Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 07:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Here is a speech delivered by the widely known Geert Wilders, a Dutch legislator, who tried to tell Americans just what is happening throughout Europe and telling why we need to be very careful not to allow the same thing from Muslims that western Europe has and is still allowing. He makes the case against letting Muslims move in and not acclimate to the population of the nation.

GEERT WILDERS ON ISLAM , Sunday, April 5, 2009

Old 11-12-2009, 08:07 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is a speech delivered by the widely known Geert Wilders, a Dutch legislator, who tried to tell Americans just what is happening throughout Europe and telling why we need to be very careful not to allow the same thing from Muslims that western Europe has and is still allowing. He makes the case against letting Muslims move in and not acclimate to the population of the nation.

Geert Wilders is the Dutch equivalent of Richard Butler (deceased american Aryan Nations leader, for those who dont know).

Who in their right mind here would (pardon my dutch) Give a Damn what the heck that yahoo thinks? Hes a world renown white supremacist.

Seriously, this isnt Stormfront, take such threads back to the white nationalist site and stop fishing here!

Old 11-12-2009, 08:45 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
In a generation or two the answer will be Europe lost... europe.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Geert Wilders is the Dutch equivalent of Richard Butler (deceased american Aryan Nations leader, for those who dont know).

Who in their right mind here would (pardon my dutch) Give a Damn what the heck that yahoo thinks? Hes a world renown white supremacist.

Seriously, this isnt Stormfront, take such threads back to the white nationalist site and stop fishing here!
Did you read the speech? I don't think you did but that is your right.

White nationalist has some foolish sound to it but then maybe you don't understand that the man is talking about what is happening in Europe. Do you think that all Muslims are very dark skinned? Maybe you need to look around.

I didn't see one word in that speech about skin color or race. I saw only Muslim and how they are taking over in Europe. Prove to me that you read it and tell me what has happened in the UK to indicate that they are slowly losing their control of their nation.

I am sorry to think that you didn't read this link but you didn't, did you? I like to always read the links so I can comment intelligently whether I agree with the poster or not. Try it, you might like doing it that way.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:14 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,736 times
Quote:
Did you read the speech? I don't think you did but that is your right.

White nationalist has some foolish sound to it but then maybe you don't understand that the man is talking about what is happening in Europe. Do you think that all Muslims are very dark skinned? Maybe you need to look around.

I didn't see one word in that speech about skin color or race. I saw only Muslim and how they are taking over in Europe. Prove to me that you read it and tell me what has happened in the UK to indicate that they are slowly losing their control of their nation.

I am sorry to think that you didn't read this link but you didn't, did you? I like to always read the links so I can comment intelligently whether I agree with the poster or not. Try it, you might like doing it that way.
Hows this for intelligent debate

Geert Wilders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Views on Islam

Wilders is best known for his criticism of Islam, summing up his views as being that "I don't hate Muslims, I hate Islam."[27] Although identifying Islamic extremists as a small 5-15% minority of Muslims,[28] he argues that "there is no such thing as 'moderate Islam'" and that the "Koran also states that Muslims who believe in only part of the Koran are in fact apostates".[32] He suggests that Muslims should "tear out half of the Koran if they wished to stay in the Netherlands" because it contains 'terrible things' and that Muhammad would "... in these days be hunted down as a terrorist."[33]
On August 8, 2007, Wilders opined in an open letter[34] to the Dutch newspaper De Volkskrant that the Koran, which he called a "fascist book", should be outlawed in the Netherlands, like Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf.[35] He has stated that "The book incites hatred and killing and therefore has no place in our legal order."[36] He has also referred to Mohammed as "the devil".[14] In September 2009, he made a public speech advocating a €1000 a year ($1500) excise tax on headscarf wearing.[37]
He believes that all Muslim immigration to the Netherlands should be halted and all settled immigrants should be paid to leave.[27] Referring to the increased population of Muslims in the Netherlands, he has said that:
“ "Take a walk down the street and see where this is going. You no longer feel like you are living in your own country. There is a battle going on and we have to defend ourselves. Before you know it there will be more mosques than churches!"[38] ”
In a speech before the Dutch Parliament, he stated that:
“ Islam is the Trojan Horse in Europe. If we do not stop Islamification now, Eurabia and Netherabia will just be a matter of time. One century ago, there were approximately 50 Muslims in the Netherlands. Today, there are about 1 million Muslims in this country. Where will it end? We are heading for the end of European and Dutch civilisation as we know it. Where is our Prime Minister in all this?
In reply to my questions in the House he said, without batting an eyelid, that there is no question of our country being Islamified. Now, this reply constituted a historical error as soon as it was uttered. Very many Dutch citizens, Madam Speaker, experience the presence of Islam around them. And I can report that they have had enough of burkas, headscarves, the ritual slaughter of animals, so‑called honour revenge, blaring minarets, female circumcision, hymen restoration operations, abuse of homosexuals, Turkish and Arabic on the buses and trains as well as on town hall leaflets, halal meat at grocery shops and department stores, Sharia exams, the Finance Minister's Sharia mortgages, and the enormous overrepresentation of Muslims in the area of crime, including Moroccan street terrorists.[32]

Nonetheless, Wilders has traveled widely in the Arab world and Der Spiegel has stated that Wilders will "wax poetic" over those "magnificent countries". Wilders has also said that "It's a real shame that these places are so chaotic."[10]
The man has the same views of Muslims and nonwhite european immigrants that Hitler did of Jews. Its religious intolerance and bigotry and it is not to be embraced, it is to be opposed, every time.

Im not a muslim, but I take serious issue with anyone with prejudicial comments towards anothers religion (without holding ones own to the same).

Old 11-13-2009, 02:43 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
I am not a Muslim either and I don't have much use for the o.p.'s constant issue baiting but, it must be said, the issue of muslims in Europe is a serious one. And it could happen in the U.S. because if anything we are even more knee jerk in our defense of 'religion' than secular Europeans. If you have seen the horrific accounts of Dutch, Swedish, French and other European women gang raped by packs of Muslims who claim they had to do it because the women were violating sacred Muslim edicts by going around with their arms bare... in Paris?? Maybe when they start in on women on the streets in Brooklyn there will be an outcry. Maybe when they put a price on some Manhattan writers head because he writes a play in which some Muslim sacred cow is slaughtered there will be an outcry. I'm sorry, I have to agree. Foreign nationals who seek asylum in Europe, the U.S. or any other sheltering sovereign must divest themselves of nationalistic points of view. Certainly outwardly.

H

Old 11-13-2009, 02:56 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Demographically, Western Europe is in no danger of being "lost" to Islam, for a variety of reasons - falling Muslim birthrates, falling rates of religious observance among Muslims (secularization), and the tightening of immigration policies.

For a good recent review of the topic, focusing on Muslims in France, look through this article:

Immigrant Muslims in Belleville - The Financial Times

Quote:
At last count Algerian women living in France averaged an estimated 2.57 children, or only slightly above the French rate. Moreover, the fertility rate of north African women in France has been falling since 1981. Eurabia is not a demographic prospect.
Based on the best actual statistics we have (and not just poorly-sourced extrapolations), this seems to be the case.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:41 AM

277 posts, read 368,666 times
Quote:

This is another looney tune talking. It's fear. You see lots of that today here in the US. It doesn't surprise me in the least.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:49 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Religious extremism is always a worry, but enlisting an extremist bigot to champion a solution is like setting people on fire to help extinguish a refinery fire.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:26 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
Check out this CNN Video report. This Dutch guy may be a lune, but that doesn't mean his concerns aren't valid. Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies