Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather live in a country with no muslims or with muslims
With muslims 36 46.75%
With no muslims 41 53.25%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 11:59 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Don't forget it was a Muslim who killed Robert F Kennedy, supposedly liberals adore the Kennedys so much -- until one is assassinated by a Muslim and then they want more coming to this country.

Acutally Sirhan Sirhan was a Palestinian Christian..

"Sirhan was born in Jerusalem to a Palestinian Christian family and immigrated as a child to the United States with his family. In his adult life, however, he made several religious conversions, joining Baptist and Seventh-day Adventist churches, and dabbled in the occult."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 12:13 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
Whether we have Muslims or not really makes no difference to me. I don't think we're any safer without Muslims living in this country, nor are we in any more danger with Muslims. I believe the same to be true of any religious group.

But I feel that, as a country, we'd be much safer with far fewer fearful bigots.

Just my honest opinion.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:35 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Whether we have Muslims or not really makes no difference to me. I don't think we're any safer without Muslims living in this country, nor are we in any more danger with Muslims. I believe the same to be true of any religious group.

But I feel that, as a country, we'd be much safer with far fewer fearful bigots.

Just my honest opinion.
You are telling me we would not be safer without muslims? Do you not remember 9/11? Hasan? The countless terrorist plots we have luckily stopped that were being hatched by muslim Americans? The muslim Americans that go to places like Afghanistan and Iraq to fight against us?

That doesn't even mention less severe crimes like rape.

http://97.74.65.51/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=6161 (broken link)

How can you be so blind as to think we are not less safe with Muslims here?

Old 11-13-2009, 12:36 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You are telling me we would not be safer without muslims? Do you not remember 9/11? Hasan? The countless terrorist plots we have luckily stopped that were being hatched by muslim Americans? The muslim Americans that go to places like Afghanistan and Iraq to fight against us?

Christians have attacked us too. Should we get rid of them too?

Old 11-13-2009, 12:45 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
i have no problem with muslims in my community. i have a lot actually. i see them in their floor length clothes. i see the young girls in jeans and head scarves. they are very peaceful and very kind.

i am happy they are here.

this country is better for having, jews, muslims, cristians, etc. the problem is the RADICALS. those come in all shapes, sizes, colors, genders, religions, etc etc.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:51 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i have no problem with muslims in my community. i have a lot actually. i see them in their floor length clothes. i see the young girls in jeans and head scarves. they are very peaceful and very kind.

i am happy they are here.

this country is better for having, jews, muslims, cristians, etc. the problem is the RADICALS. those come in all shapes, sizes, colors, genders, religions, etc etc.
Terrorism is a perversion of Islam. Here's another perversion of a religion.

"We come in the name of THE LORD God JESUS CHRIST, Amen." Imperial Klans of America International Headquarters (http://kkkk.net/home.htm - broken link)

Old 11-13-2009, 01:18 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Christians have attacked us too. Should we get rid of them too?
The difference is almost all Muslim attacks are religiously motivated. Christians don't attack us for religious reasons(usually its political).

This "perversion" of the Islamic faith is not really a perversion at all, you should actually read the Quran to learn what it says about non-believers.

The early passages say they should fight all non-believers and kill the infidel wherever he is. Then they realized it isn't practical to kill everyone you conquer, better to let them live, slowly converting them, while taking their money. So then they starting imposing the "jizyah" tax, and forced all non-muslims to submit to muslims and pay the tax or die.

Only later on did many muslim religions especially in the Balkans basically "rip out" a huge portion of the Quran to make it more moderate. The truth is, these more moderate muslims could be considered infidels themselves.

Of course the same can be said about Christianity. Anyone who works on Sundays or gets divorced for any other reason than adultery, isn't really a Christian at all. According to the scriptures.

You can say that many of the protestants of today are similar to the moderates of Islam.

The problem is, if Christians followed the Bible to an exact. They would seem extremely moderate compared to Muslims who followed the Quran to an exact.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:13 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,483 times
Quote:
What is it that Muslims think about that is so different from everyone else? Why are muslims the only ones that can have that perspective? Do you think their "different thinking" has brought greater prosperity to this country?
They do think differently than us, and that hasn't brought them prosperity. You are correct in that. But this is because of idealogical gridlock from having such a concentration of the same exact opinion. Much like our liberal Vs Conservative battles. Generally speaking every time a line gets drawn in the sand and there are two sides that form - generally. Same there. That's the problem. Everyone has picked their side so long ago that that's all there is. Again, this is a generalization. Not all Muslims are on side A or side B. Just as not everyone here is not on the left or the right.

What I was talking about is mixing up the ideologies so there is more difference instead of two sides of a wall. Think of it like ingredients for soup. If you just have water and a potato you don't have soup. You need water a potato, maybe some celery, a bit of onion, some whipping cream and so on. In short, I am looking at it from the perspective of making soup, not which ideology is right and which one is just dead wrong. Because that's no way to live. No one should live their lives strictly by the ascribed facets of an ideology.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:21 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
Quote:
All I asked of you was honesty, can you people not just be honest?
Quote:
You are telling me we would not be safer without muslims?

If you didn't want people to answer honestly, why did you ask?

I honesty believe that the presence of people following one religion or another does not make this country any more or less safe. We can all pull out news articles about some Muslim/Christian/Jew/etc. doing some bad thing, but to extend that to the point of condemning the religion as a whole is something I refuse to do.

As I said earlier, I feel that, as a country, we'd be much safer with far fewer fearful bigots.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:24 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Tuff choice. I cant vote. When I agree to eliminate one group, when will others make the choice to eliminate my group?

I do believe we need to have a serious national discussion about Islam and what it means to have a growing muslim population.

Where Muslims go, Sharia Law follows. America is a nation with a secular society, where all are free to practice their faith but where none are free to legislate their faith.

Sharia is the legislation of faith.

We cannot have that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies