Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:58 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

How about addressing her as "soldier" , "officer"( I believe she's a Police Officer).

"Young man" and "Young lady" are not equivalent.

"Young man" and "Young woman" are equivalent and anyone woman who takes offense at being called a woman has her head screwed on wrong.....it is NOT an insult despite what society tells you.
I've seen women take offense to female, woman, lady, not having gender mentioned...etc. Depends on the person I guess.

In the context..."young lady" was fine, he would have referred to a male as "young man" in the same context. The only way I'd see a problem with it is if he said something like "female officer" or "lady officer"... in a context where he would just refer to a male as "officer".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 06:19 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,050,809 times
Those women hating islamofascists cheering this murderous palestinian terrorist wannabe will be ripping out their beards when they hear a woman took him down.
God bless her for stopping that rampage and a speedy recovery to her and all the wounded. God bless the victims families as well.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:34 AM

843 posts, read 1,297,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You're assuming that this was a rational act on his part. Do we know that to be a fact?
I bet you a million bucks this guy was on some type of meds for depression. Seems like almost every time something like this happens that is the case. But we'll just ignore that and this stuff will happen again in the future.

Oh well, as long as the people that make the drugs donate some of the profits to Congressional campaigns.

Also, why do't they allow people on an Army post to carry weapons? Never could figure that one out.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:55 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,193,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
In the midst of the murderous gunfire that sent soldiers at Fort Hood scattering, it was a civilian mother of two who ran towards the gunfire, taking down the shooter in a close range gunbattle that left both wounded.

Sgt. Kimberly Munley, who lives in Killeen, Texas, has been hailed a hero by Fort Hood base commander Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, who credited her today with bringing the massacre to an end and saving an untold number of lives.

Fort Hood Officer Kimberly Munley Hailed as Massacre Hero - ABC News

The military needs to go back to the .45 and get rid of that dinky little 9mm. instead of having him wounded, he would be going into the ground instead.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:57 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
The military needs to go back to the .45 and get rid of that dinky little 9mm. instead of having him wounded, he would be going into the ground instead.
That would keep girls out of action for their inability to handle a man-sized kick.

Well, maybe the girls could use 9mm and the guys, .45.

Course, Sgt. Munley would have lost the fire-fight against Hasan if that policy had been in place.

Last edited by ergohead; 11-08-2009 at 11:31 AM..

Old 11-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
I bet you a million bucks this guy was on some type of meds for depression. Seems like almost every time something like this happens that is the case. But we'll just ignore that and this stuff will happen again in the future.
Do not - I repeat - Do not incriminate Big Pharma!

You are messing with something much bigger than you know.

Do you know what's going to happen to the stock value of the Pharmy making the drug the good Major was ON at the time of the attack?

Pharma is Allah!

Allah is great!

Pharma is great!

Now, everyone cover your as* with me, and repeat.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:01 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,581,822 times
News,

Alleged Fort Hood Shooter Frequented Local Strip Club

KILLEEN, Texas — The Army psychiatrist authorities say killed 13 people and wounded 29 others at the Fort Hood Army Base Thursday was a recent and frequent customer at a local strip club, employees of the club told FoxNews.com exclusively.

Alleged Fort Hood Shooter Frequented Local Strip Club - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Old 11-10-2009, 11:39 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
That would keep girls out of action for their inability to handle a man-sized kick.

Well, maybe the girls could use 9mm and the guys, .45.

Course, Sgt. Munley would have lost the fire-fight against Hasan if that policy had been in place.
Oooooh, sounds like it really bothers you that a WOMAN, (NOT a girl), was the hero of the day.

She STOPPED him.

So she didn't kill him!

A. he's suffering

B. He can stand trial and pay the consequences.

C. He wanted to die and he did not get his way.

D. NOT all women are as wimpy as YOU would like to think. Haha!

Old 11-10-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oooooh, sounds like it really bothers you that a WOMAN, (NOT a girl), was the hero of the day.

She STOPPED him.

So she didn't kill him!

A. he's suffering

B. He can stand trial and pay the consequences.

C. He wanted to die and he did not get his way.

D. NOT all women are as wimpy as YOU would like to think. Haha!
He was cool and calm as a cucumber after his exchange with the girl.

http://www.policeone.com/active-shoo...-Hood-shooter/

Old 11-10-2009, 01:52 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
In my opinion, a rational society doesn't make decisions based on vengeful emotions.

what do you suggest should happen to folks that rape, murder, molest?
give me a frigging break
my daughter was raped repetedly at gun point for hours by a man who had just raped another woman the week before
good grief
people that think there should be no form of justice, fine, take them all with yourselves and go live somewhere else as a big happy group
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies