Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:56 PM

9 posts, read 28,266 times

Advertisements

Does anyone find it odd that People on death row and in prison with no hopes of ever coming home have the right to marry and gays dont??.. Arent they the ones who did something to harm society and have their freedom taking away?? So how is it that they have more rights than homosexuals on the streets that are law abiding, tax paying citizens??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 07:58 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
You act as if getting married is the only right that exists in the world.

You, as a free individual, have more rights than a death row inmate. This is a fact.

Spare us the hyperbole, please.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
they also have the right to heat, water, 3 meals a day, free cable, internet access, and even healthcare.. Whats your point?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 PM

9 posts, read 28,266 times
My point is that society acts as if homosexuals being married is the end of the world.. It is a right that we have to actually fight for and yet because a man is straight although he may have raped 50 woman or murdered a whole family or whatever the case is.. he has the right to marry and even produce children he will never be home to take care of.. I am simply making the point that we in the lgbt community are treated as if we and our "lifestyle" is the crime of the century.
May not make a whole lot of sense to those of you who get to marry who you choose.. But to some like myself that are in love and denied that right its something to think about!!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:33 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,032,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdiamond View Post
My point is that society acts as if homosexuals being married is the end of the world.. It is a right that we have to actually fight for and yet because a man is straight although he may have raped 50 woman or murdered a whole family or whatever the case is.. he has the right to marry and even produce children he will never be home to take care of.. I am simply making the point that we in the lgbt community are treated as if we and our "lifestyle" is the crime of the century.
May not make a whole lot of sense to those of you who get to marry who you choose.. But to some like myself that are in love and denied that right its something to think about!!
just keep voting democrate and you to will get to enjoy all the prevliges of a death row inmate.how exciting i am so happy for you

Old 11-09-2009, 08:44 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdiamond View Post

They have one right that you don't have and you have many many rights they don't have.

Very few prisons in this country allow conjugal visits, and none of them allow them for death row inmates, so, I am not sure where you get the produce children.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
They have one right that you don't have and you have many many rights they don't have.
Actually thats not even true. Gays on death row still cant marry other gays, which is what makes the op's argument totally flawed

Old 11-09-2009, 08:49 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,581 times
Since the begining of time men marry women. Not men marring men. The majority of people want it to remain that way so get use to it and enjoy your lifestyle. When you become the majority maybe you will get your wish.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:35 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Oh, jeez......not another gay marriage thread.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:50 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Oh, jeez......not another gay marriage thread.

3rd or 4th one started by this poster.

They are having trouble with Maine now ending the sick marriage act and this poster knows the majority will vote it down over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies