Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 11:16 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

About that 10.2% unemployment and why many of those job losses are permanent...

"Washington is doing everything in their manpower, capability, to destroy U.S. manufacturing," Farr said today in Chicago at a Baird Industrial Outlook conference. "Cap and trade, medical reform, labor rules"...

The unemployment rate in the U.S. jumped to 10.2 percent in October, the highest level since 1983. Emerson, which Farr said employs about 125,000 people worldwide, has eliminated more than 20,000 jobs since the end of 2008 to lower expenses.
"What do you think I am going to do?" Farr asked. "I’m not going to hire anybody in the United States. I’m moving. They are doing everything possible to destroy jobs"...

About 36 percent of manufacturing is now in 'best-cost countries' up from 21 percent in 2003, according to slides accompanying his speech.
Companies will create jobs in India and China, "places where people want the products and where the governments welcome you to actually do something," Farr said.

My job is not to shrink and roll over for the U.S. government"
Emerson's Farr Says U.S. Is Destroying Manufacturing - Bloomberg.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 11:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
The US hasn't been a manufacturing country in a long time.
Are you just waking up?
This has been going on since way before 20 Jan 2009.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:23 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
About that 10.2% unemployment and why many of those job losses are permanent...

"Washington is doing everything in their manpower, capability, to destroy U.S. manufacturing," Farr said today in Chicago at a Baird Industrial Outlook conference. "Cap and trade, medical reform, labor rules"...

The unemployment rate in the U.S. jumped to 10.2 percent in October, the highest level since 1983. Emerson, which Farr said employs about 125,000 people worldwide, has eliminated more than 20,000 jobs since the end of 2008 to lower expenses.
"What do you think I am going to do?" Farr asked. "I’m not going to hire anybody in the United States. I’m moving. They are doing everything possible to destroy jobs"...

About 36 percent of manufacturing is now in 'best-cost countries' up from 21 percent in 2003, according to slides accompanying his speech.
Companies will create jobs in India and China, "places where people want the products and where the governments welcome you to actually do something," Farr said.

My job is not to shrink and roll over for the U.S. government"
Emerson's Farr Says U.S. Is Destroying Manufacturing - Bloomberg.com
This guy moved 20,000 american jobs overseas, why

If we nationalized Health Care he wouldn't have that expense

Old 11-13-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
This guy moved 20,000 american jobs overseas, why

If we nationalized Health Care he wouldn't have that expense
Are YOU going to pay for it, Boompa?
The Dems' healthcare 'reform' is just one of the problems the current admin is raining down on U.S. manufacturing.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Are you just waking up?
His point is that the current admin is making it WORSE.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:56 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
The lead and other issues with toys is prime example of this. Congress went and passed legislation that toys now have to be tested... So far so good right?

Well the problem is that the testing is expensive and small mom and pop places that may make only a handful of toys a year can't afford it. These toys would comprise mostly of hand made wooden toys. Large corporations like Matell can not only afford it but that cost is spread out over many toys. The legislation is to prevent children from getting toys with harmful material which it will but the companies that caused the issue in the first place will also benefit and those that were doing what they should have been doing all along go out of business.

If I was conspiracy nut I would suggest corporations like Matell did it on purpose.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:33 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,054,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Are you just waking up?
You continue to use this response. But I am sure you were not hating Bush for events and the results of events that occurred prior to Jan 20 2001... Right?

Old 11-13-2009, 02:36 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Are YOU going to pay for it, Boompa?
The Dems' healthcare 'reform' is just one of the problems the current admin is raining down on U.S. manufacturing.
You are already paying for it in lost jobs and having the parasite insurance companies sucking that money out of the economy while producing nothing

Old 11-13-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
You are already paying for it in lost jobs and having the parasite insurance companies sucking that money out of the economy while producing nothing
So, why are Pelousi and Obama working to make sure that the 'parasite insurance companies' suck even more money out of the economy?
Insurers poised to reap benefits from healthcare overhaul -- latimes.com

"If President Obama is going to succeed in passing health-care reform legislation this year, he’ll need to go through Ignagni." (Ignagni = insurance industry lobbyist).
Karen Ignagni - WhoRunsGov.com, a Wash Post Co

Old 11-13-2009, 02:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
And the healthcare bill will guarantee them that it will continue to even more profits since it's MANDATED that every American have insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies