Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
and which are important in the big picture?

I realize Faux viewers think they're the center of the universe, but....
You dont think its important that Obama reaches out across the aisle to fufill his promise of "bipartisan" talk?

Sorry, I think americans are FAR more important than ANY of the other ones listed, after all, we are the voters, taxpayers, those who are liable for the policies by politicians etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 09:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That poll, and its results, is obviously another reason why 0bama wants to regulate the internet.
Yep, we will be the next ones who are regulated. Free speech will be squashed and shut down.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:34 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not at all what I'm saying.. Again, I THINK THE VOTE IS WRONG..

But nothing says the votes come from "emails" or conservative links. One can easily write a program that would manipulate the poll to the right. I could have one written for about $25 that would accomplish the goal of pushing the vote to the outcome I wanted to see, which is most likely the reason its off.
Oh pgh, dont admit it if you dont want to

Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Obama had stated that he would meet with those dictators.
If he has as much fortune getting concessions from those countries as he's had cutting wasteful defense programs ($100 billion), then great.

Let the republican presidents 'punish' other countries by refusing to talk to them.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Isn't Faux Entertainment the video version of the National Enquirer?

Seems little different that Jerry Springer, without the chair throwing.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh pgh, dont admit it if you dont want to
Dont admit what, that the vote was wrong? ok, I wont..

Old 11-03-2009, 09:38 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You dont think its important that Obama reaches out across the aisle to fufill his promise of "bipartisan" talk?

Sorry, I think americans are FAR more important than ANY of the other ones listed, after all, we are the voters, taxpayers, those who are liable for the policies by politicians etc..
Faux has done an amazing job of presenting the news of the world in a mature, responsible manner. Regular Huntley Brinkley they are over there.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
If he has as much fortune getting concessions from those countries as he's had cutting wasteful defense programs ($100 billion), then great.

Let the republican presidents 'punish' other countries by refusing to talk them.
You are joking right? What concessions do you think a "milk toast" like Obama could gain from these dictators? They would eat him for lunch. They already know he is an apologist for the United States of America.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:02 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You are joking right? What concessions do you think a "milk toast" like Obama could gain from these dictators? They would eat him for lunch. They already know he is an apologist for the United States of America.
Obama/Gates got $104 billion in concessions from the military complex.

That good news was celebrated on this forum as bad news by the right because an article complained about a fraction of that going to new engines that the pentagon didn't need. It was a really bizarre exercise - one that repeats itself every time we hear good news.

If you are a part of the group that is unwilling to recognize good news then what is the point in speaking with you. And you certainly appear to be in that group.

I'll let you go back to enjoying your Freeped poll, lol.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:05 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Obama/Gates got $104 billion in concessions from the military complex.

That good news was celebrated on this forum as bad news by the right because an article complained about a fraction of that going to new engines that the pentagon didn't need. It was a really bizarre exercise - one that repeats itself every time we hear good news.

If you are a part of the group that is unwilling to recognize good news then what is the point in speaking with you. And you certainly appear to be in that group.

I'll let you go back to enjoying your Freeped poll, lol.
You appear to be in the group that doesn't get the backlash against the dems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies