Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 10:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Go to Newsbusters or something similar and see all the misinformation, quotes, videos that CNN and MSNBC put out there.
Does that include Newsbusters?

Quote:
There is no better example than what they did with this supposed Rush "quote" that never existed. Also, the Town Hall guy with the gun - implying it was a white guy when in fact he was black.

There are a myriad of examples from CNN and MSNBC.

Wow, thats pretty serious stuff. The "quote from Rush" and the "white guy who is black", well, how can people keep anything straight when we cant even get Rush Limbaughs quotes right?

He is the Chairman Of The GOP, afterall.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So, you're saying you advocate for fraud, waste, and abuse of taxpayer dollars only if it fits on a scale pre-determined by liberal ideology?

No fraud is good. This torrent of outrage over an organization that gets 3 million a year is racism at its very core when viewed alongside the gross abuses of war profiteers, who get rich on the blood of innocent victims to the tune of billions every year

Old 10-25-2009, 10:38 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Why - because they highlight radicals like Van Jones, Jennings and many others in his administration?

Isn't that exactly what the "news" should be doing? Investigating and looking into staff in the WH that have dubious backgrounds?

What about ACORN, that democratic criminal organization that the "other" media is reticent to investigate? And why is that? Because they a part and parcel of the dem/lib machine? Because obama cut his teeth "organizing" for them?

Because they don't want to "damage" him, that's why.

The ACORN story was huge - taxpayer dollars going to an Org with a plethora of voter fraud cases across the country and then those tapes came out. The MSM wanted to ignore it, the NYT admitted they dropped the ball - obama didn't want them to pick the story up, just like he doesn't want them to pick other stories up.
The ACORN story was great and necessary, though those kids did it without Faux's help; Faux just marketed it.

Van Jones is the only one of those folks who was even remotely iffy, but Faux played to the worst, basest instincts of their audience concerning him. Beck's systematic attacks on the "czars" offended me because they were irresponsible and misleading, and on such a dumb level... they appealed to the dumbest people in his audience. I dont mind the gimmick of systematic scrutiny, just be honest. But he was not and is not.

When those people got their jobs the rest of the media all noted them with little bios. Only Faux tries to make something out of nothing (Cass Sunstein wants your dog to sue you, Anita Dunn's favorite philosopher is Mao, and -- this was a lie -- Van Jones, "convicted felon").

ACORN - from the start, right wing sheep were misled about them concerning voter fraud v. vote registration fraud - to this day many dont know the facts. To this day people believe ACORN workers took buses paid for by the WH to town hall meetings and crowded out the residents, etc. The phrase "community organizer" is now as terrifying for some as "Communist" used to be in the Cold War days, and that's a shame. ACORN has done obnoxious stuff but theyve done many more good things. I honestly do believe the sheep are being manipulated via their usual fears and prejudices in order to keep poor (and usually black) people demonized. In the South landowners did this with poor whites, in business bosses demonize union workers; it's not new.

You post is an example of misinformation concerning Obama and ACORN. He did not "cut his teeth" organizing for them. But someone else will have to look that up for you to ignore.

You're not right about the rest of the media not covering things like ACORN, the birth certificate, Bill Ayers, and so on because they "dont want to damage him". Until very recently -- I think even after the rise of the Palinites -- I think they didnt even notice what insanity was happening in the RW blogs, and they thought Faux was just preaching to its usual fringe and not doing any damage. They thought people were smarter than they are.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:39 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No fraud is good. This torrent of outrage over an organization that gets 3 million a year is racism at its very core when viewed alongside the gross abuses of war profiteers, who get rich on the blood of innocent victims to the tune of billions every year
Why is ACORN synonymous with racism? Is ACORN a black organization? If so, are you saying Fox News is racist for calling out a black organization for fraud, waste, and abuse?

Old 10-25-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Why is ACORN synonymous with racism? Is ACORN a black organization? If so, are you saying Fox News is racist for calling out a black organization for fraud, waste, and abuse?
Dont be disingenuous.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Dont be disingenuous.
What? Don't be ridiculous. Odanny called out Fox for calling out ACORN. I would like to know why he has a problem with Fox calling out fraud, waste, and abuse of taxpayer dollars, especially since he called it "racism at its very core."

If you're going to shout "racism," be prepared to back it up.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:45 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times
Quote:
Those of you that bash Fox News do it without having ever watched the full line-up of shows the network offers. Instead of relying on ignorant out of context YouTube clips to make your case, you should at least demonstrate that you have actually watched the line-up from start to finish before pasting endless, mindless clips of pure nothingness.
To be perfectly honest, i'd rather be bound to a chair and be cut with a razor blade repeatedly than to watch any of FOX's "news" programming.

I watched it before, especially during the auto crisis deal. Every news station was basically misinformed to the realities of the auto industry that it was shocking that it was happening here in America.

Needless to say, Fox News was the biggest offender by far. To those who say Fox stirs up the crazies and leads people off a cliff, i can definitely see it after watching all the misinformation in regards to the auto industry. They, in my opinion, were stirring up hate for the masses against the "overpaid union auto worker".

Old 10-25-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
What? Don't be ridiculous. Odanny called out Fox for calling out ACORN. I would like to know why he has a problem with Fox calling out fraud, waste, and abuse of taxpayer dollars, especially since he called it "racism at its very core."

If you're going to shout "racism," be prepared to back it up.
Oh God, I dont want to have to look up more stuff for you. Good night. A dios.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh God, I dont want to have to look up more stuff for you. Good night. A dios.
That's what I figured. It's easy to throw around the race card, but when its time to pony up with the indicators, its time to hit the road. Typical. Phony. Liberal.

Fox News hammered ACORN, and rightfully so. To play the race card, someone had better come up with the evidence. Otherwise you look like the mindless idiots that endlessly pummel with you with anti-Fox News tripe in hopes that you will come to an online forum and repeat what they tell you to.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
That's what I figured. It's easy to throw around the race card, but when its time to pony up with the indicators, its time to hit the road. Typical. Phony. Liberal.

Fox News hammered ACORN, and rightfully so. To play the race card, someone had better come up with the evidence. Otherwise you look like the mindless idiots that endlessly pummel with you with anti-Fox News tripe in hopes that you will come to an online forum and repeat what they tell you to.

Much of the right wing suffers from varying levels of ignorance, and racism is often lurking in the background. That the so-called "ACORN scandal" reached the hysterical heights of hypocrisy and manufactured outrage at an organization that targets voter registration amongst low income minorities is further proof of using the ridiculous "sting" clips to hear such an outpouring of outrage amongst the racist rightwing Confederates and their hanger on's in Congress using ACORN "abuses" as their cover and launching pad to hurl safe insults at people of color.

FOX is just a douchebag entertainment network that milked this so-called staged incident in a relentless attack on ACORN's credibility and legitimacy.

Do I think those who shriek about ACORN while turning a blind eye to hundreds of billions given defense contractors are racist?

No. But they might be. And if they are not, they are ignorant. Its one or the other, often both
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies