Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 02:31 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Sounds alot like something the prior President would say.
I wonder how that makes the non believers on the left feel.
Non-believers in what, God? Surely you dont believe non-believers in God are only on the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Please..it only took him how many days to go there?? Bush and his wife were there Friday night consoling the victims..our great Commander-in-Chief sure can rush to hop a plane to Europe to try and get the Olympics for his cronies in gangster town..but can't seem to find the time to go to Germany and celebrate the fall of the Berlin wall or find the time to go and console victims of a terrorist act..what does that tell you about what this guy is made of...
What did you think of the ceremony?

Old 11-10-2009, 02:40 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
I'm not an Obama fan to say the least. But this speech could have been worse. I thought he would spend more time making excuses for the killer and saying that this could have nothing to do with Islam. Instead he seems to be admitting this had terrorist elements to it and that no religion justifies it. I like that he basically said the killer will go to Hell for this.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I'm not an Obama fan to say the least. But this speech could have been worse. I thought he would spend more time making excuses for the killer and saying that this could have nothing to do with Islam. Instead he seems to be admitting this had terrorist elements to it and that no religion justifies it. I like that he basically said the killer will go to Hell for this.
Maybe you've been misunderstanding him the whole time.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:48 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Please..it only took him how many days to go there?? Bush and his wife were there Friday night consoling the victims..our great Commander-in-Chief sure can rush to hop a plane to Europe to try and get the Olympics for his cronies in gangster town..but can't seem to find the time to go to Germany and celebrate the fall of the Berlin wall or find the time to go and console victims of a terrorist act..what does that tell you about what this guy is made of...
Wow. I gave 'em 12 minutes but it only took 8.

Sorry to have underestimated you.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:52 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"'It may be hard to comprehend the twisted logic that led to this tragedy. But this much we do know – no faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor,' Obama said. 'And for what he has done, we know that the killer will be met with justice – in this world, and the next.'

"'We are a nation that guarantees the freedom to worship as one chooses. And instead of claiming God for our side, we remember Lincoln's words, and always pray to be on the side of God,' Obama said. 'We are a nation of laws whose commitment to justice is so enduring that we would treat a gunman and give him due process, just as surely as we will see that he pays for his crimes.'"

"And he paid homage to the victims, mentioning them by name and giving a brief biographical sketch of each."

Obama pays tribute to victims at Fort Hood memorial service - The Dallas Morning News

I liked his speech today as I watched, and I was glad he said what he did about this killer, it was, I hope a step in the right direction
how anyone could have watched this gut wrenching service and not be moved has a wooden heart

Old 11-10-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I liked his speech today as I watched, and I was glad he said what he did about this killer, it was, I hope a step in the right direction
how anyone could have watched this gut wrenching service and not be moved has a wooden heart

Old 11-10-2009, 03:04 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
How long will it take til the first criticism of Obama's trip to Ft. Hood and speech appear in this forum? It's 3:10 central time. I predict we'll see the first one by 3:22.
BO started out by thanking and giving shout outs..........
What about the 13 dead soldiers??????
Isn't that odd?

Old 11-10-2009, 03:11 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
BO started out by thanking and giving shout outs..........
What about the 13 dead soldiers??????
Isn't that odd?

Old 11-10-2009, 03:28 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
I didn't get to see the entire thing but what I did see was very well done and moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies