Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:51 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I don't think so.

I think you all would have been up in arms about it and yelling about how she is ruining our morals and such.

When her sex tapes came out, you all would have been like "Oh my God. I knew it all along! Liberals are just lacking morals!"
And don't forget about her monthly abortion. No doubt, she would have been accused of something of that sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 07:54 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Be real. Perez Hilton, the gay blogger, stirred up the whole controversy. He is a disgusting person. Amazing to me that this sleazy person was allowed to be a judge. Have you seen the sexual drawings he makes on pictures on his website? You think he is a stand up person Mike from Back East?

Old 11-14-2009, 07:54 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
She's too stupid to be a liberal.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:55 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
She's too stupid to be a liberal.
So true!!!

Old 11-14-2009, 07:56 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Be real. Perez Hilton, the gay blogger, stirred up the whole controversy. He is a disgusting person. Amazing to me that this sleazy person was allowed to be a judge. Have you seen the sexual drawings he makes on pictures on his website? You think he is a stand up person Mike from Back East?
I have it said before. I did not like how Perez Hilton reacted to all of this. It was immature and UNCALLED for.

I am surprised he could be a judge too considering he is gay and it was to judge women.

Yes, Perez Hilton is disgusting. But so is Carrie. She is no different than that sleazy Perez.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:56 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,395 times
There would be just as big of an uproar.
It would just be on a different network.
Just more non-news for the starry-eyed viewer

Old 11-14-2009, 08:03 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
There would be just as big of an uproar.
It would just be on a different network.
Just more non-news for the starry-eyed viewer
NOW that's the ticket. More red herrings to distract us while the U. S Treasury continues to be looted by Bush's pals at Goldman Sachs and Wall Street. Hell, all this crap the last 8 years was just distractions to keep us from seeing how we're being robbed by the wealthy. The press eats it up, no real fact checking to be done, just lots of sleazy accusations, etc. Doesn't matter which side of the aisle we sit on either, they stir it up and take our eyes off the prize that much longer. Prejean is just another phony story, like years of haggling over gay marriage, abortion, guns, gay rights, birth control, abstinence, etc, all are red herring issues that keep WE THE PEOPLE at each other's throats while the rich loot the land far and wide. Bend over America, all of you/us.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:21 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
NOW that's the ticket. More red herrings to distract us while the U. S Treasury continues to be looted by Bush's pals at Goldman Sachs and Wall Street. Hell, all this crap the last 8 years was just distractions to keep us from seeing how we're being robbed by the wealthy. The press eats it up, no real fact checking to be done, just lots of sleazy accusations, etc. Doesn't matter which side of the aisle we sit on either, they stir it up and take our eyes off the prize that much longer. Prejean is just another phony story, like years of haggling over gay marriage, abortion, guns, gay rights, birth control, abstinence, etc, all are red herring issues that keep WE THE PEOPLE at each other's throats while the rich loot the land far and wide. Bend over America, all of you/us.
This sounds like what my political science professor says.

We are studying Rousseau. The rich make the poor fight against each other all the while robbing them.

Anyways, so no explanation? Not even from Pommysmommy. Hmm....

Clearly the hypocritical stance of the right has been proven.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:22 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I have it said before. I did not like how Perez Hilton reacted to all of this. It was immature and UNCALLED for.

I am surprised he could be a judge too considering he is gay and it was to judge women.

Yes, Perez Hilton is disgusting. But so is Carrie. She is no different than that sleazy Perez.
Agree. Hilton is a flaky dude, for sure. Prejean is a hypocrite. Beauty pageants are so sexist that I'm amazed we still have them.

This whole tempest is just asinine from the start...a pretty girl has breast implants just in time to compete in a beauty pageant, the whole thing is so ludicrous it defies belief. Was she still a minor when that was done?

Then we get some wacky flake like Hilton to be a judge; which tells me they were BANKING on controversy from the start, even negative controversy is considered good publicity. The sad part is that the public eats up this crap like they're starving.

Donald Trump laughs all the way to the bank. America is the laughing stock of the world - again. The religious right is played for suckers again. Man, this formula is getting old... it'll be something else next month; like Levi Johnston's "spread" in Playgirl, and then the spin machines can start anew.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:24 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
I'm glad I'm a Canadian. Such goofyness never becomes any kind of an issue here. I think the USA is going insane. The mass hysteria just keeps getting worse and worse. The society is becoming fractured to a degree that I would never thought possible. What is going to happen if things get really tough. If unemployment hits 20%. If there was a depression or other calamity could true Americanism survive or would blood flow in the streets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies