Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 05:35 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
just post the youtube url and it'll pop the video in.

PG, you've been on CD long enough and i'm sure you've been keeping an eye on politics, I recall when this piece was floating around. Not only was it getting support from Democrats, but at the time it was also getting support from Republicans. When the 2008 campaign started heating up, it was abandoned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 05:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Why are you posting a news report from 2007 as if its breaking news from 2009? If you look at the bottom of the video, there are breaking news. Listed is an agreement between Consolidated Edison and American Superconductor

Article: Attack-Proof Power Line to Be Installed Under NY; Consolidated Edison and American Superconductor Corporation agree to put a superconducting power line under midtown New York that should lead to a sturdier power grid able to withstand extrem

LMAO. Hilarious the length you all will go on this fear mongering. Page out of FAUX news handbook. LMAO
So you are saying that CNN did fear mongering in 2007? Thats rather humorous since you went off on a tangent about "Faux" while ignoring that you just admitting CNN did one..

Old 11-12-2009, 05:36 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Funny there is no info on this on CNN, Politico, PBS, TheDailyBeast ...... even FOX. You would think there would be, wouldn't you? Wow, I agree, what length's some will go.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
PG, you've been on CD long enough and i'm sure you've been keeping an eye on politics, I recall when this piece was floating around. Not only was it getting support from Democrats, but at the time it was also getting support from Republicans. When the 2008 campaign started heating up, it was abandoned.
I remembered it being talked about in 2008, but that doesnt mean Congress didnt renew the discussion.

why would this have been hard to believe it was a current discussion considering the comments are all less than a week old..

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
I suspect that was just one of the earlier nails in Lou's coffin.

Quote:
So you are saying that CNN did fear mongering in 2007? Thats rather humorous since you went off on a tangent about "Faux" while ignoring that you just admitting CNN did one..

The way the OP started the thread, yes it was fearmongering. Backpeddle if you'd like. I recalled the bill which is why I pointed out this was an old story, a old bill that quickly died when folks ran out with the pitch forks. I was one of them.

The fact that your attempting to sugar coat the misleading attempt of "new breaking information" from the OP is even funnier.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:39 PM

301 posts, read 208,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I've had the video posted on my Facebook page for nearly a month now.
Never said anything in here about though ... I thought that all of the sharpies in here already knew this kind of thing was going on ...

Oh, and to the gentleman who didn't think old Lou worked at CNN? ... ya you .. the one in the back row ...

Lou Dobbs worked at CNN for 29 years

Ok..if we're posting foolishness from 2007, I got have fun with that. Bush was in full implode mode by then..Just because Lou Dobbs believes something doesn't mean CNN does. I guess Combs spoke for foxnews during his run with them.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:41 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Forget that it is old, it still is telling about the mind set of the Dems in Congress (the leadership is the same). You can be assured if they succeed in ramming through cap and tax and healthcare, this crap sandwich won't be far behind.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I remembered it being talked about in 2008, but that doesnt mean Congress didnt renew the discussion.

why would this have been hard to believe it was a current discussion considering the comments are all less than a week old..

Correction 2007 discussion. Once the word Amnesty was thrown around by BOTH SIDES and their voters got a hold of these conversations, needless to say they zipped it up. Now the conversations by BOTH sides is "path to citizenship". This is ONE of those hot subject I definately keep a close watch on.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Forget that it is old, it still is telling about the mind set of the Dems in Congress (the leadership is the same). You can be assured if they succeed in ramming through cap and tax and healthcare, this crap sandwich won't be far behind.

Mindset of BOTH the DEMS and REPUBLICANS. The discussion now is PATH TO CITIZENSHIP. Maybe you should move away from the old 2007 discussion and stay in the loop on 2009. Both sides are trying to sneak this subject in under the radar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies