Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 04:36 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats one of the worse spin jobs I've ever heard in my life.. I dont see you complaining about the illegal aliens who also use these, or the poor who also use these, or those who simply dont pay taxes..

Just religious groups.. As an agnostic, I find your attachment and hate against religious groups really sad..

IF you'd bothered to actually read my original post you might possibly understand I was merely trying to make the point that living in the US carries certain costs, such as our own personal tax $$$ sometimes paying for things we don't believe in. Then again that's probably too difficult a concept for your tunnel vision to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 04:49 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Tim Holden( D Pa) voted against it. A blue dog democrat, he's one of the few free willed democrats still around.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF you'd bothered to actually read my original post you might possibly understand I was merely trying to make the point that living in the US carries certain costs, such as our own personal tax $$$ sometimes paying for things we don't believe in.
Lets review your ORIGINAL post, the very first one here..
Quote:
I want Corporate America and leeches like Iraq removed from US welfare rolls.
Nope, doesnt say anything about having costs while living in america. In fact it seems that you wanted to remove those costs...
oooh, you didnt mean you first post on cd, you meant here on the thread. Lets review that one also for your living in the US carries certain costs argument..
Quote:
Birth control fails and a woman should be told she's on her own but if someone CHOOSES to develop a heart condition by smoking, being 50 lbs overweight, not exercising, etc. the taxpayers should fund the treatment necessitated by those CHOICES?
Nope.. in fact you tried to argue FOR more costs, not as an american, but because of CHOICES..

And all of this because you went off on a tangent against "tax payers funding religious organizations" which if true, would actually dispute your own posting about an acceptable cost of just living here, but you didnt. Your tangent was against those costs.
Quote:
Then again that's probably too difficult a concept for your tunnel vision to see.
If you cant even keep your own story straight, why would you expect a reader to?

Old 11-09-2009, 05:08 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
I don't want people who are completely on public insurance to get abortions on public funds, unless it is a medical need for it.

However, if someone is using their own money, to pay for a government sponsered insurance then they should be able to get whatever procedure it covers.

Personally, I think that if you are on the "public option" then you should have to be sterilized. Obviously you can't afford your own needs, so you don't need to be having children either.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:20 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Lets review your ORIGINAL post, the very first one here...

<SNIP>

If you cant even keep your own story straight, why would you expect a reader to?
As is the norm from you more spin than a Tilt-A-Whirl and no substance.

Let's review what prompted your inane question of how religious groupd benefit from our tax $$$.

In response to someone who said they didn't want their tax $$$ to pay for abortions I responded:

I don't want my tax dollars providing services for tax free religious groups, it's the price of living in the US, abortion shouldn't be treated any differently than any other legal medical procedure.

If you're incapable of following such a simple sequence it's your problem, not mine.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:22 PM

403 posts, read 535,014 times
i think the gov't should only fund abortions in situations that are considered a medical emergency or in the case of rape.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
In response to someone who said they didn't want their tax $$$ to pay for abortions I responded:

I don't want my tax dollars providing services for tax free religious groups, it's the price of living in the US, abortion shouldn't be treated any differently than any other legal medical procedure.
I know, and I SAID..
Quote:
What tax money goes to pay for religious groups?
And you replied..
Quote:
Uh, where do you think the $$$ comes from that pays for things like water mains, sewer pipes, police, fire protection where there are paid departments, subsidizing mail service, etc., etc., etc.......? And we all pay additional $$$ to make up for the tax $$$ NOT paid on church/temple/mosque owned properties.
Which does NOT answer the question even if you pretend it does..

NO ONE who is a "non profit" pays for these, companies setup "for profit" but dont generate any, dont pay taxes, charities dont, individuals who dont earn enough to "pay" dont, I dont hear you bemoaning these groups.. Why didnt you bemoan the United Way for example, or hell, I dont see you bemoaning the fire department who actually uses police protection. This completely ignores the fact that water mains, sewer pipes and mail service isnt taxper funded at all.. They are fees for services..

And while we're at it..
Quote:
it's the price of living in the US, abortion shouldn't be treated any differently than any other legal medical procedure.
I dont want my tax money being used for ANY medical procedures...
Quote:
If you're incapable of following such a simple sequence it's your problem, not mine.
Maybe you can reply now intelligently after I've expanded the "sequence" for you..

Old 11-09-2009, 05:35 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Yesterday, 65 of Pelosi's Democrats turned their backs on Women by allowing strict abortion clauses to be written into the Pelosi bill ... I will never be a Democrat.
So, BigSky will not fit under BigTent????

Old 11-09-2009, 05:39 PM

403 posts, read 535,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Personally, I think that if you are on the "public option" then you should have to be sterilized. Obviously you can't afford your own needs, so you don't need to be having children either.
that's just more waste of money.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:16 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
I'm not going to sit here and babysit you and go through 1,000 youtube videos. If you want to ignore that the Rules of Order were ignored, thats your problem. It seems that you guys are always excusing breaking laws/rules.

Similar actions were taken during the "spy bill" debate, you can go find videos that suit your preference, but you obviously dont watch CSPAN. Please read up on the "Rules of Order" before responding because thats EXACTLY what you are supposed to do.

Once a motion is made, you cant interupt until the motion is resolved. The Democrats not only interrupted the motion, they ignored the motion and went onto a Democratic speaker without resolving it which violates the rules. The ONLY possible thing to do is demand that the motion be resolved before continuing because not doing so is a violation of the rules..
So we have proof here.
But you are too busy to find proof backing up your own statements.

In other words, you came up empty again.
Shocking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies