Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 04:32 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,043 times

Advertisements

Was anyone out there disgusted like me with the Presidents press conference about the shooting at Ft Hood...he was all smiles and included a punch line...just a load of laughs...is it me or did we really see Obama's true colors on what he thinks about the military...what a disgusting Commander in Chief we have in the White House
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Was anyone out there disgusted like me with the Presidents press conference about the shooting at Ft Hood...he was all smiles and included a punch line...a load of laughs...is it me or did we really see Obama's true colors on what he thinks about the military...what a disgusting Commander in Chief we have in the White House
Can you show me a link where Obama is laughing and making jokes?

Thanks.

And if you think Obama is disgusting...I seriously wonder what you thought of Bush.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It is reported he is from Jordan.
Somebody give me a cookie I'm psychic!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:34 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,974,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Was anyone out there disgusted like me with the Presidents press conference about the shooting at Ft Hood...he was all smiles and included a punch line...just a load of laughs...is it me or did we really see Obama's true colors on what he thinks about the military...what a disgusting Commander in Chief we have in the White House
Gotta get your Obama hate in....lol

Old 11-05-2009, 04:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Jesus christ folks! Twelve people have been brutally slain while serving their country, killed in a place that they had every right to feel safe and secure, before having to go to a war zone where such safety and security could not be expected.

Turing this event into another C-D pissing match is pretty shameful.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:35 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Well they are alot more serious than "poltical discrepencies" and there is no excuse for what he did. As there is no excuse for US actions in the Middle East.

If you lived next to a foul tempered next door neighbor.

Wouldn't you at the very least want to examine on your own actions to see if you were doing anything that was unfair towards him?

It's one thing if you're minding your own business and somebody attacks you.

It's quite another when you are contributing to the cycle of violence.
Oh dont get me wrong..I fully agree that many of this nation's actions abroad have been deviant. No doubt about it..

But my point, whether quoted or unquoted, is that Politics within his own country of origin, and the country to which he has conciously decided to give a goodly portion of his life in servitude, should in no way spur him to kill his fellow compatriots. Thats called treason, and if he felt that bad about how we behave abroad, then he could have, and obviously should have left, so he could go fight with the "good guys"/victims. They have an army he can join over there to fight for what he probably deemed the right politcal cause... But if he were ONLY mad at U.S. political foriegn policy (yes, that implies that he solely hated our foriegn politics/policy) and this was the way in which he chose to rebuke that policy then he was just a coward. Too scared to go where his real heart lay and fight for them in their political and military system, and too afraid to give his whole heart to his country.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:36 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,417 times
Default it's not racism, it's common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Being racist against Muslims is just as bad as being racist against Blacks, Hispanics, Asians or Whites.
The people who are trying to kill us with terrorist attacks, bombs and biological weapons are not from Canada, Chile, China, Poland, Ireland, Tanzania, Congo, New Zealand or the island of Jamaica.

They are from the Arab Mideast, Central Asia or muslim converts. They are not Israeli, Amish or Catholic.

They are men, and usually not women.

They are young men of fighting age. That is, they are not usually old men, and they are not children.

Their names are islamified.

So: We know the profile of the bad guy who wants to destroy our lifestyle and culture.

Last edited by mossomo; 11-05-2009 at 05:39 PM..

Old 11-05-2009, 04:39 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Can you show me a link where Obama is laughing and making jokes?

Thanks.

And if you think Obama is disgusting...I seriously wonder what you thought of Bush.

YouTube - Fort Hood Tragedy -- Barack Obama Gives "Shout-Out" Before He Comments on Shooting -- FOX News

Old 11-05-2009, 04:39 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Right now the bozo who committed this crime is waking up in hell wondering where his 101 virgins are.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:40 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,857 times
My best wishes to our solders and troops tonight as well as their families.

Be well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies