Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the 55 GOP Representatives and Senators who use Medicare give it up because of their ideology
Yes 11 78.57%
No 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:35 PM

737 posts, read 1,177,644 times

Advertisements

55 GOP Representatives and Senators have Government Run Health Care called Medicare but they oppose a public option. Should the 55 GOP Representatives and Senators who have Medicare give up their Medicare because of their ideology?

Quote:
Rep. Ralph M. Hall
Rep. Roscoe G. Bartlett
Rep. Sam Johnson
Rep. C.W. Bill Young
Rep. Howard Coble
Sen. Jim Bunning
Sen. Richard G. Lugar
Rep. Don Young
Sen. Charles E. Grassley
Sen. Robert F. Bennett
Rep. Vernon J. Ehlers
Sen. Orrin G. Hatch
Sen. Richard C. Shelby
Rep. Jerry Lewis
Sen. James M. Inhofe
Rep. Ron Paul
Rep. Henry E. Brown
Sen. Pat Roberts
Sen. George V. Voinovich
Sen. John McCain
Rep. Judy Biggert
Sen. Thad Cochran
Rep. Harold Rogers
Rep. Dan Burton
Rep. Howard P. "Buck" McKeon
Rep. Frank R. Wolf
Sen. Christopher S. Bond
Rep. Michael N. Castle
Rep. Joe Pitts
Rep. Tom Petri
Sen. Lamar Alexander
Rep. Doc Hastings
Rep. Cliff Stearns
Rep. Sue Myrick
Rep. John Carter
Sen. Mitch McConnell
Sen. Jon Kyl
Rep. Phil Gingrey
Rep. Nathan Deal
Rep. John Linder
Rep. Kay Granger
Rep. John L. Mica
Rep. Walter B. Jones
Sen. Jim Risch
Rep. Ed Whitfield
Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner
Rep. Virginia Foxx
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison
Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite
Sen. Saxby Chambliss
Sen. Michael B. Enzi
Rep. Elton Gallegly
Rep. Donald Manzullo
Rep. Peter T. King
Rep. Ander Crenshaw

YouTube - Weiner: 55 Repubicans in Congress are on Medicare but oppose public option
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 08:01 PM

403 posts, read 535,267 times
bunch of hypocrites

Old 10-25-2009, 03:48 AM

725 posts, read 2,323,376 times
Hypocrites indeed!!!!!!!!

The same Politicians that suck on the government teet are refusing to allow a public Health option for everyone else. If they're so dead-set against the public option then they ought to be forced to give up their taxpayer-funded Health plans.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
bunch of hypocrites
Of course you realize seniors have been paying into Medicare for 40 or more years don't you? It is nothing like a solely run government health care plan.

Now, if all of you who are hoping for a government run plan want to pay into for many years before you start collecting, be my guest. Plus it isn't possible to opt out...

Nita

Old 10-25-2009, 08:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Haha, the funniest part about this video, is that the Democrat is taking credit for a REPUBLICAN IDEA.. haha...

And of course, 3 times as many Democrats are on Medicare than Republicans, and they criticized Republicans for collecting Medicare while supporting the idea that everyone should be on Medicare.

Typical liberal, criticize your "opponents" ideas while taking credit for their ideas.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:12 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,719,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course you realize seniors have been paying into Medicare for 40 or more years don't you? It is nothing like a solely run government health care plan.

Now, if all of you who are hoping for a government run plan want to pay into for many years before you start collecting, be my guest. Plus it isn't possible to opt out...

Nita
The fact remains that it is still government-run healthcare. And while seniors may paid into the system for years, they have not paid anywhere near what their care costs today, particularly end of life care. That care is subsidized by those of us who are paying into the system now.

If I want to take the money that I am now paying to a private insurance company and add it to the money I am already paying into the Medicare system so that my government-run coverage starts now, rather than later, why shouldn't I have the option of doing that?

Old 10-25-2009, 09:12 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,794,894 times
M.D. Congressman Goes Without Health Insurance - Health Blog - WSJ

A Democratic representative going without health insurance.

I hate the bill he introduced wasn't passed. It really shows how much both parties really don't give a crap about most Americans.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:15 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
Most people who chose a public option healthcare plan would pay premiums just as we do with private insurance. (People who make x% of the poverty line would be subsidized - not sure what that % is in either bill.)

Old 10-25-2009, 09:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
M.D. Congressman Goes Without Health Insurance - Health Blog - WSJ

A Democratic representative going without health insurance.

I hate the bill he introduced wasn't passed. It really shows how much both parties really don't give a crap about most Americans.
Dem Congressman Kagen: Insurance Industry Behind Disruption Of My Town Hall | TPMDC

Old 10-25-2009, 09:20 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,538,973 times
Watching ordinary people with high healthcare premiums argue AGAINST the public option is an example of how brainwashing actually works. When its obvious, such as in North Korea and starving peasants are praising Kim Jong Il, its easy to see, but in the U.S. its much more subtle.

Want to see it in action? Listen to critics of the public option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies