Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:10 AM

737 posts, read 1,176,965 times

Advertisements

I wonder how much support the Tea Party will receive from liberals who recognize the spoiler possibilities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 11:12 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

I thought, "Poor Florida. If they didn't get bad publicity they wouldn't have any publicity at all."
Them, and South Carolina.

Personally, I'm VERY, VERY happy to see this split finally happening. And not because it will mean Democrats will always be the majority party as a result. For a time, yes, but eventually, what I see happening, is the religious nutjobs that have hijacked the Republican party for far too long, will splinter off entirely on their own, the Republican party can get back to being about fiscal conservatism which will attract more of the moderate middle and moderate Democrats, balance will once more be restored between the parties and the nutcases will be so marginalized by their puny numbers that they'll never, ever, EVER be able to get anyone elected to public office. EVER.

This is actually a really good thing for the country!

Old 11-11-2009, 11:13 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

Personally, I'm VERY, VERY happy to see this split finally happening. And not because it will mean Democrats will always be the majority party as a result. For a time, yes, but eventually, what I see happening, is the religious nutjobs that have hijacked the Republican party for far too long, will splinter off entirely on their own, the Republican party can get back to being about fiscal conservatism which will attract more of the moderate middle and moderate Democrats, balance will once more be restored between the parties and the nutcases will be so marginalized by their puny numbers that they'll never, ever, EVER be able to get anyone elected to public office. EVER.

The NY-23 comedy was a taste of it.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yes they are...teabaggers ARE just Republicans, well, 99.9% of them.
Of course they are, except they are 99.99% pure, just like Ivory soap.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:32 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,750,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
I wonder how much support the Tea Party will receive from liberals who recognize the spoiler possibilities
Quietly behind the scenes, a lot. Since they don't have the numbers to ever actually win anything, they can only hurt the Republicans. They are almost unknowingly, an arm of the Democratic party.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:35 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I heard that last night. I thought, "Poor Florida. If they didn't get bad publicity they wouldn't have any publicity at all."

Couldn't those nuts have done that in some other state?

And yes, I say nuts. They ran someone on the "Conservative Party" ticket in New York, and an area that is traditionally Republican went to the Democrats. Yeah, good job.
Only in Florida.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

I agree. Too bad they did it in Florida.......but then I can't imagine it not happening in Florida.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
No, the point is I can only go by what I see. They are a bunch of easily influenced people many who have little real interest in any real cause. They are fad followers, fly-by-nights. At a point those who are really sincere will splinter off but they will represent such a small number as to be meaningless.

The people you see at these Tea Parties are the same types you see at a tail gait party before a Super-bowl. They are all excited then they leave early to beat the traffic. There is a lot more to commitment then making signs. Few who march around will ever give a dime to their candidate, make a phone call of ever canvas. They are for the most part paper tiger patriots. Sorry to say, phonies.

That is the reason for such disrespect for them. It is obvious what most are. Like I said, those who are really sincere will have to get away from the whack jobs or be grouped along with them. At the moment they enjoy safety in numbers but that never lasts, you need some substance. Non of this matters though, because as a group they are being manipulated and used as dupes. They are not real even if they don't realize it themselves. To them they are part of reality show, our newest national obsession.

Most of these people have never had anyone seek their opinion in their lives or pay any attention to them. They go about their days in anonymity. Now all they have to do is carry a provocative sign or act crazy and a camera will be pointed at them and they may find themselves on the nightly news. They are following a mob mentality. I would like to ask most of them if they even voted in the last election or have a clue who their representative is. Want to bet what answer you will get?

I have nothing against them, but I do see them for what they are even if they don't see it themselves. I require no one to think like me, just think for themselves and not be someone else's fool. All of the words you made bold in your response apply.
You have an issue understanding the difference of personal opinions, and facts; don't you?

Old 11-11-2009, 11:56 AM

Is the TeaBag Party supporting Rubio against Crist for Senator?

If so, do you think this means that Jeb Bush would support the TeaBag Party?

EYE ON MIAMI: Miamian Armando Gutierrez Jr. to take on Congressman Allen Grayson in Orlando? Moving up or just, out? ... by gimleteye
Speaking of loyalists, Politico reports that Karl Rove gave $1000 to Marco Rubio, gaining traction in his primary battle for US Senate against Gov. Charlie Crist. "NBC’s Chuck Todd first reported the donation and concludes that it is a sign of where former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush’s true loyalties lie in the hotly contested GOP Senate primary." That's news? Chuck, read our blog archive; type in "Rubio" under the search button, or, begin here. This is all about the return of Jeb and regrouping of radicals in the Republican party, expectant that voters remember nothing.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
David Koresh, Jim Jones, Manson, it is amazing how many weak minded people there are just looking to follow someone, anyone. People panicked over Y2K, they believe in 2012 the world will end, UFO's, aliens you name it and it can be sold to the simple minded. Now the Tea Parties. These are nothing more then people making a buck off these poor suckers. They set up offices, put themselves on payrolls and get these poor idiots who they scare with lies to give them money. If you can't get rich in this country you aren't trying. The average American is a moron.

These Tea Party people are really the bottom of the barrel, what a bunch of dupes, fools and suckers. Just for the fun of it get on one of their mailing list and watch the repeated requests for money. They are exactly what they pretend to be against. Just another money making scam aimed at the lowest common denominator and easiest to fool.

By the way, my comments have nothing to do with politics. All I see is fools, maybe well intentioned fools but fools never the less, being manipulated by people for their own selfish ends to make a buck, nothing else. Most of these idiots by the way, will in no time be chasing the next fad or tail gate party. They have no real convictions, but that is exactly what the organizers are looking for. Not people who think on their own, followers. Hay, I can't fault them, they sold the public platform shoes, get rich quick schemes, weight loss scams.

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the public".
H.L. Mencken
The GOP has exploited these dumb gullible tea bag types for years. Now it's gotten out of hand. The GOP elites have lost control. The Party's defacto leaders are Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity.

Here is their dilemma:

If the GOP elites tone down their rhetoric and start acting reasonable, they will lose the support of tea baggers/religious right who are out for blood.

On the other hand if they keep kissing these radical's ass, then they lose independents.

I wish the Florida Tea Bag Party all the the best from the bottom of my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies