Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:51 PM

38,335 posts, read 22,340,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by + or - View Post
Given the recent and disappointing Maine same-sex marriage voting results, it's quite apparent that the majority of Americans are uncomfortable with the notion of same-sex question. My question is, why?
If two gay men belong to a church, or want to create their own religion, and hold a marriage ceremony to pledge themselves to each other for life, I don't have any problem with it. If some guy wants his pastor to marry him to a lamp post, because he says that makes him feel emotionally complete, I have no problem with that either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,026,798 times
I would never have sex in the anus. I know of gay and straight people that are the same way. They avoid the anus like the plague. But I have heard of straight couples doing it in the butt. Ew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So do you think such sex acts as oral anal sodomy between a man and a woman too revoltingly gross to be considered natural as well as well as other forms of oral sex?

In my opinion, by far the biggest reason why people feel such hatred against gays is because they find their sex acts to be highly offensive, so much so, that they would not perform such sex acts with the opposite sex.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM

170 posts, read 399,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You must be very angry with scientists and doctors who say that homosexuality is normal.

Are you also angry with doctors who say that left-handedness is not caused by mental illness or by the Devil?
Actually, Scientists consider the phenomenon of homosexuality inconclusive. I had a discussion with one of my professors, who is a renowned Neurobiologist, and he stated that there are no significant evidence of homosexuality having a biological cause. You can look at studies on Pubmed, NEJM, etc. and you'll see that much of the scientific evidence of homosexuality being biological is indeed inconclusive.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:53 PM

45,755 posts, read 27,404,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Surely in this day & age one knows that one does not need to physically have sex in order to impregnate or become impregnated? Surely people aren't that ignorant.
Obviously you are correct.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:53 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,717,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I think it is nothing more than a sexual perversion and for the benefit of society normalizing sexual perversions is bad. Gay marriage will only lead to people of other sexual perversons to demand special rights.
Yeah, you probably strongly support the Supreme Court to make the ban on sodomy OK again under the Constitution.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:56 PM

Sodomy includes oral sex. So that means straight folks cannot give oral if it becomes a criminal act again.

Quote:
Yeah, you probably strongly support the Supreme Court to make the ban on sodomy OK again under the Constitution.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:56 PM

170 posts, read 399,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Me thinks you are a previously banned poster.
Nope. And why should I be banned for posting my opinions on this matter? Homosexuality is a controversial topic and there are two sides to this matter.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,717,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
All I am saying with my practical point is that the gay lifestyle is a lifestyle of extinction. Why? Because you can't have children through sexual relations - and if it is considered as normal and everyone did it, we would be toast.
Wrong. Because as long as heterosexuals keep on producing homosexuals sometimes, homosexuals will never become extinct. IT's as simple as that.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,728,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipMC View Post
Actually, Scientists consider the phenomenon of homosexuality inconclusive. I had a discussion with one of my professors, who is a renowned Neurobiologist, and he stated that there are no significant evidence of homosexuality having a biological cause. You can look at studies on Pubmed, NEJM, etc. and you'll see that much of the scientific evidence of homosexuality being biological is indeed inconclusive.
I never said that it's absolutely a biological phenomenon. What I did say is that the consensus is that it's normal - a normal part of human life. I'm just using major medical and psychological organizations as my sources.

When you say that homosexuality is perverse and that it's "perverting young minds", I really don't know what you're talking about.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM

LOL he knows nothing about ratios and biology.

There are about a Million straight people to every 10,000 homosexuals. Straight people give birth to homosexuals. It's that easy to understand.

If gay people want carry on their name they can adopt or get a child the old fashioned way.

Quote:
Wrong. Because as long as heterosexuals keep on producing homosexuals sometimes, homosexuals will never become extinct. IT's as simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies