cover obama's A**, as he figures out a way to make people forget all he said about Afghanistan, a month ago, 4 months ago, in March and all through the campaign. His "war of necessity", his "war we needed to win".

Wars don't end man-child, you either win or lose them.

There is a reason democrats/liberals are rarely trusted with such decisions.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Exclamation Cheney = not a good guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Can you post data showing that Cheney ordered anyone to be "tortured?"
Better yet...

YouTube - Dick Cheney Admits To Use Of Torture

Quote:
There was no "conspiracy" to plunge the U.S. in a war. Several investigations prove that. And Congress voted to take action against Saddam and Iraq. Next time, try posting accurate information!
You're somewhat immune to accurate information.

Quote:
The only lunatics are the ones with Cheney Derangement Syndrome.
According to you, Cheney is on top of things. Very amusing point of view.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:57 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Imagine kissing Cheney, and concieving his offspring ? Can't the guy afford an orthodontist ? Of course, the blood drips better from corn cob teeth.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:07 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Better yet...

YouTube - Dick Cheney Admits To Use Of Torture

You're somewhat immune to accurate information.
Cheney did not say anywhere in the video that he admitted to torture. Looks like YOU are the one who is immune to accurate information!

Quote:
According to you, Cheney is on top of things. Very amusing point of view.
In case you forgot, Bush was president, not Cheney. And actions like using military force against Iraq had to be approved by Congress. Another item you "forgot."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies