Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:21 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Here's something you wont hear about from Faux News.
The Obama administration has overturned several midnight regulations ushered in by the Bush administration during its waning months. The latest rule to get the boot was finalized in December 2008 and upped the number of hours truckers could stay behind the wheel, despite safety concerns about driver fatigue.
...[T]he Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration have instead agreed to settle (PDF). The agency ditched the rule and will begin anew from scratch.
The Battle Over Tired Truckers: Obama Ditches Another Bush Rule - ProPublica

Also ProPublica Midnight Regulations - ProPublica
Where strategic maneuvering has been untenable or undesirable, the Obama administration has turned to a more straightforward method for reversing regulations: reentering the rulemaking process.
http://www.ombwatch.org/files/regs/P..._the_clock.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 07:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
...[T]he Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration have instead agreed to settle (PDF). The agency ditched the rule and will begin anew from scratch.

Obama had what to do with this? I dont see where he did anything..

Old 11-05-2009, 07:42 AM

37,973 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Here's something you wont hear about from Faux News.
The Obama administration has overturned several midnight regulations ushered in by the Bush administration during its waning months. The latest rule to get the boot was finalized in December 2008 and upped the number of hours truckers could stay behind the wheel, despite safety concerns about driver fatigue.
The Battle Over Tired Truckers: Obama Ditches Another Bush Rule - ProPublica

Also ProPublica Midnight Regulations - ProPublica
Where strategic maneuvering has been untenable or undesirable, the Obama administration has turned to a more straightforward method for reversing regulations: reentering the rulemaking process.
http://www.ombwatch.org/files/regs/P..._the_clock.pdf
WOW!! Earth shattering, to say the least.

Well, this explains why it has been assumed 0bama was "dithering" on Afghanistan. This guy has been busy, busy, busy, reading, researching and soul searching over the Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration rules and regulations.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
WOW!! Earth shattering, to say the least.

Well, this explains why it has been assumed 0bama was "dithering" on Afghanistan. This guy has been busy, busy, busy, reading, researching and soul searching over the Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration rules and regulations.
What?

It would be earth-shattering if some asleep truck driver hit your car, would it not?

(trying to put it in a way a rightwinger would understand)

Old 11-05-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Public Citizen | Press Room - Obama Administration Settles Hours-of-Service Case, Agrees to Start Over on Rule to Keep Tired Truckers Off the Roads

Old 11-05-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What?

It would be earth-shattering if some asleep truck driver hit your car, would it not?
I think it would be earth shattering if some trucker hit my car while talking on his CB, or on a cell phone. The keywords here being.. "truck driver hit my car"..

WHY they hit my car is irellevant. This is a DOT rule which I'm glad to see overturned, DUE TO A LAWSUIT.. Obama had NOTHING to do with it.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I think it would be earth shattering if some trucker hit my car while talking on his CB, or on a cell phone. The keywords here being.. "truck driver hit my car"..

WHY is irellevant, but this is a DOT rule which I'm glad to see overturned, DUE TO A LAWSUIT.. Obama had NOTHING to do with it.
Obama's Administration has nothing to do with Obama, you're so right. Please see the ombwatch pdf for details on how the OBAMA ADMIN up toa nd including Rahm Emanuel have gone through the last minute Bush rules one by one.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 AM

They dont ONCE mention Obama in the story.. NOT ONCE.. So tell me what OBAMA DID.. I see the DOT in the story and talks about a settlement and previous lawsuits, but what part did OBAMA play?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:

He obviously was working behind the scenes. 0bama is a humble and modest guy, he is not the type of person who inserts himself into the spot light, or tries to grab the headlines, its not as if he is narcissistic.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:

WHY they hit my car is irellevant. This is a DOT rule which I'm glad to see overturned, DUE TO A LAWSUIT.. Obama had NOTHING to do with it.
I'm getting scared, we need to get those truck drivers off the road. 0bama - do it "for the children".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies