Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 03:40 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
That's funny, you should ask yourself the same question.
I did. And I absolutely cannot determine a person's motive for doing something strictly based on looking at his/her name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 03:42 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I did. And I absolutely cannot determine a person's motive for doing something strictly based on looking at his/her name.
I heard the following on the news:

-he had converted to Islam

-he was considerably upset with being deployed

Old 11-05-2009, 03:43 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
My dear God can you PLEASE give it a rest??????????? There are a lot of us parents, husbands, wives, siblings, children out here who are hanging by a thread and you turn it into a partisan dig? What in the world is your heart made of?
Sending nothing but good thoughts your way LML. Hang in there.

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
You can play that politically correct garbage all you want.

This country should have been 100% NON-P.C. for the past 20 years here and 9/11 wouldn't have ever happened, and our southern border would be tighter.

Till I hear that he wasn't a muslim convert, or immigrant who enlisted to attack and kill Americans I'm going to assume he's a radical muslim until it's reported on all the news outlets that he was a christian missionary before he enlisted in the national guard.

1,796 posts, read 1,662,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
This is absolutely killing for those of us who have family in the service and for those of us with family stationed there or at nearby bases it is beyond horror. Bases all over Texas in lock down. Has anyone heard if bases in other areas are also in lockdown? Please pray for the troops and their families. God help us all.
Will you guys please listen to LML? For some of us, this issue is not political. It is quite literally life and death--I personally know someone who may have been killed. (He's stationed there).

Old 11-05-2009, 03:44 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Absolutely.

If it was John Smith I wouldn't immediately think he's a closeted radical islamist.

The fact that the bozo had accomplices means they were conspiring.
Well, you might be totally wrong in your "immediate" thinking. I agree that there having been three people involved rather than one person means probably that there was a conspiracy. I find it interesting that the other two people are being called "suspects" by the Army ......do they know for sure whether or not the other two were in fact shooting?

How about the name Billy Bob Smith? Or Abraham Lincoln Jones?

Do you have an immediate negative bias toward people with Middle Eastern names?

Did you ever think that maybe some militia guys went nuts and tried to start the "revolution"?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Good grief
how horrific, our own brave military shot down
12 dead, 31 wounded!!
just watched Obama come out to speak and what the hell does he do first??
Smile and wave and talk about his stupid agenda
what a frigging hack
finally he talks about what happened, think he gives a ****?
because he already was planning to speak to that group. That was the reason he was there. He addressed the group first, then spoke on this awful event that he probably knew very little about because it just happened.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:46 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
All over this country there are cars pulling up in front of homes where people will be afraid to answer the door because they know that when they do their worst fears will be realized and their world will be turned upside down forever. There are people sitting by their phones shaking....praying for them to ring and yet afraid of them ringing. The sick, empty feeling in the pit of the stomachs of those waiting to hear is something that you can not imagine until you experience it. Can we all just pray for these people right now. Can we just realize that, right now, Army families don't give a darn about Obama OR the democrats and republicans. All they care about is their family. We can all go back to partisian politics later. Right now, let's just remember that these troops are ALL of ours.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:47 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I think Obama should have spent 20 minutes reading a book to kindergartners like Bush did on 9/11
The 20 minutes was after the first plane hit the tower, it was thought to have been an accident. When the second plane hit he left shortly as to not scare the children.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:47 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I heard the following on the news:

-he had converted to Islam

-he was considerably upset with being deployed
And why would a Muslim enlist in the military (or convert to Islam when in the military) knowing they would be going to be deployed for duty?

I'll give you some ideas -

1. They're going after our men to convert them and use them against us.
2. Subversives use a tactic to destroy from the inside.
3. He was brainwashed into believing the war is over ISLAM.

Does it make sense to you at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies