Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 06:51 AM

2,241 posts, read 1,390,815 times

Advertisements

On the "obscenely wealthy" scale where do you think Mrs. Pelosi ranks? Does she pay her fair share?
I also thought the rich were already taxed more than the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 06:53 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,026,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyT View Post
The US is already a "small business economy", where 95% of all business owners operate small businesses.
Yet it is the big businesses that ate actually controlling government and policy!

Old 10-27-2009, 06:59 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,082,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyT View Post
The US is already a "small business economy", where 95% of all business owners operate small businesses.
95% of the business OWNERS operate small business.

As for the money. I would guess that 95% of the money is in the hands of that 5% big business owners.

There is only one owner for Wal Mart, McDonalds, Monsanto, Haliburon, etc. yet eachs one of these entities controls as much money as thousands of small businesses. Skews the figures a bit don't you think?

Old 10-27-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
On the "obscenely wealthy" scale where do you think Mrs. Pelosi ranks? Does she pay her fair share?
I also thought the rich were already taxed more than the rest of us.
Can't you people go 5 minutes without making retarded partisan attacks?

It's shameful that so many Americans are ignorant enough to get caught up in that left vs. right bafoonery.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:03 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,750,957 times
This is really all quite silly. Who are the really rich people, the ones who literally own a substantial portion of our very lives? Who are the ones who have created the government/business collusion which has destroyed our freedoms?

Why do so many people carp and vilify the rather insignificant big businesses and rich people? The targets of such hatred are only playing by the rules that our unjust government has set up. Isn't the government the true evil here?

I am really serious here. If you wish to attack big business with honestly, you should be attacking the biggest business that exists in America. That is the business of the government slave trade. It is only through government manipulation and regulation of business, the government/business collusion, that they have gained such power. It is only through the government granted special powers that the fictional entity "corporation" has been treated as superior to the individual. I will always view those who go after big business without going after their coconspirator government as dishonest at best.

As to the evil rich people. Yes there are some who have come into wealth through legalized forms of fraud. But who are the real evil rich people? Those who have continually committed wholesale theft of all Americans. Who are the ones who create money out of air, rather counterfeit our currency regularly, indirectly stealing from all Americans at the same time. This group of people are not government, but they are only allowed to do so because our government gave them a private monopoly of our currency.

Take the latest scheme devised by these people who own America and its citizens. The banking "crisis" is no different than any other "crisis" in our history since 1913.

The Morgan Reserve counterfeits a ton of money.
They give said money to their own companies.
They say that we owe them the money that "it" gave to themselves.
They charge us "interest" on this "debt" with whatever devalued counterfeit money we still have.

It is the same every time. We continue to fall for it over and over again. Every time it is a grand scale theft of every American now alive and to be born in the future.

Who are the ultimate criminals and evil rich in our country? They are none other than the Rothschilds, Morgans, and Loebs of the world. When the whiners about some millionaire playing by the rules set up by our corrupt government/business collusion start talking about the private owners of the "Federal Reserve" than I might give them an ear. Otherwise these people are screaming about street thugs while advocating a small elite group who truly own and brutally plunder all Americans regularly.

So what would I suggest as an alternative to going after big business and the evil rich other than advocating the theft of my fellow Americans.

Eliminate all "corporate" law. (Actually all preferential law whatsoever.) Take away any special preferential rights and powers that gives "business" more power than the individual.

Eliminate the private monopoly of our currency, read the "Federal Reserve". Kick the shylocks and money-changers into the real world where they don't have the "right" to commit wholesale theft of the people whenever they feel like it.

Have the people seriously consider the elimination of partial reserve banking.

Have the people seriously consider what level of usury should be permitted in a just society.

Have the people seriously consider eliminating our fiat currency and returning to some form of sound money.

Last edited by irspow; 10-27-2009 at 07:17 AM..

Old 10-27-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
This is really all quite silly. Who are the really rich people, the ones who literally own a substantial portion of our very lives? Who are the ones who have created the government/business collusion which has destroyed our freedoms?

Why do so many people carp and vilify the rather insignificant big businesses and rich people? The targets of such hatred are only playing by the rules that our unjust government has set up. Isn't the government the true evil here?

I am really serious here. If you wish to attack big business with honestly, you should be attacking the biggest business that exists in America. That is the business of the government slave trade. It is only through government manipulation and regulation of business, the government/business collusion, that they have gained such power. It is only through the government granted special powers that the fictional entity "corporation" has been treated as superior to the individual. I will always view those who go after big business without going after their coconspirator government as dishonest at best.

As to the evil rich people. Yes there are some who have come into wealth through legalized forms of fraud. But who are the real evil rich people? Those who have continually committed wholesale theft of all Americans. Who are the ones who create money out of air, rather counterfeit our currency regularly, indirectly stealing from all Americans at the same time. This group of people are not government, but they are only allowed to do so because our government gave them a private monopoly of our currency.

Take the latest scheme devised by these people who own America and its citizens. The banking "crisis" is no different than any other "crisis" in our history since 1913.

The Morgan Reserve counterfeits a ton of money.
They give said money to their own companies.
They say that we owe them the money that "it" gave to themselves.
They charge us "interest" on this "debt" with whatever devalued counterfeit money we still have.

It is the same every time. We continue to fall for it over and over again. Every time it is a grand scale theft of every American now alive and to be born in the future.

Who are the ultimate criminals and evil rich in our country? They are none other than the Rothschilds, Morgans, and Loebs of the world. When the whiners about some millionaire playing by the rules set up by our corrupt government/business collusion start talking about the private owners of the "Federal Reserve" than I might give them an ear. Otherwise these people are screaming about street thugs while advocating a small elite group who truly own and brutally plunder all Americans regularly.
I totally agree. When are we going to revolt and clean house? The government in the US is totally corrupt and out of control. When are we actually going to do something about it?

When are we going to kick the people out of OUR white house who are squandering trillions of dollars and turning out country into crap? It needs to be done.

But until that happens, I think lots the Bush tax cuts should be reversed.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:16 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,026,025 times
Rsprow the rich are really the government. They have purchased policyand have been for quite some time. As a result policies that have been put forth have strangled the middle class while deepening the pockets/ profits of the Corp. Government is fine if it is indeed not sold out to the highest bidder. Just lookat the public option in the healthcare bills and the seeming opposition. 65% uf the population wants it. Insurance companies do not and those most strongly opposed in our government are those that receive the most from insurance companies.

Those with the most have wielded ther power for too long and their greed has gotten out of control. It amazes me those that oppose limiting obscene CEO incomes that are just that obscene! Since that would only apply to companies tht we the people bailed out it only makes sense that we the people through our arm which is the government wield somesort of control and restraint.

Government is not the problem what is the problem is the segment with the largest wealth controlling policy at the behest of the rest of the countries citizens.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:16 AM

2,241 posts, read 1,390,815 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
Can't you people go 5 minutes without making retarded partisan attacks?
Ok, I'm sorry I used a dem as an example of someone who is obscenely rich. It wasn't an attack, just an example. My B.
However, I know someone who earns around $200,000 per year and he pays between $60,000 - $70,000 in taxes. That's almost a third of his income. I know that $200,000 is the magic cut-off line, but that still seems excessive.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:18 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,195,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I was looking at another thread. Someone suggested that the very wealthy should be taxed more. Lots of people agreed, but a lot of people were against the idea.

Why would you possibly be against this idea? I doubt many people on this forum fall into the category of being very wealthy, so why should you be against the idea?

And if you ARE very wealthy, then you should pay up a little bit more money. Do not be greedy, if you care about America it seems as though you would not mind paying a little bit more of your riches to help the USA prosper.

The rich are ones who can afford it. Low income workers in America are simply unable to take on any more expenses. They are already stretched to the limits financially, and they are already paying quite a lot of taxes. Taxes must come from SOMEWHERE, the rich have gotten lots of new tax breaks over the past few decades. We must start taxing them more once again. Bring it back to where it was at around the 70s and 60s.

So.... why shouldn't the rich be taxed more?
Because the Brainwashed Worshippers of the Wealthy believe the Wealthy will give them jobs and save them.

They haven't noticed that the Wealthy have NOT created jobs, that their Worshippers are NOT being saved .

They bought the fallacy that helping the Wealthy helps everyone...it doesn't/didn't/won't/ work...but they Worship blindly and the Wealthy sure appreciate it

SOME even believe the Wealthy ARE taxed more than average Americans!!!!!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:20 AM

[quote=lizjo;11363108]
Quote:

Ok, I'm sorry I used a dem as an example of someone who is obscenely rich. It wasn't an attack, just an example. My B.
However, I know someone who earns around $200,000 per year and he pays between $60,000 - $70,000 in taxes. That's almost a third of his income. I know that $200,000 is the magic cut-off line, but that still seems excessive.
When I say "tax the rich" i'm not talking about people who make 200K. I' talking about people who make ten million and up. I'm talking about the richest of the rich.

But as ther posted have said. It would be much, uch better to clean house in the USA and end the government corruption and waste. This would generate more money than taxes. But the US people are too afraid to stand up against the big bad government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies