Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times

Advertisements

A very important promise made by Obama during his campaign that have been broken.

So was this a total lie or has he not been able to get the open debate like he promised us all on?

It is amazing to me that promises like this that we allow him to get away with this even as this health care debate is by far the largest piece of legislation in many years.

WE SHOULD DEMAND THE WIDE OPEN DEBATE ON THIS ISSUE AND NOT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS AS THE LIBERAL CONTROLLED CONGRESS IS DOING.

YouTube - Obama's Promise for Open Healthcare Reform

This is just one of the examples, he said this many time over.

So why have we been totally shut out of the debate?

The transparency lie is getting old and I would like to know why is Obama allowing the dems in congress to go behind closed doors with this issue after promising us all it would be shown on Cspan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 10:52 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,983 times
Because hes a bum and we gotta throw him out with th rest of congress vote 2010 and 2012 I dont care if its R or D but we need fresh ideas

Old 10-19-2009, 10:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
A very important promise made by Obama during his campaign that have been broken.

So was this a total lie or has he not been able to get the open debate like he promised us all on?

It is amazing to me that promises like this that we allow him to get away with this even as this health care debate is by far the largest piece of legislation in many years.

WE SHOULD DEMAND THE WIDE OPEN DEBATE ON THIS ISSUE AND NOT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS AS THE LIBERAL CONTROLLED CONGRESS IS DOING.

YouTube - Obama's Promise for Open Healthcare Reform

This is just one of the examples, he said this many time over.

So why have we been totally shut out of the debate?

The transparency lie is getting old and I would like to know why is Obama allowing the dems in congress to go behind closed doors with this issue after promising us all it would be shown on Cspan?
Are you saying the House team and the Senate team should have worked out their versions of the bill in public, on C-SPAN?

Im confused.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:04 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Hasn't he broken most of the promises he made when campaigning? I'm not surprised anymore when another one hits the floor. If he runs again in '12 it will come back to bite him. Who will believe anything he says?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:20 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Hasn't he broken most of the promises he made when campaigning? I'm not surprised anymore when another one hits the floor. If he runs again in '12 it will come back to bite him. Who will believe anything he says?
No, actually, he hasn't. I'd suggest that if politics and government is important to you, that you make a better effort at seeking out the truth.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

Old 10-19-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Are you saying the House team and the Senate team should have worked out their versions of the bill in public, on C-SPAN?

Im confused.

I figured you would be confused as you did not even take the time to listen to the Obama word for word promises that he would sit down around a large table with HC people, doctors, etc and have an open debate that would be aired on CSpan.

This was Obamas promise. Do you not even know what his promises were?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
No, actually, he hasn't. I'd suggest that if politics and government is important to you, that you make a better effort at seeking out the truth.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

Yes, you need to know the truth about the million promises he made.

What you will find is that the ones he did actually keep were no brainers, easy ones that you or I could have got done.

The important fact is the major important ones such as this health care debate promise he made he has broken it.

You wont find any major promises of any importance getting done.

Since this HC issue is so huge, judge for yourself if he is a liar or not.

Based on the videos you can find, he promised us all a free and open debate on HC and would air it on CSpan so we all could see it.

So far he lied about it.

Look up his promises on transparency also, he has not been transparent with anything he has done. Everything he does is a secret and being hidden from you.

Debating such a huge issue behind closed doors like the dems and Obama are doing just shows us that he lied about the transparency issue also.

Today, a new poll shows that 56% of all Americans are against the HC bills passing, 42% of people like it, down 3% since last week along and falling.

This is why he is trying to so hard to distract us all with other issues right now as he knows the more we discuss this the more do not trust him and this congress.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I figured you would be confused as you did not even take the time to listen to the Obama word for word promises that he would sit down around a large table with HC people, doctors, etc and have an open debate that would be aired on CSpan.

This was Obamas promise. Do you not even know what his promises were?
Is that what he said in the video? I missed it if so.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Mr. 90, why don't you try looking things up for a change?

Health Care Insurance Reform Legislation - C-SPAN

Old 10-19-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Is that what he said in the video? I missed it if so.

For being such a huge Obama supporter you sure miss a lot of things he has said. Maybe you both have forgotten about those words???? or it was not what he meant?

Here you go. I did your homework for you since you are unable to remember or find the info.

OBAMA PROMISE BROKEN-

To achieve health care reform, "I'm going to have all the negotiations around a big table. We'll have doctors and nurses and hospital administrators. Insurance companies, drug companies -- they'll get a seat at the table, they just won't be able to buy every chair.

But what we will do is, we'll have the negotiations televised on C-SPAN, so that people can see who is making arguments on behalf of their constituents, and who are making arguments on behalf of the drug companies or the insurance companies. And so, that approach, I think is what is going to allow people to stay involved in this process."

Sources: Town hall meeting on Aug. 21, 2008, in Chester, Va.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies