Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 07:40 PM

433 posts, read 460,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie Flowers View Post
I definitely don't think it's fair for people of Muslim religion continuously apologize for someone elses, who they have no other connection to besides their religion, actions.
I've not heard or read calls for apologies, only calls for good Muslims to stand up and attack the behavior of extremists as evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie Flowers View Post
It's sad that we have to see SO many double standards when instances like these happen. What about Timothy Mcveigh? Columbine Highschool shooters? They were all White and yet they aren't criticized for anything except leaving a mental illness untreated. Because they are White who happen to be Christians or raised around Christians, they get no other kind of slack. It's a complete double standard when you see someone who is of a different race and religion disgruntled, violent action's get correlated with their race and/or religion. It's not fair at all.
Don't know what your info sources are but the names you mentioned were roundly castigated, blamed and attacked for their evil behavior by the vast majority of news programs as well as the general public. Sure there were some leftists who blamed society for the acts but that wasn't the mainstream viewpoint.
So I see no double standard, attack evil behavior whether it is white/black/green/Muslim/Christian- and don't accept excuses from those who fail to to so.

Dano
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 10:13 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoTex View Post
So you have a cite to demonstrate there is a Christian doctrine teaches that these acts are acceptable? IMO what you're referring to is animism coupled with missionary taught Christianity. I don't think there's any teaching of burning witches or female genital mutilation from the Christian side.

Dano
For witch burning/shuning: You have that right in the bible Exodus 22:18, and Deuteronomy 18:10-12. Additionally, Ethiopia was not taught Christianity by missionaries in the way you think it has been Christian since 331 AD. It was Christian long before most of Europe was. Like I said it is easy to say "that's an African Problem" or "Not Real Christianity" then to man up to the crazies in your own religion.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:15 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Unfortunately it does, it is just dismissed as "an African problem" or "not real Christianity".

Some of the countries with the highest rates of female genital mutilation, (Kenya and Ethiopia) have vast christian majorities.

As to honor killing, intensely Evangelical southern Nigeria, has a vast population of children that have been abandoned or killed by their families, because their families viewed them as witches, and therefore a threat to the community. This is in addition to the witch burnings of adults which occur with a high frequency in that region.

Of course you will just dismiss them as not being "real Christians," because it is easier to do that then man up to the crazies in your own religion.
1. Show me your documentation....

2. Even if you have documentation, Funny you had to go waaaaaaaaaaay over some pretty primitve third world cultures to find it!!

3. How 'bout Muslims (not Christians) are doing it all over the friggin' globe!!!?? Here in American you have honor killings and it's not by Christians!

And no!! You are not a Christian if you murder your child for any reason!! Especially for something as stupid as attire!!

Old 11-07-2009, 10:15 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,248,735 times
To the OP. Live and let live. We are all one people, no matter what faith one may have.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:30 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
1. Show me your documentation....

2. Even if you have documentation, Funny you had to go waaaaaaaaaaay over some pretty primitve third world cultures to find it!!

3. How 'bout Muslims (not Christians) are doing it all over the friggin' globe!!!?? Here in American you have honor killings and it's not by Christians!

And no!! You are not a Christian if you murder your child for any reason!! Especially for something as stupid as attire!!
1. You want documentation fine. Here a link to documentary on the subject and a video of a Nigerian witch burning (warning the latter is quite graphic).
Dispatches - Saving Africa's Witch Children - Channel 4
http://www.liveleak.com/item?a=view&...ab5_1237210736

2. You head on off to Africa and the Middle East to find your genital mutilation video, I just took another part of that area where female genital mutilation is very common that happens to be "Christian", to show "Christians" do it. As to documentation here is a link to a map of the Frequency of genital mutilation as you can see Ethiopia, happens to be among the places it is most likely to occur. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting. Furthermore this source http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6251426.stm, claims that in Egypt Female genital mutilation is common in both the Christian and Muslim communities.

3. I do not like Islam any better then I like Christianity. As to Christian terrorists in the United States there is Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolph, Scott Roeder and so on and so forth.

4. It really is easier to not own up to the crazies in your religion then to actually do something about it isn't it.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 11-07-2009 at 10:39 PM..

Old 11-08-2009, 04:36 AM

433 posts, read 460,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
For witch burning/shuning: You have that right in the bible Exodus 22:18, and Deuteronomy 18:10-12. Additionally, Ethiopia was not taught Christianity by missionaries in the way you think it has been Christian since 331 AD. It was Christian long before most of Europe was. Like I said it is easy to say "that's an African Problem" or "Not Real Christianity" then to man up to the crazies in your own religion.
Random indeed! 'Crazies' are a condition of humanity thereby crossing all lines of religion, gender, nationality, or racial origin. To deny there are 'crazies' in any religion is to deny humanity; the insanity is not necessarily coupled with the category. There is nothing in the verses cited about the issues in your OP. You have provided nothing to support your OP.

Extract from your post:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent
Unfortunately it does, it is just dismissed as "an African problem" or "not real Christianity".

Some of the countries with the highest rates of female genital mutilation, (Kenya and Ethiopia) have vast christian majorities.

As to honor killing, intensely Evangelical southern Nigeria, has a vast population of children that have been abandoned or killed by their families, because their families viewed them as witches, and therefore a threat to the community. This is in addition to the witch burnings of adults which occur with a high frequency in that region.

Of course you will just dismiss them as not being "real Christians," because it is easier to do that then man up to the crazies in your own religion.

My question in response:
"So you have a cite to demonstrate there is a Christian doctrine teaches that these acts are acceptable?"

Dano

Old 11-08-2009, 05:24 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Quote:
What are your feelings about muslims in USA ?

the same as every other cult in the country. I personally think all cults should be illegal, although you'd think most people wouldn't be dumb enough to fall for one in the first place.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:29 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
I'd like to see Muslims stigmitized to where they do not feel comfortable being here and leave of their own accord.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:43 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
The situation to consider is, if push comes to shove......will all these peaceful, regular-citizen-type Muslims choose to stand behind the precepts of the religion (to eliminate infidels) or this country?
It doesn't require extremists ...just the ultimately faithful

Old 11-08-2009, 05:46 AM

555 posts, read 2,212,397 times
I don't have a problem with muslims here. People are people. The problem is why did the army not see this coming? What were they afraid of? Maybe the problem is fear of lawsuits based on a person's civil rights that trumps common sense. This guy had unnerved some of his coworkers with his talk. They should have discharged anyone with that kind of attitude from the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies