Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:25 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,626,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Boy, talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for positives! I still didn't get my question answered about what he's done to help the MAJORITY of average working Americans in this country (the DOW means nothing to average Americans who don't have stock "porfolios" etc. and are just trying to put gas in their cars and food on the table every week for their kids!). The prescription drug plan was nothing but a gift to the pharmaceutical companies - do your homework. Speaking of Bush's claim to "faith", much of that was just a marketing ploy to secure the evangilical vote. The Bible did predict however, that there would come a "great deception"

Alaskagirl, this is the exact reason it is useless to try and answer anyone who poses such a question. They will simply minimize any possible good, maximize any angle that cast doubt, and continue to rant.

I have no problem saying Bush is not a good president, and that I am hopeful we get a solid president in 2008 that can mop up some of his messes. But I also have no problem recognizing that some people have become delusional with their Bush bashing and trying to drag the entire Republican party in with it while acting like the Dems have no losers and morons on their side too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 09:47 AM

753 posts, read 758,576 times
Bush doesn't get enough good press? The man has a television network that does nothing but praise him and his administration.

And said network has the highest ratings of any news channel in the country, according to them.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:52 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Bush doesn't get enough good press? The man has a television network that does nothing but praise him and his administration.

And said network has the highest ratings of any news channel in the country, according to them.
I was thinking the same thing, lol.

Fox, or as I like to call them, the media arm of the Illuminati, has done nothing but avoid negative press with Bush.

If anything, the man received TOO MUCH undeserved positive press, as well as leniency on negative issues. This explains the 2004 election.

The fact is, he has be SO bad, even Fox can no longer deny it and maintain credibility.

~T

Old 05-12-2007, 07:29 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,870 times
It continues to amuse me that we finally have a choice beyond the liberal bias of CNN, ABC, CBS etc. and now the left complains that FOX is bias. Before FOX NEWS the left didn't realize they were getting bias news, they thought it was fair.
CNN use to be called the Clinton News Network. . . but that was OK but because FOX, yes admittedly leans right it is all of a sudden unfair.
Come on. You can't have it both ways.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:53 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,897 times
Uh yet another lie (again) in this thread alone about media bias.

The media is corporate and conservative and controlled by a few companies. these conservative outlets are Viacom, Universal, Disney, News Corp, and on the radio, Clear Channel. You can add the NY Times and Wash Post among others in big media that has been conservative.

CNN was called the Clinton News Network because it obsessed over every little thing that Scaife and the rightwing machine put forth and it obsessed over the Clinton affair so yes that is an accurate name.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:50 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,626,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Uh yet another lie (again) in this thread alone about media bias.

The media is corporate and conservative and controlled by a few companies. these conservative outlets are Viacom, Universal, Disney, News Corp, and on the radio, Clear Channel. You can add the NY Times and Wash Post among others in big media that has been conservative.

CNN was called the Clinton News Network because it obsessed over every little thing that Scaife and the rightwing machine put forth and it obsessed over the Clinton affair so yes that is an accurate name.
Your entire post is made irrelevant if you call the NY Times conservative. Only ULTRA left liberals would say that about the times.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:53 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Your entire post is made irrelevant if you call the NY Times conservative. Only ULTRA left liberals would say that about the times.
Amen to that.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:03 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,113,560 times
The NY Times is neither left or right, but mainstream. It has been for a long time, and has reporters from both sides of the street. To think that Judith Miller wrote for the left, ultra or not, is rather slanted.

The WP, on the other hand, is more likely to report a slight left slant, but it too has many reporters, and editors that lean very far right.

Mainstream media is just that; neither left or right, but centrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post

Old 05-13-2007, 02:09 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,897 times
Quote:
Your entire post is made irrelevant if you call the NY Times conservative
The paper enabled Bush. Judy Miller and others that not only refused to do real investigative journalism, but actively engaged in White House propaganda and therefore the Times is acting as a conservative voice.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:14 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,113,560 times
JoeP, your statement is somewhat exaggerated, I believe, but totally true regarding Miller and others. The NY Times has long changed its course, and cannot be considered a "liberal" paper, but it still remains a well regarded rag, and one that many people in the country look to for good news reporting.

It lacks what it had, and is more right-leaning than it was in former years, but then so many news media are walking a tightrope when it comes to reporting and editorializing.

Just my opinion, but one I firmly believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies