Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 04:41 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,206,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Was anyone out there disgusted like me with the Presidents press conference about the shooting at Ft Hood...he was all smiles and included a punch line...just a load of laughs...is it me or did we really see Obama's true colors on what he thinks about the military...what a disgusting Commander in Chief we have in the White House
it wasn't a press conference. Read the thread and you will see what people think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 04:42 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,663,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Jesus christ folks! Twelve people have been brutally slain while serving their country, killed in a place that they had every right to feel safe and secure, before having to go to a war zone where such safety and security could not be expected.

Turing this event into another C-D pissing match is pretty shameful.
Exactly. For a large number of people, this tragedy is not abstract. It is the end of their worlds as they know them. These are people's family members and friends.

13,186 posts, read 14,993,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Oh dont get me wrong..I fully agree that many of this nation's actions abroad have been deviant. No doubt about it..

But my point, whether quoted or unquoted, is that Politics within his own country of origin, and the country to which he has conciously decided to give a goodly portion of his life in servitude, should in no way spur him to kill his fellow compatriots. Thats called treason, and if he felt that bad about how we behave abroad, then he could have, and obviously should have left, so he could go fight with the "good guys"/victims. They have an army he can join over there to fight for what he probably deemed the right politcal cause... But if he were ONLY mad at U.S. political foriegn policy (yes, that implies that he solely hated our foriegn politics/policy) and this was the way in which he chose to rebuke that policy then he was just a coward. Too scared to go where his real heart lay and fight for them in their political and military system, and too afraid to give his whole heart to his country.

Ok so a Taliban soldier who decides to take out a few of his fellow freedom fighters with he grew up with a hand grenade because he secretly despises this twisted version of Islam is being treasonous?

You have a problem with that? Because everything you just wrote could be applied to an enemy combatant.

2,735 posts, read 2,466,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't see any "racism" on this thread.

I see a lot of people making educated guesses (because the news is coming out by the second) and stating the obvious.

When there is a gigantic pink elephant is sitting in the middle of the room are you going to ignore it and say it doesn't exist?
I do see it.
Its pretty much:
Arab/muslim are all bad, they are all terrorists and this incident shows it, and all Americans are nice people that would never harm anybody.
I can only hope that the 99% muslims that are peaceful, will not be attacked by some crazy rednecks today.

Someone here said "I dont trust anyone with an arabic name". That really reminds me of Nazi Germany, where Nazis didn't trust people with jewish names.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:44 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,981,120 times

Ill be honest: I wish Obama all the best, and I hope he succeeds...BUT, when I was watching this live, I was sitting there thinking "WTH is he doing? He's got a smirk on his face, he's shouting people out, and thanking members of his cabinet for arranging a Native American conference, at a time like this?!"..

Serious public relations gaffe imo.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:46 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,981,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Ok so a Taliban soldier who decides to take out a few of his fellow freedom fighters with he grew up with a hand grenade because he secretly despises this twisted version of Islam is being treasonous?

You have a problem with that? Because everything you just wrote could be applied to an enemy combatant.

Yes, he is...whats your point? lol...They may call him an infidel or whatever, but yeah thats treason. The definition doesnt change just because the person does.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:46 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,471,141 times
I didn't see anything wrong with the transition he made between the introduction he was given and the lead up to where he mentioned the shooting.

It's not Hollywood people, there's no...

Cut to: President at podium.

Obama: "Thank you Jim, for that introduction"

(Audience: Applause, Applause, Whistles from the audience)

Obama: "I have just been informed that there was a shooting at Ft. Hood".

(Audience: Gasps! Sounds of Shock and Awe!)

This isn't the way it's done in the real world I assure you it's not the Movies dictating to Reality, it's supposed to be the opposite and Obama handled it properly.

I'd like to see how some of you would react under pressure like that.

Bush gets a pass from me as well for 9/11 with the school children.

If you're not there you can't Monday Morning Quarterback how he should have handled any situation.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:48 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,282,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Ill be honest: I wish Obama all the best, and I hope he succeeds...BUT, when I was watching this live, I was sitting there thinking "WTH is he doing? He's got a smirk on his face, he's shouting people out, and thanking members of his cabinet for arranging a Native American conference, at a time like this?!"..

Serious public relations gaffe imo.
How horrified would people have been if the Principal of Columbine started the post shooting press conference with "How 'bout that football team, and little Billy, congrats on the National Merit Award, now, on to the tragic shootings..."

Old 11-05-2009, 04:48 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,944,602 times
Quote:
My best wishes to our solders and troops tonight as well as their families.

Be well.
Really The liberal voice...I hope you mean that...unlike our disgusting Commander in Chief...no matter what you think of Bush...I don't think Bush would have disrespected our military men like Obama did tonite!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:49 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,098,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I do see it.
Its pretty much:
Arab/muslim are all bad, they are all terrorists and this incident shows it, and all Americans are nice people that would never harm anybody.
I can only hope that the 99% muslims that are peaceful, will not be attacked by some crazy rednecks today.

Someone here said "I dont trust anyone with an arabic name". That really reminds me of Nazi Germany, where Nazis didn't trust people with jewish names.

Tha Nazis didn't distrust Jews they hated them and saw them as less than human. Muslims and Muslim converts should not be trusted. If they truely believe in Islam it is their duty to kill us. You can play patty-cake with them but I will steer clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies