Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 04:24 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'm sure that was the case. The guy killed these soldiers motivated by vengence for how the US treats Muslim Nations.

We bomb these countries, we kill their civilians, we occupy their countries, we support their dicatorships and monarchies, we make excuses for Israel's brutality, we break International Law, we torture suspected prisoners and then cover it all up.

Just today 22 CIA operatives were convicted in a Italian court in abstentia for kiddnapping and torture on an innocent man.

Violence begets violence. He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword.....These truths are timeless.
We do NOT maintain a military so that they can pet puppy dogs and spread rainbows. We maintain a military in the interest of our national defense. The military kills people and breaks things. That's their job. Get over it. You live in a mamby pamby country where it's all kumbaya and the bullies will find you.

And live by the sword die by the sword is not a universal, timeless "truth." Innocent people die every day. Bad guys who live by the sword go unpunished and run rampid.

Grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 04:25 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,633 times
How utterly sad, I pray for all the families affected by this. It is truly sickening the party hacks have turned it into a political debate, rather than another sad story in america.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:25 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
My hearts and prayers go out to the Food Hood victims and their families.

Sadly, eight years later, Ms Noonan was correct in her assessment.

Profiles Encouraged
Under the cirumstances, we must be wary of young Arab men.

Peggy Noonan - WSJ.com
The dead suspect is being described as a recent convert to Islam..no one has said he's an Arab at this point..

Old 11-05-2009, 04:26 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I agree with you on all points..however you quoted my comments about Religion/Culture...How do the political discrepancies by the U.S which you just highlighted, justify an attack by ONE OF US (an AMERICAN citizen serving the govt.), ON US?

If he were from one of those countries that we have mistreated, then perhaps his discontent could be understandable. But some faux-Islamic lunatic from Virginia!? ... please.
Well they are alot more serious than "poltical discrepencies" and there is no excuse for what he did. As there is no excuse for US actions in the Middle East.

If you lived next to a foul tempered next door neighbor.

Wouldn't you at the very least want to examine on your own actions to see if you were doing anything that was unfair towards him?

It's one thing if you're minding your own business and somebody attacks you.

It's quite another when you are contributing to the cycle of violence.

2,155 posts, read 4,582,338 times
This is so scary. They just showed footage of the area around the shooting when the sirens went off.

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Its been confirmed shooter was a doctor (psychiatrist) active duty - as said before docs can go in as Majors right when they enlist and he was scheduled to be deployed to Iraq.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'm sure that was the case. The guy killed these soldiers motivated by vengence for how the US treats Muslim Nations.

We bomb these countries, we kill their civilians, we occupy their countries, we support their dicatorships and monarchies, we make excuses for Israel's brutality, we break International Law, we torture suspected prisoners and then cover it all up.

Just today 22 CIA operatives were convicted in a Italian court in abstentia for kiddnapping and torture on an innocent man.

Violence begets violence. He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword.....These truths are timeless.
Sounds just like those who justify the 9/11 attacks.
Why would an apologist for such terrorists want to continue to live in the US?

Old 11-05-2009, 04:29 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Hang in there Diva. I'll pray for them and for all the other troops there. Let us know if they are okay.
Thanks LML. The boys--I will always think of them that way even though they are soldiers--are fine. I just talked to my mom, who they are still close to. They called to check in. No more info because they had dozens of calls to make.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:29 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
We do NOT maintain a military so that they can pet puppy dogs and spread rainbows. We maintain a military in the interest of our national defense. The military kills people and breaks things. That's their job. Get over it. You live in a mamby pamby country where it's all kumbaya and the bullies will find you.

And live by the sword die by the sword is not a universal, timeless "truth." Innocent people die every day. Bad guys who live by the sword go unpunished and run rampid.

Grow up.
I have grown up Pops....and I'm wise enough to know War is stupid and we need to keep our nose out other Nation's business.

If we did that threats to our Nation would almost be non existent.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:30 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
It is reported he is from Jordan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies