Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:19 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
HA HA HA! Left wingers are more about substance than fluff? Ha ha ha! You have got to be kidding. I thnk you will find all you groupies among the left wingers! I don't know how many videos I saw of people that voted for hussein obama because they thought he was cute yet didn't know a darn thing about his policies.

Oh, I thought you were talking about Palin. My mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 01:38 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric#1 View Post
Wierd she isn't doing Keith Olbermans show - isn't that what we expect folks to do? - interviews by those that obviously have a different point of view and direct their questions and commentary in such a manner..
Kind of like Obama did, when he went on Fox. Oh yeah......

Old 11-08-2009, 06:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Kind of like Obama did, when he went on Fox. Oh yeah......
I sure many of the posters don't even realize Obama was on O'Reilly and O'reilly didn't hit him very hard at all..

Nita

Old 11-09-2009, 03:31 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
LOLs. My IQ is 156 and it took me ten years and 3 schools to get an undergrad degree. I know scores of people that did the same.

From your post I wonder if you really worked in higher education.

I am not doubting the IQ of anyone here. I was asked why I thought what I did. As I said there are different reasons for schooling to take a long time. The part that is telling is going from a 4 year school to a two year school and back. IF you are thinking about a grad school or med school (which most of my students were) this would be a black mark on your record and ANYONE that sits on the admission board of a med school will tell you this. Your example of taking a long time also happened to some of our strong students. Financially they couldn't afford to go full time or they got married and had kids midway through. Or like some of the kids I advised, they needed to go home and take care of their siblings every weekend.

Yes, I have been working in higher education since 1992. Most of my experience comes from advising in the biological sciences with majors that focused on neuroscience, genetics, pharmacology, microbiology, and biochemistry.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Default Bill O'Reilly to Do A Three Part Interview With Sarah Palin Next Week

Will Bill ask Sarah penetrating questions?

Old 11-09-2009, 03:38 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
I found most college advisors to be total dumbasses.
I was not a college advisor, I was a departmental advisor. Department advisors are the ones who help you figure out how to get through your major, find faculty to work with doing research, go over your progress, clear you for graduation, and spend a huge amount of time on the bottom 20% that couldn't pass their classes to save their lives. We were the ones who would work with the students to figure out how many grade points they needed to graduate (if someone was 2.8 grade points below the required C average to graduate, they needed a 4 unit B-). Stuff like that.

Perhaps you thought your advisor was a dumbass because you weren't asking the right person the questions. Here a college advisor does the GE advising and the departmental advisors do the major advising.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i sure many of the posters don't even realize obama was on o'reilly and o'reilly didn't hit him very hard at all..

Nita
O'Reilly didn't even powder puff Obama.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:39 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Would love to see how she does with someone like Charlie Rose.
Charlie Rose doesn't know how to ask tough questions like Reilly.
The Factor is the greatest cable news show period!

Old 11-09-2009, 03:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Charlie Rose doesn't know how to ask tough questions like Reilly.
The Factor is the greatest cable news show period!
I can't stand O'Reilly except on the nights Beck is on with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies