Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 07:54 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
He is a disgrace. If Bush had done this, he would have been crucified by the press. What hypocrisy. Just pisses off the independents more and more...it is their own demise they are creating...

you are right and I want to hear this talked about in the press, I have heard NONE of them address this. Anyone heard a word about it on any network??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 07:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Americans are entitled to ALL rights that all other Americans are entitled to - including the right to serve our country - REGARDLESS OF RELIGION - THAT is what makes our country great. YOU are thinking like a Nazi, not an American.
Tell me how Nazis were so different. Or the Communists when we were fighting in Korea or Vietnam? How many Russian Communists were allowed into our military then?

Old 11-06-2009, 07:59 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
If Obama did something as simple as sneezing, the Obama-Haters, the Right Wing and Faux News would all go crazy talking about how irresponsible the man is and how he is trying to infect America with the Swine Flu.

To me, when the "We-Hate-Obama-Just-Because" crowd starts criticizing Obama out of pure stupidity, I know that the President is doing a great job.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
you are right and I want to hear this talked about in the press, I have heard NONE of them address this. Anyone heard a word about it on any network??
I think if the killer would have had a Bible in his hand and was a member of the NRA, the administration and it's lapdog media would have been all over that.

This one has to be kept hushed and downplayed until they can think up some good reasons the poor guy massacred all those people. He will soon be made the victim.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:01 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,673,997 times
I don't like Obama and did not vote for him but I think this is nit picky jumping on him for not being like Bill Clinton here. I was so sick of Clintion biting his lower lip and whimpering every time a scene called for a little emotion. Obama did not have all of the facts and expressed his disgust with the senseless act of violence. It was very early in the whole affair and even I cut him some slack on this one.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I don't like Obama and did not vote for him but I think this is nit picky jumping on him for not being like Bill Clinton here. I was so sick of Clintion biting his lower lip and whimpering every time a scene called for a little emotion. Obama did not have all of the facts and expressed his disgust with the senseless act of violence. It was very early in the whole affair and even I cut him some slack on this one.
In a way I do also -- the one thing I couldn't stand about Bill Clinton was his big shows and crocodile tears. At least Obama has some dignity but time will tell what his response really will be.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If Obama did something as simple as sneezing, the Obama-Haters, the Right Wing and Faux News would all go crazy talking about how irresponsible the man is and how he is trying to infect America with the Swine Flu.

To me, when the "We-Hate-Obama-Just-Because" crowd starts criticizing Obama out of pure stupidity, I know that the President is doing a great job.

Are there some that will find fault with everything he does? Yes but in my case no. I have given him credit for things when it was due but I can also call him out when I feel he does something off and to me this was off way off.

I think the correct statement should be is there nothing that he can do WRONG in the eyes of his sheep.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:13 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Are there some that will find fault with everything he does? Yes but in my case no. I have given him credit for things when it was due but I can also call him out when I feel he does something off and to me this was off way off.

I think the correct statement should be is there nothing that he can do WRONG in the eyes of his sheep.
Obama is not above reproach but many, especially here on C-D, criticize Obama ad nauseum. Actually to the point of ridiculousness.

The Obama-Haters "cry wolf" about our President day-in, day-out about the most stupid things that NO ONE will care what they have to say if and when there really is something that Obama should be criticized for doing.

ETA: by the way, it doesn't help that the same people who do ths are also the ones who "Pray for Obama's downfall"

Old 11-06-2009, 08:18 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
He is a disgrace. If Bush had done this, he would have been crucified by the press. What hypocrisy. Just pisses off the independents more and more...it is their own demise they are creating...
As long as you have brought up Bush's name and are comparing Obama's reaction to Bush's, here goes....Bush sat in a classroom as if he were a mannequin for way too many minutes before a reaction, after hearing the news that we were attacked on a grand scale. Bush was to busy helping McCain blow out b'day candles while New Orleans drowned. Bush with the help of his evil and self serving administration sent thousands of soldiers to their death based on a lie. What a stomach churning statement you make when dare to assume that Bush did not deserve any of the bashing that he has received. Demise you say? We had a criminal administration bring this country to its knees and then just ride off into the sunset without a thought to the devestation they had left behind!

Old 11-06-2009, 08:19 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,287,427 times
If you want to "cut Obama some slack" feel free to do so. For me, I expected Obama to make this bloodbath the central topic of his speech,...not an afterthought the way it appeared. On such a solemn occasion, I thought it improper for the Commander-in-Chief to open his remarks with lightheartedness.

To me the appearance was one of priorities: it appeared Obama made a concerted effort to relegate the military as a secondary topic to a mundane meeting which few Americans even knew was under way. Obama made himself appear somewhat foolish to millions watching his speech. "Experience",..exit stage left.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies