Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:20 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,106,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't believe it's the mother that's the lowlife here, I guess this is the GOP showing their so-called 'values'

To the Democrat, the innocent unborn child is the lowlife and that is the other person in that "belly kicking" equation according to that sick post

The Dems once again show their "caring" side
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You're horribly misinformed, murder is illegal, abortion is not. Capisce?

It seems that murder is legal in America since abortion is legal. The sad thing is that the innocent are murdered here while the left cares so much about the dregs of society like murderers, and gang members

Seems pretty twisted if you ask many people

Old 11-09-2009, 06:26 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,446,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The topic isnt about abortion.

Start your own thread to discuss abortion, lord knows there hasnt been enough of them here..

Oh yeah because I am the ONLY person in this thread that said something about it. Did you scold all of them? Hmmmmmmmmm?

Old 11-09-2009, 06:34 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,906,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
It seems that murder is legal in America since abortion is legal. The sad thing is that the innocent are murdered here while the left cares so much about the dregs of society like murderers, and gang members

Seems pretty twisted if you ask many people
Do you listen to that guy Ann Coulter?
According to him, single parent children are more likely to become criminals.

Out of curiosity, have you looked at any studies on the subject?

How often does the single mother struggle financially?
Do their kids often end up in jail? Or in college? Compared to 2-parent homes.
What happens to the mother? How often does she become successful, comfortable or go bankrupt, compared to 2-parent homes.

I have the impression the right doesn't care about those numbers at all.
And I cannot understand how that perspective makes any sense.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post

How often does the single mother struggle financially?
Do their kids often end up in jail? Or in college? Compared to 2-parent homes.
What happens to the mother? How often does she become successful, comfortable or go bankrupt, compared to 2-parent homes.

I have the impression the right doesn't care about those numbers at all.
And I cannot understand how that perspective makes any sense.

Adoption works

Personal responsibility works

Seems you are jealous of Coulter, that pretty lady

Old 11-09-2009, 06:41 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,196,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Oh yeah because I am the ONLY person in this thread that said something about it. Did you scold all of them? Hmmmmmmmmm?
Ahhh, I scholded the first two both in the same reply. Are you feeling a little targeted over your off topic remarks?

Old 11-09-2009, 06:44 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,981,993 times
Here's a wild idea..pick a responsible father who actually marries the mother and wishes to be in the kid's life. That way, the family wont be eligible for welfare in the first place.

69,368 posts, read 64,196,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post

ooh look, its Comp needing someone else to do his homework again for him.

Relationship Between the Welfare State and Crime

First, children from single-parent families are more likely to become involved in criminal activity. According to one study, children raised in single-parent families are one-third more likely to exhibit anti-social behavior.(3) Moreover, O'Neill found that, holding other variables constant, black children from single- parent households are twice as likely to commit crimes as black children from a family where the father is present. Nearly 70 percent of juveniles in state reform institutions come from fatherless homes, as do 43 percent of prison inmates.(4) Research indicates a direct correlation between crime rates and the number of single-parent families in a neighborhood.(5)

I know, you'll come back and pretend this doesnt confirm Ann Coulters response just like everything else you respond to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Adoption works

Personal responsibility works

Seems you are jealous of Coulter, that pretty lady
He's a pretty man, but I'm not jealous of him.
I would NEVER do what he does - I don't have the stomach to be that much of a lying a$$hole.

So you've read studies about the lives of adopted children then, maybe?
I've known a few adopted children, and they had rougher childhoods than many of the children I grew up with. I don't know if that is the norm.

If adopted children became criminals 4x as often (not a real number), would that make you hesitate?

Or are you ignoring the life completely.
Would you care if adoption hurts the mother long-term and often leads to a bad life for the child?

I haven't seen those numbers discussed very often when talking about abortion.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
ooh look, its Comp needing someone else to do his homework again for him.

Relationship Between the Welfare State and Crime

First, children from single-parent families are more likely to become involved in criminal activity. According to one study, children raised in single-parent families are one-third more likely to exhibit anti-social behavior.(3) Moreover, O'Neill found that, holding other variables constant, black children from single- parent households are twice as likely to commit crimes as black children from a family where the father is present. Nearly 70 percent of juveniles in state reform institutions come from fatherless homes, as do 43 percent of prison inmates.(4) Research indicates a direct correlation between crime rates and the number of single-parent families in a neighborhood.(5)

I know, you'll come back and pretend this doesnt confirm Ann Coulters response just like everything else you respond to..
Lol, I would love to know where you thought I was disagreeing with Mr. Coulter.
I know its not your strong suit, but try reading.
Go slower, you are missing a lot of words and meaning, as is your habit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies