Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So having less money in your pocket is going to benfit someone?

I have insurance and if my insurance has to pay more for say wheelchairs or walkers or something I might need do you think the insurance co is going to just eat the increase or pass it down to me?

Then causing me to have to pay more for my insurance and having less money in my pocket.

So its easy to say it will hurt me
If this bill prevails and becomes the Act as is or if the wheelchair language stays in then you'd need to look at the Health Insurance Exchange -- since none of this would happen until 2013 anyway -- and see which plans would be better suited for you, sounds like to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
No probably about if it the people making wheelchairs have pay more to make it they are going to charge more to sell it.

They are paid for by people buying them or insurance companys paying for them.

So if an insurance company has to pay more to buy you a wheelchair do you think the insurance company is going to charge you more for it?

Democrats seems to have this mind set that things are free and that they can increase the cost of making and selling a product by taxing a company making this product and that cost wont be passed down to those buying the product.
? I never said it wouldnt cost, I just cant type fast enough to keep up with you people's fear-barrage.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:57 PM

89,004 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
? I never said it wouldnt cost, I just cant type fast enough to keep up with you people's fear-barrage.
... make that reality-barrage.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
They don't seem to get it, and most don't want to get it. I once had a neighbor that always thought of everything in that manner. That they were sticking it to the rich folk. A initiative came up and they were all for it and how it was going to "get them evil rich people" even though I explained to them that if you looked up the details of it, it would result in higher taxes and associated costs being passed down to the consumer.

They voted it through and the next year were complaining about the taxes and costs of the area this initiative dealt with. Again, they blamed the "rich folk" and vowed to keep taxing and making them carry more of the costs. It was like being in a dream watching an idiot touch the fire over and over again thinking that the next time they won't get burned. You really can't fix stupid.
You people just want to complain. As far as I can see only Toyman even actually looked at those taxes. The rest of you just want to sit around and complain. Dont see how that's useful but oh well.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
... make that reality-barrage.
About wheelchairs costing more? That's the only tax, other than the 2.5% for not wanting to be covered, that wd be new.

Wheelchairs shouldnt cost more, and there's probably a remedy that the scare-mongers who put up the 9/11 style BREAKING NEWS didnt post. If not, what can I tell you.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:04 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Do you make $1M every year filing jointly?

The only thing in here I dont understand is a cap on FSAs.
Did you see the tax on medical parts?

I have had back surgery. the stuff they put in my back would be taxed. That is for every single person. not just rich people getting knee replacements.

and any tax on a business (which this bill will do) is a tax on every single person who purchases their goods/services.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:04 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
H.R. 3962, the "Affordable Health Care for America Act" has been introduced--all 1990 pages of it. This gargantuan beast contains thirteen new tax hikes. Here they all are, with description and page number (PDF version):

BREAKING: Comprehensive List of Taxes<br> In House Democrat Health Bill

So they aren't going to tax my health insurance, but they will tax the hip replacement devices that my insurance purchases along with everything the hospital uses. Hmm, sure am glad they aren't trying to tax my insurance.

I guarantee that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:06 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
Quote:
Individual Mandate Surtax (Page 296): If an individual fails to obtain qualifying coverage, he must pay an income surtax equal to the lesser of 2.5 percent of modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) or the average premium. MAGI adds back in the foreign earned income exclusion and municipal bond interest.
I can't wait to see the giant fiberglass turnip that squeezes blood from those poor peasants who don't make enough $$$. All a bunch of wordy gobbledygook.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:08 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,521 times
Quote:
Care to examine these taxes, or do you just want to sit around and complain, too, and not figure out how it would hurt or benefit you and what you would do to make it work for you?

BREAKING: Comprehensive List of Taxes<br> In House Democrat Health Bill

edit -- Ah, right, you'll wait for Glenn.... Glenn will explain it all for you.
The only reason why you want to "examine" these taxes is to try and find some other way to spin it.

All taxes are based on the concept of charging people to provide a service. This is a service that they are saying they are going to have to charge for. Thats a tax. End of story.

Don't start going down the "slam Glenn Beck and republican route" simply because a simple campaign promise is blatently broken here.

Thats on the Presidents hands, not ours, no matter who you try to justify, excuse, or spin it.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Did you see the tax on medical parts?

I have had back surgery. the stuff they put in my back would be taxed. That is for every single person. not just rich people getting knee replacements.

and any tax on a business (which this bill will do) is a tax on every single person who purchases their goods/services.
Medical devices, all I can say is the cost would be divided by millions of people and there are probably other remedies Im not aware of. Tax on a business, do you mean employers paying 72.5% of employees' insurance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies