Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:59 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

He couldn't have been there to see the Obamas. The President hardly knows him, he told us during the campaign, and it's not like the former bomber lives in the DC neighborhood and just stopped by to be neighborly. But, the White House says it's some other William Ayers (like who?) and some other Jeremiah Wright. I might believe the William Ayers one if it was a standalone but do we all have two Jeremiahs in our circles of friends and co-workers?

But you know what? That's not even the issue. The President can have who he wants at the White House and not have to fib about it but I have just read 10 articles on the White House list of visitors and not a single reporter has asked who these other William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright guys are and yet almost every other name gets a sentence to explain who they are. For the Ayers and Wright name we're just told they are some other guys. The media is still in the tank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 08:01 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,201 times
What are you talking about? How about a link.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:11 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
The list is public (Visitor Records | The White House ) Sagran.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-r...isitor-records

But, Laura, that does not include records related to purely personal guests of the first and second families (i.e., visits that do not involve any official or political business).
So what ever they were there for (or who ever they were), they were not "friends of" but on "business with" the white house. (in other words, if he wanted to hide it, he could have, but didn't)

Last edited by plannine; 11-01-2009 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: took out personal comment.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
The list is public (Briefing Room | The White House (http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/disclosures/visitor-records%29........now - broken link) do you want to tell us about the other visitors?
That's a website. Where's the list? Where are those names listed?

Where's the story that the White House denied it was that William Ayers and that Jeremiah Wright?

Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
What are you talking about? How about a link.
A link to what, all of the news articles on the subject or to the White House website with the list of White House visitors?

If you want to read all of the news stories just go to Google News and do a search on "White House List" or "White House Visitors." They all covered it. It's just that when they were told it was some other William Ayers and some other Jeremiah Wright, the reporters just accepted that response and moved on without comment. If the White House knows it's not THAT William Ayers and not THAT Jeremiah Wright then obviously they know who the people are. You don't get a badge unless you provide info about yourself. My comment isn't a criticism of White House guests. It's a criticism about a half-assed media. They should have asked who are these other William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright White House visitors if they aren't THOSE guys.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
William Ayers Visited White House – No, Not That One - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Because its not the Bill Ayers you're thinking of. Jerimaiah Wright is also on the list, but its a different man.

You've got to remember, just because I have a name, doesn't mean I'm the only one with it.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
That's a website. Where's the list? Where are those names listed?

Where's the story that the White House denied it was that William Ayers and that Jeremiah Wright?
For some reason when I post the link using city data it changes it, here is the right one :http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-r...isitor-records

Old 11-01-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
William Ayers Visited White House – No, Not That One - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Because its not the Bill Ayers you're thinking of. Jerimaiah Wright is also on the list, but its a different man.

You've got to remember, just because I have a name, doesn't mean I'm the only one with it.
They released the names of people just visiting the White House doing the tourist thing??? How odd.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
A link to what, all of the news articles on the subject or to the White House website with the list of White House visitors?

If you want to read all of the news stories just go to Google News and do a search on "White House List" or "White House Visitors." They all covered it. It's just that when they were told it was some other William Ayers and some other Jeremiah Wright, the reporters just accepted that response and moved on without comment. If the White House knows it's not THAT William Ayers and not THAT Jeremiah Wright then obviously they know who the people are. You don't get a badge unless you provide info about yourself. My comment isn't a criticism of White House guests. It's a criticism about a half-assed media. They should have asked who are these other William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright White House visitors if they aren't THOSE guys.
You assume they didn't. Maybe they did and it was one of the 25 Jeremiah Wrights from Detroit, and he was with one of the 7 William Ayers also from the area, and there was no story.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:18 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

There is a famous singer with the same name as my maiden name, and at least one other person with my married name. DH's cousin married a woman with the same first name as me. There is a composer with the same name as my brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies