Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:17 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Heck in Fla you can become a felon by getting caught driving on a suspended license 3 times and with how the law is here thats not that hard

Heck I know a Palm Beach county cop that was driving around with a suspsended license.
How did you know and if you know did you report it?

Suspended license happens for a reason....if you do it 3 times...well that means a donkey is smarter!

Old 11-11-2009, 12:17 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I happen to watch many crime shows, court cases, etc...

A felony for stealing a pumpkin?....I guess something is left out, like what happens a lot to people who have to hide certain things...that is the issue...lying lying and lying...
A felony is when the theft exceeds a certain amount. In NJ where this occurred, it's something like $100. Since a 200 lb (might've weight much more than this actually) pumpkin is worth more than that (yes, the court has the market price per lb available to it), it is considered a felony and a worthless public defender won't necessarily plea bargain it down. He also spent a night in jail, which doesn't happen to my knowledge with a misdemeanor. It may have also been trespassing on top of the theft, and I don't know the whole story + my friend doesn't like talking about it anymore and still gets worried that he'll be found out. What a miserable system we have!

Also, my friend would've been prohibited from owning firearms until he got this expunged. Now, including his ability to obtain a secret level clearance for a DoD contractor, he is now permitted to purchase a rifle/handgun.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
How did you know and if you know did you report it?

Suspended license happens for a reason....if you do it 3 times...well that means a donkey is smarter!
In Fla the insurance companys are required to send it to the state if you cancel your insurance the company that picks you up must also contact the state if the one tha tpicks you up doesnt contact the state in the time frame your license is automatically suspended

I know because he is a friend of my husband and he told us about it.

His license got suspended for no insurance when he had insurance

So basically your license can be suspended without your knowledge without you doing anything wrong

Old 11-11-2009, 12:23 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
In Fla the insurance companys are required to send it to the state if you cancel your insurance the company that picks you up must also contact the state if the one tha tpicks you up doesnt contact the state in the time frame your license is automatically suspended

I know because he is a friend of my husband and he told us about it.

His license got suspended for no insurance when he had insurance

So basically your license can be suspended without your knowledge without you doing anything wrong

same here in NJ. If your insurance is cancelled, then the insurance company has to contact motor vehicle. Motor Vehicle will then contact you to advise that you have x amount of time to either insure the vehicle, turn in the plates or the license and registration will be suspended.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
same here in NJ. If your insurance is cancelled, then the insurance company has to contact motor vehicle. Motor Vehicle will then contact you to advise that you have x amount of time to either insure the vehicle, turn in the plates or the license and registration will be suspended.
I dont know if they send out a notification here or not he was working a part time job sitting in his car bored and ran his own license and it came back suspended

Yeah here you have to turn in the plate also or you'll have to pay insurance on the car even if its broke down in the drive way. Then when you get it fixed you have to go and pay for another plate.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:28 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
I dont know if they send out a notification here or not he was working a part time job sitting in his car bored and ran his own license and it came back suspended

LMAO,.. a Cop bored. Heck he needs to come to Jersey, he won't be bored.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:29 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I ended up a few yrs ago with a realtor who had my property on the market, had a key to the property a key to my primary property since this person lived in my street and due to being a realtor I trusted the person...when the stories became weird and the realtor tried to scam me we did some research online and found out this realtor was a 3 time convicted felon. Last conviction was for 15 months in prison but a deal was made for 3 yrs probation, which she was on just before I got to know her.

When I found out I was so mad I contacted the broker and wanted to know how a person who had stolen so much (grand theft, fraud with checks, stealing jewelry, purses, etc.) can be a realtor and have access to my home and others homes and the owners not knowing....she was gone the next day

One realtor on another forum advised me to write the Governor and I did and they called me and looked into the case....her license is non active but I wonder why it isn't cancelled...

Specially in times as we are in right now, people who have done things like this as an adult (this person was mid fourties) will IMO not change...and use any opportunity if they need something.

She told me once that some one on Ebay accused her of selling fake Vuitons...but she claimed she only had the real deal...yeah I know stolen from a store....people like this always "forget" to tell the whole story!

Old 11-11-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
LMAO,.. a Cop bored. Heck he needs to come to Jersey, he won't be bored.
He was working after his shift protecting a temple. A part time gig but the temple hires them so they sit in their cars full uniform so he was just sitting in the parking lot checking ids for people to enter the parking lot

They earn like 30.00 an hour if I remember correctly. So a lot likes to do it

Old 11-11-2009, 12:32 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
I ended up a few yrs ago with a realtor who had my property on the market, had a key to the property a key to my primary property since this person lived in my street and due to being a realtor I trusted the person...when the stories became weird and the realtor tried to scam me we did some research online and found out this realtor was a 3 time convicted felon. Last conviction was for 15 months in prison but a deal was made for 3 yrs probation, which she was on just before I got to know her.

When I found out I was so mad I contacted the broker and wanted to know how a person who had stolen so much (grand theft, fraud with checks, stealing jewelry, purses, etc.) can be a realtor and have access to my home and others homes and the owners not knowing....she was gone the next day

One realtor on another forum advised me to write the Governor and I did and they called me and looked into the case....her license is non active but I wonder why it isn't cancelled...

Specially in times as we are in right now, people who have done things like this as an adult (this person was mid fourties) will IMO not change...and use any opportunity if they need something.

She told me once that some one on Ebay accused her of selling fake Vuitons...but she claimed she only had the real deal...yeah I know stolen from a store....people like this always "forget" to tell the whole story!
That's a repeat felon, plus that's on the risk of the realty company and they have no right to look to private records of an individual, only public records. That's capitalism whether you like it or not. If you don't like it, you can ask Putin to help get you a visa to glorious mother Russia.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:

Do you think my friend that is a felon shouldnt be able to sell houses doesnt mean she has to sell your house but shouldnt she be able to make a living?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies