Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 11:50 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You know what, I'd much rather have my tax dollars go to someone who made a mistake, admits it and now wants help, than to someone like you who can only whine and p*ss and moan about how cruel the world is to you, how you didn't cause any of your own problems (what a lie that is!), and how unfair it is that somebody else is getting help while you have to wait your fair turn in line.

So, getting stabbed in the back when I was less then ten years old for telling an addict who was raising me that I was hungry is "my fault"? You are no better then those radical Muslims who say scantly clad women deserve to be raped.

Anyway, as I said, people make mistakes for themselves, and they should pay for it themselves. You make your bed, you lay in it. It is, no matter who the person is, be it a smart underprivileged kid who cannot afford college or someone born with a disability, unfair to make them pay for problems that they did nothing to ask for, and hence, personal responsibility does not apply.

Allow those who want to destroy themselves through their own behaviour to do so while help those who seek to help themselves out of situations that are not the product of anything they started to do themselves. That simple. That consistent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 11:52 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,558 times
Sounds like you have misplaced your anger towards your mom on all addicts in general.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So every addict is a crackhead and everyone who feels compassion for the suffering of others (other than you, that is) is a liberal.

Every addict is a "crackhead" in the sense that they are waste of perfectly good oxygen, yes, and no, there is nothing wrong with feeling or acting on compassion, HOWEVER, helping someone who does not want to help themselves (i.e., an "intervention") is not compassion. Let them have their wish: if they wish to destroy themselves, allow them to. Person freedom and personal responsibility.

Quote:
Little boy, you need to get over yourself.
Everyone else is over you.
So, when you can't argue against the substance, attack the person making the argument. Okay...

Quote:
What about George Bush and Rush Limbaugh?
They're addicts.
George Bush is a worthless neo-fascist chimpanzee who was the worst president in the last fifty years and Rush Limbaugh is a four hundred pound crackhead who needs to get on a treadmill and shut up. Why are you changing the subject by bringing up two people who have nothing to do with the debate?

Old 11-17-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
So true, how can the OP not see that all he is doing is blaming others for his current predicament. Life is NOT black or white, not all situations regarding addicts are the same.
The ones I am talking about: crackheads and drug addicts, are clearly black and white

Quote:
OP, you asked for an example where an addict did not have a choice, and I gave you one, two actually but you chose to ignore it. What about people who are put on large doses of pain medication after an accident or injury and then find themselves dependent or even addicted?
I already said, things like painkillers or alcohol, which can turn into an addiction without anyone noticing it, are one thing, and I can see allowing someone to go to recovery ONE time (but not the endless relapses) but, why the heck would someone start doing crack or meth? Anyone stupid enough to start doing crack or meth should be allowed to die, preferably before they have children so as not to spread their stupid genes onto the next generation.

It's evolution.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:29 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Yeah, that attack 18 years ago is not what ails you now.
You don't want to hear the horror stories of others, nope, yours are worse.
Did you bother to look at the links about child abuse and murders that I posted?
Or wouldn't you be able to feel sorry for yourself if you looked at the pain others suffer.

You're a generic abused person who didn't grow up.
You choose to live and wallow in pain.
You make a choice every day to be angry and blame others for your life.

Grow up.
Or, you can do the alternative, push everyone you know out of your life.
Then you can blame them for not understanding you.

You poor baby.
Not.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:59 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,673,031 times
Quote:
Oh yes, everyone should die because you don't like how they live.
How wonderful!
What if your sister, brother, parent, cousin was that person.
Want them to die, too?
It has nothing to do with me not liking how they live...it's about ELECTIVELY CHOOSING to take part in activities that are known to likely result in one becoming a low functioning non contributing member of society.

Its like electively walking away from from a 100k job and expecting welfare.

Remember- It's not what your country can do for you...its what YOU can do for your country (or are you not familiar with that?) Anyway if the answer is nothing than why have them hang around? Its like having employees around the workplace when they aren't doing their job...They have no place there.

To answer your question...yes and no

I don't WANT anyone to die.

I want people to help themselves. If they choose not to do so...it was their choice. If someone in my family was in that situation due to poor decisions YES I would absolutely include them. I think it's vile that able bodied people CHOOSE to make themselves sick. I would be totally be a hypocrite otherwise. My point is if you can't pull your own weight we don't need you dragging others down PERIOD. I have no desire for addicts in my life and that would obviously include family.

Last edited by SoHoVe; 11-17-2009 at 08:29 PM..

Old 11-18-2009, 01:42 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Gee, it would be nice if everyone were as well adjusted, motivated and intelligent as you.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:17 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,673,031 times
Quote:
Gee, it would be nice if everyone were as well adjusted, motivated and intelligent as you.
I actually agree with you on that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies