Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 07:46 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,554,725 times

Advertisements

One news anchor actually said she wished his name was Smith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 07:47 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,907,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
So, how much longer does the liberal media have to wait for "all the facts to come in" before they announce that Major Nidal Hasan is indeed a Muslim terrorist and, unfortunately for them, not a Christian white guy?

Poor Libs. Still can't handle the truth.
Do you realize that law enforcement officials commenting on the case are the ones cautioning to "wait for all of the facts to come in"? Yesterday's reports couldn't even manage to figure out if the shooter and the police officer who shot him were alive or dead. Perhaps a little more waiting for facts and a little less "I know what's going on because my gut tells me so" is not a bad thing.

I'm not a media fan, either, but c'mon now.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:49 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,470,455 times
Give Barry a break, no one had a chance to write something for him to say fast enough.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:50 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,219,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
worthless pile.
That's WPOS in military jargon.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,444,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What a ridiculous criticism. There is absolutely nothing he can do that you guys would accept as appropriate or correct.

Not true. Had he showed an ounce of emotion I would feel differently but there was nothing. What hit me the hardest was the "shout out" he gave when he first walked out very wrong IMO.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:52 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times
Quote:
What a ridiculous criticism. There is absolutely nothing he can do that you guys would accept as appropriate or correct.

none of my family nor friends that I knew personally were there, BUT as a fellow Americian I looked to the president to address us as a nation
about the complete horror that had happened
What did he do?? Acted like a frigging robot
it was a SIDE NOTE to his agenda as an Americian I am outraged at his
lack of care to these families who just had their family blown away
on our own soil, he did not even pretend to give a crap.
He is worst than a hack.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:52 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,554,725 times
Quote:
I already stated what i thought would have been appropriate or correct. I even gave credit towards former Bill Clinton that this is the type of situation in which the former president was the master. I don't like Clinton but even his worst enemies acknowledge his speaking skills in giving official statements.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:53 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,675,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I guess it was hatred of German Nazis -- a kind of racism that kept them out of our military back in those days.

Do you think in WWII it would have been the best thing to invite Nazis into the military as long as they were born in the USA? Being born here doesn't change a damn thing, some people have their allegience elsewhere. That doesn't always come with being born here or given all the benefits of this nation.
Americans are entitled to ALL rights that all other Americans are entitled to - including the right to serve our country - REGARDLESS OF RELIGION - THAT is what makes our country great. YOU are thinking like a Nazi, not an American.

People like him died for this country yet you shame their memory with you ignorance:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qjHDTh_jyIc/SPuvnsdI5uI/AAAAAAAAAH8/FqIeb9B0gp4/s400/MuslimSoldierHeadstone.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-06-2009, 07:53 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,219,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes and we can profile the medical profession, that's allowed, just don't mention the guy was an avid Muslim.
Well, if he was both Muslim AND a psychiatrist........

Old 11-06-2009, 07:54 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,752,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
One news anchor actually said she wished his name was Smith.
And that is not at all surprising. I'm sure what she didn't say but also wished is that he was some Fundamentalist Baptist or something and then the media could be all over the religious aspect. Or if he was a member of the NRA, then his motives could be questioned. But - his motives cannot be questioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies