Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 03:11 PM

301 posts, read 208,764 times

Advertisements

Why do people attack the entire muslim religion when one muslim wackaloon goes crazy? When Christian whacks go crazy like the Holocaust shooter, the situation is individualized. The person is attacked but Christianity isn't attacked.

I think these whacks be it christian, muslim or whatever all worship the God of Crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 03:16 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,433,233 times
Because Christians STOOD UP and said that loon didn't represent us. That he didn't stand for Christianity.

Any time there's a terrorist attack, we near *crickets* from the muslim community.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:20 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,391,751 times
washingtonpost.com
Quote:
Muslim American organizations hurried Friday to condemn the shootings at Fort Hood, saying they have already begun receiving some hate mail and emphasizing that there are thousands of Muslims serving in the armed forces.

Officials from the Islamic Society of North America, the American Muslim Armed Forces and Veterans Affairs Council and Imam Mohamed Magid of the large Northern Virginia mosque ADAMS (All Dulles Area Muslim Society) among others held a news conference Friday, urging Americans to view the shooter as a criminal individual, not a representative of Islam.

"As with Timothy McVeigh, the sniper, we focused on the person, not their religion. You wouldn't take a Christian or a Jewish soldier who did something like this and look at other Christians and Jews and say, 'Can we trust them?' " said Qaseem Uqdah, a Marine and executive director of the Muslim veterans council. "It's ludicrous."

Magid announced his group would be collecting donations from Muslim Americans for the victims of the shootings. He said the groups were trying to emphasize that Islam doesn't condone random violence. "You do this, you go to hell. You don't go to paradise."

Old 11-12-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Because Christians STOOD UP and said that loon didn't represent us. That he didn't stand for Christianity.

Any time there's a terrorist attack, we near *crickets* from the muslim community.
What?? I hear condemnation from the muslim community. They have to come out quickly because they know the knuckle draggers will quickly paint all muslims with a broad negative brush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post

Old 11-12-2009, 03:27 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,593,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
What?? I hear condemnation from the muslim community. They have to come out quickly because they know the knuckle draggers will quickly paint all muslims with a broad negative brush.

It happens all the time and to every group. It's a human behavior that's a mental shortcut. You will see the broad brush applied to religions, both political parties, people from regions of the country, knuckle-draggers etc. It's just not politically correct for it to happen to certain groups.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:30 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,688,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
Why do people attack the entire muslim religion when one muslim wackaloon goes crazy? When Christian whacks go crazy like the Holocaust shooter, the situation is individualized. The person is attacked but Christianity isn't attacked.

I think these whacks be it christian, muslim or whatever all worship the God of Crazy.
Because I have never heard reports that Christians who go crazy scream out "Praise Jesus!!!" before unleashing deadly consequences to their targets.

Because I have never heard a Christian government head proclaim that Muslims or any other religion should be wiped off the face of the map.

Because I have never heard of Christian terrorist attack opposing religions factions simply because they didn't believe the same as them and thus, their enemy must be exterminated.

Look, the islamic religion makes it pretty clear in their holy book that they are expected to push their beliefs across the world using every available means... even death.

An increase in these radical muslims, proclaiming to do what they did for religious reasons, gets the focus on the religion.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:32 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,688,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Should we post the videos of people dancing in the streets in the ME after the US was attacked?

Old 11-12-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Because I have never heard reports that Christians who go crazy scream out "Praise Jesus!!!" before unleashing deadly consequences to their targets.

Because I have never heard a Christian government head proclaim that Muslims or any other religion should be wiped off the face of the map.

Because I have never heard of Christian terrorist attack opposing religions factions simply because they didn't believe the same as them and thus, their enemy must be exterminated.

Look, the islamic religion makes it pretty clear in their holy book that they are expected to push their beliefs across the world using every available means... even death.

An increase in these radical muslims, proclaiming to do what they did for religious reasons, gets the focus on the religion.
Why does any of what you mention mean that an entire religion should be deamonized? So when the next Christian nut kills somebody while yelling praise Jesus, I expect you to deamonize all Christianity.

I've heard of plenty Christian nuts saying "God told me to"..

Old 11-12-2009, 03:39 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,391,751 times
Quote:
I don't buy it,.... show me a quote from the Koran that promotes this.
Evangalism perhaps, that is common in Christianity as well but, the Koran does not promote violence. If you read your Old Testament you'll find many instances in which it was directed to kill every living thing in order to take control of an area (David, Gidean, Amalek). The Koran and the Bible have a lot of their history common.

Last edited by msina; 11-12-2009 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-12-2009, 03:42 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,408,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post

I've seen lots of Christian shows praising the guy who bombed abortion clinics. Pat Robertson was very vocal in his support for killing abortion doctors.

Of course, he isn't wearing a turbin.

And as far as the Qur'an, have you ever read the bible? Its a very bloody book, one in which you are instructed to kill any number of people who do certain acts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies